Elly Larsine Elisabeth

Startet af Paul Londahl-Smidt, 01 Jan 2012 - 21:02

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Gødt nytår til alle.  I ran across this police registration.  http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/index.php?option=com_sfup&controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=3307866&searchname=polit_simple.  I am trying to help another person trace Elly Larsine Elisabeth, født 26 Oct 1897.  I have checked the Valby and den kgl fødelsskiftelse with no luck.  I know that Ludvig Henrik was adopted by Christian Berthelsen and that Peter Marinus was the son of one of his daughters. 

Elly emigrated to the USA in 1909 with Ludvig Henrik and it says she is his sister.  In the 1910 census for Omaha, Nebraska Ludvig is listed as the brother of Dagmar and Elly as her cousin.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Eva Morfiadakis

You find the family in FT 1901 Smedestraede 10, image 18. Peter Marinius is the son of Anna Louise B.

Ft 1906 the same adress, image 21. There is no Elly living there.  C. Berthelsen owns the house. There is also a brother and his family living at the same adress.

Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

You find Peter M. J. birth in Valby (1892-1901), image 94. Perhaps Elly is the daughter of Dagmar.

Eva M
Eva M

Flemming A. Aasklint

Hi

http://www.sa.dk/ao/andre/SkifteKom.aspx

Embede: Københavns Skiftekommision indtil 1919
Navn: Hvidebog

1909-1910

Christian Berthelsen : Opslag 207

Augusta Mathilde Berthelsen born Jensen :Opslag 304-307

--
Elly is not mentioned.
Mvh.
Flemming Aasklint
4500  Nykøbing Sjælland

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Eva og Flemmimg,

Perhaps the answer lies in the American records.  Since Elly was 13 in the 1910 census perhaps she was confirmed in 1911 in the Norwegian-Danish Evangelical Lutheran Church in Omaha, Nebraska.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Trisha Weathers

Hello,

Paul was assisting me in finding information on Elly.  She is my great grandmother.  I am trying to track her time in Denmark and hoping to find her parents.

In the first link given in this forum : http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/index.php?option=com_sfup&controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=3307866&searchname=polit_simple.

The address translated to Wrought Strait 10, first.

Google maps is not able to find this address, so I am wondering if it translated correctly.

Thank you to anyone who can assist me.

Trisha

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Trisha,

The street name is, as you can see to the right of the paper: Smedestræde 10.

On www.maps.google.com write Smedestraede 10, Valby, Denmark.

Lissa

Verner Bentsen

Hi Trisha.

On the police registration you can find a link: Vis adresser på kort (beta)

It's only a beta version but it's ok for Smedestræde.

The address is marked with an A in a balloon. Attached

Verner

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Mange tak Verner.

Med venlig amerikanske hilsener
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Lissa Pedersen

The family (Christian Bertelsen and Augusta living with Christian's parents) is here in 1880:

kbhv, Sokkelund, Hvidovre, Valby, , Smedestræde 10, et Hus, , FT-1880
Name: Age: Marital status: Occupation in household: Occupation: Birth place:
Bertel Madsen 58  Gift Husfader, Handelsmand  Hvidovre sogn, Københavns amt
Katrine Madsen f. Petersen 54  Gift hans Hustru  Brøndbyøster sogn, Københavns amt
Hans Peter Bertelsen 16  Ugift deres Barn  Hvidovre sogn, Københavns amt
Julius Martin Bertelsen 14  Ugift deres Barn  Hvidovre sogn, Københavns amt
Ludvig Hendrik Bertelsen 11  Ugift deres Barn  Hvidovre sogn, Københavns amt
Christian Bertelsen 22  Gift deres Barn, Arbejdsmand  Hvidovre sogn, Københavns amt
Augusta Bertelsen f. Jensen 20  Gift hans Hustru  Fredeiksberg, Københavns amt
Anna Bertelsen 1  Ugift deres Barn  Hvidovre sogn, Københavns amt
Christine Hendrichsen 16  Ugift Tyende  Smørumovre by og sogn, Københavns amt

Christian and Augusta married 17 November 1878 in Copenhagen (but where) - according to Familysearch.

They married 17 November 1878 in Hvidovre (1875-1891), opslag 17!

Their daughter Anna Lovise Annette Bertelsen is born 26 Jan 1879 in Hvidovre (1877-1885), opslag 106

A daughter Berta Jensine Katrine Bertelsen was born 15 July 1880 in Hvidovre (1877-1885), opslag 123

Lissa

Trisha Weathers

Is Jensen Augusta's maiden name?  I think possibly that is Elly's blood relative.

Lissa Pedersen

Yes, that's her maiden name.

f. Jensen means born Jensen.

Lissa

Lissa Pedersen

A boy Emil Charles Bertelsen was born 10 Jan 1891 in Hvidovre, opslag 72 (1885-1891) to Hans Peter Bertelsen and Marie Christine Bentsen - they lived at Smedestræde 10.

Witnesses:
widow Cathrine Elisabeth Bertelsen
merchant Christian Bertelsen and his wife
all of Valby, Smedestræde 10
the parents

Hans Peter was Christian's and Ludvig Henrik's brother.

This is Hans Peter's death: http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/index.php?option=com_sfup&controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=3307876&searchname=polit_simple

His wife Marie Christine is here (as a widow): http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/index.php?option=com_sfup&controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=2489972&searchname=polit_simple

Lissa

Lissa Pedersen

Here is a daughter Katrine Elisabeth Bertelsen - born 11 April 1886 to Hans Peter Bertelsen (Hvidovre 1885-1891, opslag 97): http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/index.php?option=com_sfup&controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=2489945&searchname=polit_simple

Christian Bertelsen and his wife were also witnesses at her birth.

Lissa

Trisha Weathers

Lissa Pedersen

Do you have any other clues how to find Elly's birth

Just for info: Valby parish was separated from Hvidovre parish 1 May 1902.

Jesuskirken in Valby parish: http://www.jesuskirken.dk/Historie,-arkitektur-og-instrumenter.3.aspx

Lissa

Lissa Pedersen

Dagmar Berthine Mathilde Bertelsen was born 28 Sep 1884 in Hvidovre parish, opslag 180 (1877-1885). This time the family wasw living Smedestræde 7.

I don't think she could be the mother of Elly - as mentioned earlier - as she would only have been around 13 yrs old (in 1897).

Lissa

John Wrenholt

According to FamilySearch.org:

Augusta Mathilde Jensen born Apr 9, 1860

Parents:

Jens Olsen
Sidse Kirstine Larsen

Sisters:

Anna Margrethe Jensen born Aug 26, 1855
Ane Kirstine Jensen born Jul  19, 1862

Birth records:
Augusta Mathilde    =    1859-1863 Frederiksberg ops 190 #59
Anna Margrethe     =    1853-1859 Frederiksberg  ops 188 #79
Ane Kirstine           =     1853-1871 Hvidovre  ops 159 #25

Although the father's name is different, I believe this census shows the family in 1860:

København, Sokkelund, Frederiksberg, Allégade, , Gaarden nr. 8, 155 - F4, FT-1860
Jens Jensen   40   Gift   Arbejdsmand      Havdrup Sogn, Roskilde Amt
Sisse Christine Jensen, f. Larsen   28   Gift   Hustru      Skævinge Sogn, Frederiksborg Amt
Ane Margrethe Jensen   5   Ugift   Datter      Frederiksberg

Trisha Weathers

I don't have many clues about Elly's birth.  We always knew her last name as Fredericksen.  We never knew about her last name of Berthelsen or Bertelsen until we found her confirmation certificate which listed her as Berthelsen. That is when we found her ship record.  The other mystery, is she told her children that she traveled to America alone, however she is listed as traveling with someone (we assume a cousin) on the ship record.  She did not like the family she came to live with, so that may be a reason she said she traveled alone.

Her U.S. social security application gives her name as Elly Fredericksen (maiden name), Karaus (married).  Her birth date as Oct 22 1896. (so there is some discrepancy with her birth date).

Her father's name is listed as Jens Fredericksen and mother Caroline.  (The spelling of her mother's name could be different, because it looks like Cavoline.  Where the "v" is it looks as if they had typed over a letter, or tried to back up as if they typed it incorrectly).

At some point we have her parents listed as,
father: Jens Peter Hans Frederiksen and
mother: Kirstine Ane Jensen, but I am not sure from what source we have this information.  We also know she had a brother, but we do not know his name.  He joined some type of military, but we do not know when or who he joined with.  We only have one picture of him, and a couple of drawings he did.

I always questioned her father's name being Frederiksen as well, since this was about the time the region the children used their father's first name as their last name.

Trisha Weathers

Lissa,

Thanks for the info on the separation of Valby.  That will be interesting to read up on.

John Wrenholt

http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/index.php?option=com_sfup&controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=3321721&searchname=polit_simple

I'm checking out this Jens Peter Hans Frederiksen as the possible father of Elly.  He and his wife Anna Christine both died in 1899.  It appears that Anna Christine is the sister of Augusta Matilde Berthelsen.

I found her birth record in 1892-1900 Skt Paul (ops 31, #194)!  Elly Elisabeth Larsine Frederiksen.  It even mentions the name Bertelsen.  Hopefully one of the Danes will translate it for you.

Trisha Weathers

Oh my!!  Thank you everyone thus far for helping me.  We have had this brick wall for the longest time, and I have just recently had some time to sit down and start trying to dive in and search for clues.

This has been a really big big help!

Trisha Weathers

Would there have been any death records or obituaries for Jens Peter and Ane Kirstine (or Anna Christine) which would give a reason for their deaths?

Judith Olsen

The death of Ane Christine - København, Vor Frue 1892-1914, ops. 180, no 23.
Venlig hilsen
Judith Olsen
Terslev, 4690 Haslev
judith@olsen.mail.dk

Inger Toudal

Skt Paul 1892-1900, opslag 316, # 194:

1896, 22 Octbr. Roseng. 12,1.
P. Olsen [name of midwife?]

Elly Elisabeth Larsine Frederiksen

Bertelsen kgl. Bevill. af 19/12 07

Frederiksen, Jens Peter Hans, Arbejdsmand
H. Ane Kirstine Jensen, 33

Adoptivforældre: Husejer Christian Bertelsen
og Hustru Augusta Mathilde Jensen

18 Novbr. 1896 Lützhøft i Hjemmet
fremstillet i Kirken 8. August 1897

Bud Lars Frederiksen og Hustru Elisabeth
                                           Frederiksg. 21
ugift Christian Christiansen, Roseng. 12

Viede 2/8 91    Danmark

Best regards,
Inger Toudal
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Lissa Pedersen

Great with the birth of Elly!

So, her mother Ane Kirstine Jensen = 1853-1871 Hvidovre  ops 159 #25 definitely must be the sister of Augusta Mathilde Jensen.

This is the death of Jens Peter Hans Frederiksen - 14 Aug 1899: http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/index.php?option=com_sfup&controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=3321721&searchname=polit_simple

Lissa

Trisha Weathers

Great find John,

How did you find Elly's birth, and how do I get there?

What is Skt Paul?

"I found her birth record in 1892-1900 Skt Paul (ops 31, #194)!  Elly Elisabeth Larsine Frederiksen.  It even mentions the name Bertelsen.  Hopefully one of the Danes will translate it for you."