Another Birth Record

Startet af Ric Rasmussen, 10 Apr 2016 - 23:50

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Ric Rasmussen

Can I please get help with this birth record also?

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/billedviser?epid=16415220#19,12973

No. 372.

I am particularly interested in what it may say about another sibling for 1834.

In 1845, Ane Arvesen had another daughter named Anne Johanne.  I know it was the practice to name a subsequent child after a deceased child.  Is that a safe assumption or is there somewhere I could confirm that?

Thank you,

Ric
Fanefjord, Mønbo, Præstø

Ralph Rasmussen

Having two living children with the same name is fairly rare.  About the only way to be sure is to find the death of the earlier one, no mean task in Copenhagen.  Family Search may have an answer under the daughter's name.

Trouble loading the image at the moment.....
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Ric Rasmussen

Thank you, Ralph.  No luck in Family Search on the older daughter.  However she does not show up in the 1845 or 1850 census but the brother, Peter, born two years later does.  I have deduced from this that she died before 1845.

I have tried the link a couple of times again and it works.  Not sure what else to do on that.

Thanks again for your help.

Ric
Fanefjord, Mønbo, Præstø

Ralph Rasmussen

Ostensibly the link was fine, but the server was balking, probably from too many requests at the same time.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Ric Rasmussen

Thank you.  When it is available, could I get help with the transcription and translation of this record?
Fanefjord, Mønbo, Præstø

Ric Rasmussen

Here is the image:

I can make out:

Nr. 372 Pige barnet Anne Johanne
født den 17 Februar 1835 under Nr. 166 og døbt den 24 ?(do these letters mean then same month?)
Udleveret den 5th July 1835
til Moderen Ane Arvesen
ugift f. født FN 795/1834 32 Aar
født i Kjobenhavn ?

I can't get anything else except Nov 1834.  I'm hoping this text will contain some answers.

As indicated in some pencil markings on this record, she had two other children: 293/1837 and 176/1845.  Each of these records references this child and the 1834 birth.  What I am struggling with is that this child was born in February and the child referenced before this was No. 795 in 1834.  This would seem to place it towards the end of the year.  She can't have had a child at the end of 1834 and also at the beginning of 1835.  I am hoping that the rest of the text in this record helps clarify what is going on.

Thanks,

Ric

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]
Fanefjord, Mønbo, Præstø

Lis B. Jensen

Hi Ric

I read it like this:
født i Kjobenhavn ?? opholdt sig der
og tjenet til Novb 1834 side været
hos familien. Tager til Aabenraa
No. 236 i Kjælderen hos Arbejdsmand
  Hvor hun tager Barnet