Clausen

Startet af Kev Nagle, 03 Jan 2011 - 02:42

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Kev Nagle

Hello

My name is Kev Nagle and I am from Queensland Australia. Given I have no knowledge of the Danish language I was hoping someone can help me locate the whereabouts of my Danish ancestors.

What I know so far:

My GGG Grandfather Lorenz Christian Clausen (b abt 1826) and Maria Catherine Gidall (marriage date not known) had the following family:

Maria Cathrine Margrethe Clausen (b. 22/4/1842) - Married Jes Jessen Duus (m. 23/11/1869)
Anna Magdalena Clausen (b. 22/11/1947) - Married Jens Larsen (m. 5/5/1868)
Catherine Helene Clausen (b. 2/8/1850)
Henrik Johann Christian Clausen (b. 15/1/1854)
Hans Christian Clausen (b. 27/8/1859)
Christine Marie Clausen (b. 8/7/1862)

The eldest two girls and their families both migrated to Australia in 1872 and I know about their families. However, I know nothing about their parents and their siblings who remained in Denmark, if in fact they did.

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Kev Nagle
Brisbane
Queensland
Australia

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Kev,

(You are in the wrong forum - should be in Find your relatives in Denmark). Your posting is now where it should be.

Do you know this site: http://www.queenslandfamilytrees.com/getperson.php?personID=I5284&tree=1

Lissa

Ralph Rasmussen

If you get on to Arkivalier Online you will find Jes Jessen Duus married at Ullerup parish, Nybøl herred, Sønderborg amt.  The fiche is identified as 'opslag' 201, the marriage is number 12.

To do some of your own research you will need to learn various versions of the old scripts.  In the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries they are close to the then current German scripts.

The respective parents are: Jes, Jes Duus and Ingeborg, née Jessen
and
Maria, Lorenz Christian Clausen and Maria Cathrine, née Gedal.

Jes was born there 10 May 1842, Maria in Rinkenes 22 April 1842.

If the moderator doesn't move this thread, you will want to start a thread in Find Your Relatives.

Regards, 'Venlig hilsen'
from the US
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Kev Nagle

Ralph

Thanks for your help, I have been looking around the website Arkivalier Online, there is heaps on information on the site. However, I can't seem to search for individuals and am faced with pages of entries. I know that most of the Clausens are from Rinkenæs. What is the relevant Amt / Herred / Sogn for the search.

I looked up the fiche is identified as 'opslag' 201, the marriage is number 12 for what I thought was Rinkenæs but it did not refer to Duus.

I have also been looking at the Danish Demographic Database but am unsure about the correct County / District and Parish.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Kev

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Kev,

www.krabsen.dk - click "stednavne" = place names. Then click the "new" place name - write Rinkenæs in the box and click "søg" = search. Now you will see that:

Stednavn     Sogn         Herred      Gl. amt       (Kommune (2007) Bemærkning)
Place name  Parish        District     Old county  (municipality   remarks)

Rinkenæs    Rinkenæs   Lundtoft   Åbenrå

Aabenraa, Lundtoft, Rinkenæs, Lundtoftharde Dorf Rinkenis, Nebengeb, 14b F1, FT-1845, C6153
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Lorenz Christ. Clausen 29  Gift  Concess. Schneider Treppe
Maria Cathr. Gidall 23  Gift  seine Frau Haugaard
Maria Cath. M. Clausen 3  Ugift  ihre Kinder Rinknis
Ungetauft [Clausen] 1  Ugift  ihre Kinder item [Rinknis]
Hans Friedr. Lorenzen 21  Ugift  Lehrbursche Egensund

Lissa

Homer Ficken

Citat fra: Kev Nagle Dato 03 Jan 2011 - 02:42
My GGG Grandfather Lorenz Christian Clausen (b abt 1826) and Maria Catherine Gidall (marriage date not known)

Attached is their marriage record, 20 March 1842 (AO Rinkenæs 1839-1880 opslag 127)

Perhaps someone will translate the text.

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]
Areas of interest:  Tønder county,  Brede, Daler, and Visby parishes
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=-skow-

Ralph Rasmussen

First a transcription:

Lorenz Christian Clausen, Ægte søn af afd. Hans Christian
Clausen og Anne Cathrine fød Jordt paa Trappe, med Marie
Cathrine Gidal, Ægte datter af Johann Christian Gidal
og Marie Elisabeth fød Petersen i Volfsballig.
Hjemm ifølge Kong. ... d. Tønder Amtstue d. 17 Marts 1842.
V. A. d. Tombøll d. 4 Decbr 1819 Petersen og Augustenb. d. 18 Juni 1825 H....
Brudg. 28 og Bruden 21 Aar.

Lorenz Christian Clausen, legitimate son of the late Hans Christian Clausen and Anne Cathrine née Jordt at Trappe, with Marie Cathrine Gidal, legitimate daughter of Johann Christian Gidal and Marie Elisabeth, née Petersen in Volfsballig.  Ceremony performed at home with royal permission through Tønder amtstue dated 17 March 1842.  Vaccination certificates dated 4 December 1819 by Petersen at Tombøll and 18 June 1825 by .... at Augustenborg.  The groom 28, the bride 21 years old.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Kev Nagle

Thanks Ralph, Lissa and Homer.

The information is great and the website http://www.queenslandfamilytrees.com has provided some additional contacts to assist with my search.

Thanks again.

Regards

Kev