Need of help or advice (Christian and/or Christen Foersom)

Startet af Paul Olesen, 19 Nov 2015 - 21:54

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Olesen

I am in need of some help or advice. Peder Foersom is my 3rd great grandfather. The 1787 Ribe Købstad census list his father as Christen Foersom, age 50. I am looking for Christen's baptism / birth record. I know his father's name was Jep. Kirkebog: Ribe, Ribe, Ribe - Domsogn og Landsogn 1701-1788 F (EM) - opslag: 117 number 21 list a son born to Jep Foersom in 1735 named Christian. The Kirkebog: Ribe, Ribe, Ribe - Domsogn og Landsogn 1701-1788 F (EM) - opslag:124 number 23 lists a son born to Jep Foersom in 1737 named Christen. I thought that the 1735 Christian may have died and the 1737 Christen was given the same name. The different spelling was just a variation. I looked for a death record for the 1735 Christian but was unable to find one. I now think that maybe the 1735 Christian did not die and the 1737 Christen was just given a name similar to his brother.  Would brothers be given essentially the same name or am I dealing with two different Jep Foersoms (fathers)? How do I tell?

Thank you

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Ralph Rasmussen

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Paul Olesen

I didn't think to check the confirmation records. Thanks