Jens Johansen

Startet af Michelle Bie, 09 Nov 2012 - 03:39

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Michelle Bie

Can someone help me find the birth/baptism record for Jens Johansen in
                  Vidstrup Vennebjerg Hjørring Vidstrup  1739 1814?
The information I have is he was born June 10, 1802 and baptised July 4, 1802. I have looked and could find the record. I am trying to find information about who his parents were.

My first problem is I can only pick out a few words in Danish and to my untrained eye the records don't see to be in order.

Can someone please help me find Jens Johansen's parents.

Thank you.
Michelle

John Wrenholt

His birth record is found 1739-1814 Vidstrup churchbook (ops 144).  I couldn't make heads or tails of it  until I looked at his confirmatiion record found at 1814-1864 (ops 89).  I read the confirmation record to say that he was born to unmarried Kirstine Sørensdatter.  Perhaps the father is named in the birth record but it appears that the original record was waterstained.

Could this be the mother in the census record?

Hjørring, Vennebjerg, Vidstrup, Widstrup Bye, , , 16, FT-1801
Name:   Age:   Marital status:   Occupation in household:   Occupation:   Birth place:
Søren Jensen   63   Gift   Mand   Huusmand uden Jord, gaaer i Dagleye og betler   
Maren Nielsdatter   55   Gift   Hands Kone      
Kirsten Sørensdatter   26   Ugift   Deres Datter      
Ane Magrete Kielsdatter   7   Ugift   Dennes Børn      
Johannes Pedersen   2   Ugift   Dennes Børn   

Michelle Bie

Though there is no question that Kirsten Sorensdatter is Jens mother, it is most certainly the right Jens and his mother, since his daughter was named Kirsten also and the name Kirsten follows down the generations.

I seems conceivable that this is Jens mother and her parents. Which if it is, takes my family tree back another generation. I will continue looking for confirmation of this fact.

Thank you John, I would never have found this information on my own.

Can someone answer a question about the census record. Kirsten is Deres Datter and the other two children are listed as Dennes Børn. Which if my limited knowledge is right, one is "their daughter" and the other "his children". Why would they be listed differently?

Michelle

Inger Toudal

Hi Michelle,

In the 1801 census Kirsten is listed as daughter of Søren Jensen and Maren Nielsdatter.

Ane Magrete and Johannes are listed as Kirsten's children. 'Denne' = this, i.e. the last mentioned.

About Jens' birth record:

----------- d 4 Juli døbt Kirsten Sørensdatters uægte
----- kaldt Jens ---------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------- til Barnefader
---------------------------------------------- Johan Meijer _

Kirsten Sørensdatter's illegitimate [child] called Jens
--- [the alleged] father of the child Johan Meijer.

I'm not 100 % sure about the name of the father.

Best regards,
Inger Toudal
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal