Not sure who is the mother of 3rd great grandmother.

Startet af Paul Olesen, 14 Dec 2015 - 22:32

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Olesen

I have a problem that maybe someone can help me with. The 1787 census for Odense, Vends, Husby sogn lists Jesper Nielsen, age 50, and his wife Elisabeth Rasmusdatter, age 37. Juliane Jespersdatter, age 1, in their family is my 3rd great grandmother. She and the other children are listed as "deris Børn af første Ægteskab". The 1801 census has the same father and mother but now all the children are listed as "Deris børn". The church records from 1715 to 1813 for Husby sogn are missing. I would like to know if the mother of Juliane is Elisabeth Rasmusdatter. Is there any way to find out?

Gitte Johansen

Alle oplysninger vedr. den valgte person

Kilde:   FT-1787   Kildehenvisning:   Mikrokort 443-side 165   
Matrnr/adresse:   15.de Familie   
Husstands-/familienr:      
Navn:   Jesper Nielsen      Køn:   M   
Alder:   50      Civilstand:   Gift   
Stilling i husstanden:   Mand      Erhverv:   Møller   
Nr. ægteskab:   1    Marriage no. 1.
Sogn:   Husby   Herred:   Vends
Amt:   Odense   Stednavn:   Hygind
Indtastningsnr:   C3215   Løbenr.:   282

Alle oplysninger vedr. den valgte person

Kilde:   FT-1787   Kildehenvisning:   Mikrokort 443-side 165   
Matrnr/adresse:   15.de Familie   
Husstands-/familienr:      
Navn:   Elisabeth Rasmusd.      Køn:   K   
Alder:   37      Civilstand:   Gift   
Stilling i husstanden:   Hans Kone   
Nr. ægteskab:   1   
Sogn:   Husby   Herred:   Vends
Amt:   Odense   Stednavn:   Hygind
Indtastningsnr:   C3215   Løbenr.:   283
Venlig hilsen
Gitte Johansen 8520 Lystrup

gittejohansen(snabel a)rocketmail.com

Paul Olesen

Ralph Rasmussen

Something to pursue.  Jesper Nielsen, Møller, was married in the neighboring parish, Rørup in 1771 to Elisabeth Rasmusdatter.  A miller had a bit more opportunity to live in a different parish and under a different manor.  So they may be the parents you are researching. 

The marriage is noted in Rørup 1747-1814, opslag 130, October 11. 

Among other things, this couple may have children born in Rørup and noted on the 1787 Husby census.  The respective probates also may name relatives living in Rørup.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Paul Olesen

Ralph Rasmussen

I have gone over the records for Rørup in the ten years after the marriage and found no birth or death to tie to Jesper Nielsen.  They must have moved to Husby.

There would have been a contract (fæste) for the mill Jesper oversaw in Husby.  Finding it or mention of it could be a bit of a process.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Paul Olesen

Hi Ralph,
Thanks for looking. I looked too and did not find any children. I did find the birth/baptism of Lisbeth (Elisabeth) Rasmus Datter 5 April 1750 (Kirkebog: Odense, Vends, Rørup 1747-1814 FKVD (EM) - opslag: 120). The village in which she was born and the village in the marriage record are the same and the year, 1750, is the calculated year of her birth from the census so I am sure it is her.

Thanks again for the help.
Paul Olesen

Brian Lauridsen

According to the register to the fæsteprotokol for Wedellsborg Estate Jesper Nielsen took over the lease for Hygind Mølle from his father, Niels Jensen, 16 December 1769.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-99WF-RD7W?owc=collection%2F2015318%2Fwaypoints&wc=M52B-SPV%3A333468201%2C334540101%2C334549101%3Fcc%3D2015318&cc=2015318

Brian

Paul Olesen

Brian,
Thanks for the information.  Just for my own curiosity, what do the numbers (1-6-2-0) under Hygind Mølle mean?

Brian Lauridsen

The numbers tells the value of the land measured in "tønder hartkorn" - barrels of hard grain.

1 tønde hartkorn - barrel hard grain
6 Skæpper - bushels
2 Fjerdingkar - peck
0 Album - "album"

https://translate.google.com/translate?ie=UTF-8&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fda.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FHartkorn

Brian

Paul Olesen