What happened to Augusta Winqvist after 1913

Startet af Tom Nurmi, 12 Dec 2010 - 00:03

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Tom Nurmi

During the last year I have tried to find information about my grandmothers sister by name Augusta Wilhelmina Winqvist, born in Finland 11.06.1884. She emigrated to Denmark around 1897 and lived in Holbaek area until 1907 when she moved to Copenhagen. She was found in folketaelinge 1911, living at Nörre Sögade 49 as a "tjenstepige" in a family by name Harald Valentiner-Branth and moved with them to Jagtvej 34 in 1913 where Harald Valentiner-Branth (theologie cand) got a job as school inspector. After 1913 we have not found any information about Augusta and her family in Finland has not since that received any letter from her. For almost 100 years this has been a mystery for all her realtives in Finland. Something dramatic must have happened to her after 1913 but she is not found among identified death or burried people in the Copehahagen region and not among people in mental hospital or jail. My hope is that she have moved to some other place in Denmark, but where? But why has she not then sent any letters to her mother in Finland? She used at least to send Christmas or New years cards for several years? I have contacted several authorities and archives in Holaek and Copenhagen and even relatives from the family where she worked in 1913 without any result. Of course she is not living any more,but she might have got married and changed her family name and moved away from Copenhagen. My (last) hope now is: Does anybody of you who read this message recognize the first names Augusta Wilhelmina and the date of her birth 11.06.1884 among yuor ancestors? Please let me know.
Answers in Danish or Swedish are also wellcome.

Best regards Tom Nurmi

Asger Berg

Hi Tom,

I just link to the "old Forum" because the subject was brought up then. Hope you will get good response this time.

http://www.dis-danmark.dk/forum/read.php?1,627492,692645

Best regards,
Asger
Med venlig hilsen
Asger Berg

www.hillerødlokalhistoriskeforening.dk
Hillerød Lokalhistoriske Forening

Tom Nurmi

I have added Augustas seciond name Wilhelmina to the heading abowe.
I have also got information that an unidentified woman in her age was found drowned close to a place called Pontonflaaden in Copenhagen in 9:th of July 1913. From the death report the women was obviously pregnant. However the mystery is not still solved. Was this women Augusta or not?
All aditional info about her is wellcome!

Best regards to all of you who have given me assistance in this case so far!
This forum has been very useful for me.