Police Emigration Database & National Archive questions

Startet af Kevin Salt, 20 Jul 2016 - 10:30

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Kevin Salt

Hello,
I have located my GGGrandfather in the police emigration database online, his name in the database is "Henriksen, Carl Fr." with IDKode "I9192H1413" traveling indirectly to Oakland, California in 1891. 

I am in Copenhagen for the next 12 days and am trying to find images or copies of the original ledgers with the ticket information that was used to create the database.  I have access to the national archives (I have a rigsarkivet adgangskort card) and have already requested a few microfilms via Daisy, but they were just indexes with name, destination and a 4 digit number apparently referencing another ledger unknown to me. 

I read here: http://www.emiarch.dk/info.php?l=en  that there are 90 thick volumes with all the ticket information which was used to create the online database.  The IDKode indicates the volume, page and line that the record came from.  My question is, are these volumes available at the national archives?  And if so, what would I request in Daisy to see them?

Thank you,
Kevin Salt

Inger Toudal

Hi Kevin,

I hope this can help you find the info you are looking for:

https://www.sa.dk/daisy/arkivskaber_og_arkivserie_liste?c=&a=k%C3%B8benhavn&b=udvandrer&d=1869&e=1900

https://www.sa.dk/daisy/arkivserie_detaljer?a=k%C3%B8benhavn&b=udvandrer&c=&d=1869&e=1900&f=&g=&h=&ngid=&ngnid=&heid=2844621&henid=2844621&epid=&faid=&meid=&m2rid=&side=&sort=&dir=&gsc=&int=&ep=&es=&ed=

Arkivserie:
Register over udvandrere. Indirekte  1869 - 1935

Navn(e):
Register over udvandrere. Indirekte (officielt)
Register over udvandrere. Indirekte udvandrere (kaldenavn)

Dateringer:
Arkivserien er dannet i perioden: 1869 - 1935

Eksemplar:                  Fysiske enheder:                       Arkivinstitution:
Original, Papir m.m.    51 fysiske enhed(er) vis/bestil    Rigsarkivet
Brugskopi, Mikrofilm 35 mm    20 fysiske enhed(er) vis/bestil    Rigsarkivet
Brugskopi, Mikrofiche    2 fysiske enhed(er) vis/bestil    Rigsarkivet

Reference:  
Københavnske Politi- og Domsmyndigheder I, 1975, s. 207

Fra    Til    Arkivskaber(e)
1869    1935    Københavns Politi, 3.

https://www.sa.dk/daisy/fysiske_enheder_detaljer?a=k%C3%B8benhavn&b=udvandrer&c=&d=1869&e=1900&f=&g=&h=&ngid=&ngnid=&heid=2844621&henid=2844621&epid=2844621&faid=11&meid=3375019&m2rid=6606235&side=1&sort=&dir=&gsc=&int=&ep=&es=&ed=

Oplysning om fysisk enhed:

Arkivinstitution:    Rigsarkivet
Arkivskaber(e):    Københavns Politi, 3. Politiinspektorat
Arkivserie:    Register over udvandrere. Indirekte  1869-1935
Eksemplar:    Original, Papir m.m.
Indhold fra:    1891
Indhold til:    1892
Indhold beskrives med:    Afgangsdato (Afgangsår, Afgangsmåned, Afgangsdag)
Nr:    18

Det valgte er i en fysisk enhed med etiketteksten:
Arkivnummer:    DG-001
Arkivskaber:    Københavns Politi, 3. Politiinspektorat
Arkivserie:    Register over udvandrere. Indirekte udvandrere
Indhold:    1891 - 1892
Løbenummer:    18
Stregkode:    8011854741
Magasinopstilling:    21+Mez5+1+071+09+04

Best regards,
Inger Toudal
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Kevin Salt

Hi Ingar,
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.  That is the microfilm I already ordered and it appears to be a handwritten index to the police emigration database alphabetized by name.  So, for each entry it has a name, destination, and a 4 digit number referring to some other reference that I am unable to locate.  It actually has less information than the online database, so I believe it is just an index and not the actual register. 

I have seen a similar index for the Assistens cemetary burials.  For each year and gender there is an index by name of all the burials with a 4 digit number.  Then there is a ledger for each year listing each burial sequentially by the 4 digit number with all the burial details.  I think the police emigration records is the same way, but I only have been able to find the index and not the actual ticket details themselves.

Has anyone actually seen these police emmigration records?  From what I have read, the online database is just a subset of the recorded information.