Help / Suggestions to find ancestor

Startet af Lizz Denis, 10 Maj 2014 - 23:54

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lizz Denis

After many years I am still searching for the family of Johanne Hansdatter, aged 22 at her marriage in 1858 Church of the Trinitatis, to Thomas Heiggs who is from England and working in Kobenhavn during this period.  Thomas states he is 20 years old, but is really 18, so I am not sure Johanne's age is correct either.  They both give their address as Rosenborggade 213.  There is no Johanne Hansdatter at this address in 1855.   They move to England where on census records Johanne is called Hannah 1861 through 1900 when she dies.    On the English census she says she comes from Seeland, Denmark (which I am guessing is actually sjealand).  One other time she says she comes from what appears to be Me_____ unreadable, Denmark.   

The best men at their wedding are Lars Laurs Pedersen or Petersen of 212 Ny Vestergade.  Lars was born 1805, he is a Skomagersvend of Pleielt Bye, Thikjøb Sogn, Frederiksborg.  In 1860 Lars lives at Kobenhavn, Vester Kvarter, matri 138-265, opslag 134, far right hand side of page.  Ny Vestergade:  Lars Petersen, 55, Thikob, wife Caroline Margrethe Nielsen 49, Camilla Angelius 8, Ludwig 7.  I have followed this family through from his birth in 1805 to 1860 census and can find no obvious relationship to Johanne.

The other best man is Jens Madsen, a waiter, living at Noerrebro 36 V2 B2 (the street address is Tømrergade 3).  He is not there on the 1860 census: Udenbys Klædebo kvarter
Matr. Nr. 036U6B-063A, Opslag 41 - 43.  I have not been able to recognize who he is on the census records to do any further research on who he is and how or whether he is related to Johanne.

As I have never found additional information on Johanne, I have concentrated on the best men in hopes they are related to her but I cannot seem to make any connection.  Suggestions welcome!

Lis B. Jensen

Hi

If they haven't left Denmark in 1860 - you could try the adress Rosenborggade 213 there
Lis B. Jensen
Ses i Legacy Forum: http://legacydansk.com og
https://vordingborglokalarkiv.dk/