Lauritz and Karen Larsen from Denmark to New York sep. first 1871

Startet af Erik Zinck, 29 Jun 2016 - 11:04

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Erik Zinck

My grand-grand parents Lauritz Larsen (*14 jul 1833) and Karen Larsen (*17 nov 1839) went from Denmark to America with steamship Franklin and arrived N.Y. sep. first 1871. They brought their two children Ole (4year) and Gunild (my grandmother 9month). they went to Pensylvania where Lauritz worked first at Withe Haven Lucerne Co. later on Morrison Lucerne Co. and finally at Weatherly Carbon Co. They did not succeed, were often fooled, and primo 1875 they went to Denmark again more poor than ever. They had two more children whom both died.
May there be any information about there lives in America?

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Fåborg    Barløse

Erik Zinck

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

My pleasure Erik.  I did look for records about Lauritz and Karen Hansen but had no luck.

mvh
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Erik Zinck

Fine map. Looks very much like the town today. Not grown that much since 1873.
I know they got a daughter born July 13. christened in White Haven church in August or September 1872 named Dorothea Marie Larsen. Is it possible to surch in the parish register.

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Hej Erik,

There are baptism records for St. Paul's Lutheran Church in White Haven.  You can order them from your nearest Mormon church for a very reasonable cost (her in the USA it is $7.50).  https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/558913?availability=Family%20History%20Library.

mvh
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse