Search for specific dhcurch book entry in St. Olai, Helsingör

Startet af Christoph Scherfer, 09 Maj 2016 - 17:58

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Christoph Scherfer

Hej everybody,

I am in search for a specific Helsingör St. Olai chruch book entry from April 25, 1819. In the Danish state archive I can only find entries for baptisms, marriages and deaths, which is not the case for this one.

My Swedish ancestor, pistol maker Johann Dahlquist and his wife Christine Svensdotter came to St. Petersburg about 1800-1815, where they became members of the Swedish community in St. Katarina. In 1815 one of their children was babtised there, but it seems that since they were not able to retrieve a regular immigration document, they could not become full community members until 1819.

In the St. Petersburg church books I found two documents, one from 1815 in German, stating that the couple was married in the "Iksvikoy" (or similar) weapon factory on 5 November 1807. I have no idea, where this weapon factory was, but I guess that it was already in Russia, where entire villages were built up around factories during the time.

The second document I found from the St. Petersburg church books is from 1819 (attached). The text I can decipher is:

---

Nr. 200   Communicierten mit unserer Gemeinde d. 15 ten September 1817. Bescheiniget aus St. Petersburg den 23. Junius 1817. Carl Saafalt, Probst und Pastor der Gemeinde"

[...] Bössasmed Johannes Dalquist, og Husfrun Christine Svends Duchter, Communicerede här i St. Olai Kirka, 2de Söndag efter Pascha (= 2. Sonnt. nach Ostern) 25. April 1819. [...] Atta hundrade og Nitton den Fem og Tjugonde April. Som Bemedte Kirkas Ministerialbog Pag: (pagina=Seite) 241. udwiser [...] härmed,
af Helsingöer, den 25 de April 1819. B Rönning, Klockner und Kirchner

---

The first part is in German, I think stating the demand from St. Petersburg to Helsingör from 1817.
The second part is in Danish and mentions a church book entry in St. Olai in Helsingör from 25. April 1819, page 241. This entry is the one I search for.

Any help or advise is appreciated!

Best wishes,
Christoph

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Christoph Scherfer

Hej Hans,

thank you so much! If I understand it right, these entries are just about their participation in the sacrament (kommunion) ? Why are there two different ones, is it just a copy book?

Eva Morfiadakis

Hej,

Danish church books are often written in two copies "hovedministerialbog" and "kontraministerialbog".

I wish Sweden had done the same. There wouldn't have been any gaps due to fire for instance in the church archives.

Eva M
Eva M