Need help with an entry

Startet af Paul Olesen, 07 Dec 2015 - 16:46

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Olesen

d. 24. Octobr. blev efter kongel. allernaad. Dispensation i huuset copuleret unge karl Jacob Michelsen og kone Hedvig Sophie Larsdatter, afg. Jørgen Bangs efterladte Enke.

In this entry what does ". blev efter kongel. allernaad. Dispensation i huuset" mean. I can see that it was some special exemption but what and why was it given?

http://ao.salldata.dk/vis.php?bsid=180281&side=125&kb=Kirkebog: Svendborg, Vindinge, Nyborg 1756-1813 VD (EM)&zoom=&height=911

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Ralph Rasmussen

On the face of it, all weddings were to take place at the church, as a rite along the lines of baptism and burial and eventually confirmation.  But it was not that unusual for the well-to-do to seek exceptions to the rules surrounding marriage.  A too close familial relationship or inheritance issues could be resolved with the permission of officials 'in the name of the gracious king'.

Thus marriages celebrated outside of the church required permission, and no doubt some fees.

The starting point for further study of this would be the Kirkeordinans of 1585.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Paul Olesen

Thanks Ralph. I will have to do some research. Paul Olesen

Ralph Rasmussen

Marriages outside of the church presumed no other 'defect'  But the extent that your ancestors used this custom could be an interesting sidelight.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø