Hansen family in Maribo, Fuglse, Torslunde 1880

Startet af Karen Hansen, 20 Dec 2014 - 16:24

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Karen Hansen

Greetings!
I am searching for Danish relatives.

My great grandfather was Anders Peder Hansen from Torslunde. He was a schoolmaster and chorister. His wife was Marie Anette Augusta Hansen. They are listed in the 1880 Census and are 48 and 41 years old. From this and other census data I gather that they had 13 children! Their second child (listed in the 1860 Census) was my grandfather, Hans Christian Hansen (born 1859). He was a cabinet maker and emmigrated to New York in 1887.

When I was 19 years old I came to visit Denmark and visited my father's elderly cousin in Copenhagen. Her name was Elisabeth Pedersen. I believe she died a few years later. After that I have had no contact with Danish relatives. I would love to reconnect! Thanks so much for any help!
Karen Hansen

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Hi Karen

I guess this is the family you are refering to:

Maribo, Fuglse, Torslunde

Anders Peder Hansen *2. jun. 1831. Vigersted Sogn, Sorø Amt, Skolelærer, kirkesager
Forældre: Husmand, træskomand Hans Christensen og hustru Ane Pedersdatter.

Marie Annette Augusta Hansen *21. sep. 1839 Nykøbing Falster, Faster Sønder, Maribo Amt
Forældre: Skomagermester Lars Hansen og hustru Emilie Abelone født Hansen, Nykøbing

Children:
Johannes Lauritz Qvist Hansen *3. mar. 1858 Torslunde Sogn, Maribo Amt
Hans Christian Hansen *10. sep. 1859 Torslunde Sogn, Maribo Amt
Anton Emil Hansen *13. jun. 1962 Torslunde Sogn, Maribo Amt †25. mai 1867
Agnes Emilie Marie Hansen*24. jul. 1864 Torslunde Sogn, Maribo Amt
Otto Valdemar Hansen *16. jun. 1866 Torslunde Sogn, Maribo Amt
Ane Kirstine Hansen*1. jun. 1868 Torslunde Sogn, Maribo Amt
Henrik Anton Hansen*19. mar. 1870 Torslunde Sogn, Maribo Amt
Erhardt Sofus Hansen*8. okt. 1871 Torslunde Sogn, Maribo Amt
Carl Frederik Hansen *8. okt. 1871 Torslunde Sogn, Maribo Amt
Elise Regine Hansen *5. sep. 1873 Torslunde Sogn, Maribo Amt
August Peder Hansen *17. maj 1875 Torslunde Sogn, Maribo Amt
Georg Hansen *27. nov. 1878 Torslunde Sogn, Maribo Amt †27. nov. 1878
Axel Marius Hansen*1878 Torslunde Sogn, Maribo Amt
Gerda Sofie Margrethe Hansen*23. jul. 1883 Torslunde Sogn, Maribo Amt
Ejner Thorvald Hansen *23. jan. 1886 Torslunde Sogn, Maribo Amt

And you would like to get in touch with living relatives?

/Ellen

Karen Hansen

Hi Ellen,
Thanks for responding!
I am new to the forum. I think I may have responded just now, but not sure.
Yes, these are my relatives. I don't really know how to find living relatives. I was hoping someone might recognize their ancestors in my post and contact me.
Any ideas?
Thanks and Glædelig jul!!
Karen

Karen Hansen

Citat fra: Karen Hansen [45933] Dato 20 Dec 2014 - 16:24
Greetings!
I am searching for Danish relatives.

My great grandfather was Anders Peder Hansen from Torslunde. He was a schoolmaster and chorister. His wife was Marie Anette Augusta Hansen. They are listed in the 1880 Census and are 48 and 41 years old. From this and other census data I gather that they had 13 children! Their second child (listed in the 1860 Census) was my grandfather, Hans Christian Hansen (born 1859). He was a cabinet maker and emmigrated to New York in 1887.

When I was 19 years old I came to visit Denmark and visited my father's elderly cousin in Copenhagen. Her name was Elisabeth Pedersen. I believe she died a few years later. After that I have had no contact with Danish relatives. I would love to reconnect! Thanks so much for any help!
Karen Hansen

It comes up that I'm looking for English relatives. I'm in the US and am looking for DANISH relatives

Paul Londahl-Smidt

I also live in the USA.  I found the following information on your relatives that take them into the early 1900s.

Otto Valdemar Hansen married Petrea Kristiane Pedersen on 15 Oct 1890 in Torslunde, opslag 67 nr 3.  I don't speak Danish but I believe that Otto was living in Aarhus at the time.

Elise Regine Hansen married Søren Peder Pedersen Kolind on 25 Mar 1898 in Torslunde, opslag 182 nr 1. 

Hans Peder Kolind was born 31 Mar 1899 in Skjern, Ringkøbing, opslag 35 nr 7.

Anders Peder Hansen died 8 Nov 1899 in Torslunde, opslag 218 nr 3.

Marie Anette Augusta Hansen died 11 May 1923 in Rødby, Maribo, opslag 303 nr 3.

Here are family member in the København police registry.

http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/component/sfup/?controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=1693018&searchname=polit_simple  Han's wife Julie was born in Langaa and her maiden name is Christensen.

http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/component/sfup/?controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=2045376&searchname=polit_simple

Sincerely,
Paul

Pamela Alley

Hi Karen

Are you familiar with this page? Maybe e-mail them? http://www.thas.dk/?page_id=3419

Regards

Pam

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Hi Karen
Axel Marius Hansen can also be found here:
http://www.denstoredanske.dk/Dansk_Biografisk_Leksikon/Samfund,_jura_og_politik/Myndigheder_og_politisk_styre/Undervisningsminister/A.M._Hansen.

I don't know if you read Danish - but he was member of the Danish Parliament for 27 years, and minister of Education.

/Ellen

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Hi Karen
According to the census 1916 for Gundslev, Falster Nørre, Maribo, Axel Marius Hansen has 1 child:

(View 19):
A. M. Hansen 2/9-1877 Lærer
Dagmar Hansen 15/9 1879 Husmoder
Magnus Hansen 20/3-1912 Barn

/Ellen

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Karen,

According to the 1921 census for Gundslev, opslag 30, Axel Marius Hansen had two children, Mogens Hansen born 20 Mar 1912 in København and Greta Hansen born 31 Aug 1914 in England.  Aksel Marius Hansen and Jensine Dagmar Nielsen were married 15 Sep 1903 in Sørup, Gjern, Skanderborg, opslag 97 nr 2.

Sincerely,
Paul