Bossen's in Tønder

Startet af Marlon Henvit, 09 Okt 2015 - 19:47

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Marlon Henvit

I have a dilema. I have an ancestor Hans Andresen Bossen who I know died 23 May 1776. This can be seen at Tønder, Tønder, Tønder 1663-1785, Opslag 419, #59. This would put his birth at 1709. I have great difficulty reading those records. Several years go I requested help and someone from the forum found a record at Tønder, Tønder, Tønder 1653-1726. Opslag 287, 1st column, 2nd from bottom that is very difficult to read but they thought it recorded the birth of a child for Andreas Bossen whose name was Hans. Some time ago I can upon a website I can no longer find which listed birth's of Bossen's in Tønder. This gave the birth of 3 children for Andreas Bossen: Boh in 1698, Gyde in 1705, this may have been the one the above researcher found and Hans in 1709. I filed this information away and did nothing about it until now. NOW I notice there is a conflict. The above information would put the birth of Hans at 1709 which would correspond with his death record. Can anyone straighten this out for me?

Marlon Henvit
Mesquite, Nevda USA

Bente Wanning

hi,
His grandson with same name:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XBSQ-8YY   
Hans Christian Bossen
Denmark Baptisms
Name   Hans Christian Bossen
Gender   Male
Christening Date   29 Jul 1872
Christening Place   , TONDER, TONDER, DENMARK
Father's Name   Boh Matthiesen Bossen
Mother's Name   Anna Maria Kallesen
Venlig hilsen
Bente Wanning 
Hjørring amt <Skæve<Voer<Astrup<Åsted sogne
Hals Arkiv 9370
Medlem af DS Danmark -

Inger Buchard

Tønder 1663-1785, Opslag 419, #59
23 May 1776
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/billedviser?epid=17217394#202758,38439434 opslag 444
Hans Bossen aus dem Hospital, 67 Jahre alt,
Wittwer nunmehre verstorbenen Ehefrau Elsabe Marina geb. Lassen
saying:
Hans Bossen from the Asylum, 67 years old
widower of late Elsabe Marina born Lassen

Tønder 1653-1726. Opslag 287, 1st column, 2nd from bottom
We need to know the date and year, because the 'opslag' have been renumbered

The children:
Güde:
1705, 26.4.
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/billedviser?epid=17217390#202734,38433137 opslag 292
Hans:
not found 1706-1710

I imagine that the person who says that Hans was born 1709 has been counting backword from 1776, without finding the record

My suggestion:
you 'walk' through the birth records 1700-1713, looking for any father with the first name Andreas. Look out for 'Item' (also) and 'Eod.' (on the same day). Maybe the surname Bossen was dropped and the church record uses his profession as a name?
you could also find any Andreas among the witnesses - just to find out if the Andreas Bossen is present in Tønder and when

Inger
Redaktør på DIS-Wiki

Marlon Henvit

Thanks to both of you. I have another question. Things have changed since I last did research. How do I access the parish records I get to the home page, click on parish record and nothing happens. What am I missing?

Marlon Henvit
Mesquite, Nevada USA

Inger Buchard

Go to
www.sa.dk
choose
Arkivalieronline
write 'kirkebøger' and click 'søg'
choose 'kirkebøger fra hele landet'
you'll be on
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/geo/index/5

In the dropdown box 'Amt' find Tønder
in the dropdown box 'Arkiv' find Tønder præstearkiv

choose the right years
either 1653-2003 or 1753-2003
choose the wanted churchbook

Inger

Redaktør på DIS-Wiki

Marlon Henvit

Thanks Inger, That was a big help!

Ole Westermann

Marlon,

I went through the years 1700-1714 and besides Güde in 1705 Andreas Bossen did not get any children baptized there.
As witness he is only mentioned Dec.1702, Jan.1704 and Dec.1706.
After that he is not mentioned. Did he move from Tønder after that time?
So Hans was born somewhere else?

Ole

Marlon Henvit

Hi Ole,

Thanks for your work. I don't know much about Andreas but his son Hans Andreas married and died in Tønder, his granddaughter Helena Catharina was born, married and died in Tønder, His great granddaughter Elsabe Matthiesen was born in Tønder, married and died in Skærbæk, Tønder. I have all those records if it would be any help.

Marlon Henvit

Pia Wølch Jørgensen

Dear Marlon,

Please get this message!

I was looking for information about Bossen in Tønder, and this post showed up.

If you are related to Hans Bossen, then you are related to me too. Well we shared ancestors. Please respond to this, since I really would like to know more about Bossen's in Tønder.

Pia
Mvh Pia Jørgensen

piawj91@gmail.com