Sophie Nielsdatter

Startet af John Wrenholt, 01 Aug 2016 - 05:12

Forrige emne - Næste emne

John Wrenholt

I have traced the following family thru the next generation for all the children with the exception of Sophie.

Aalborg, Hindsted, Visborg, Uhrenholt, , 96, FT-1801, B8967
Name:    Age:    Marital status:    Position in household:    Occupation:    Birth place:
Niels Sørensen   45   Gift   Husbonde   Bonde og gårdbeboer   
Dorthe Sørensdatter   32   Gift   Hans kone      
Leene Nielsdatter   14   Ugift   Deres datter   Hjemme   
Maren Nielsdatter   12   Ugift   Deres datter   Hjemme   
Sophie Nielsdatter   11   Ugift   Deres datter   Hjemme   
Anne Marie Nielsdatter   5   Ugift   Deres datter   Hjemme   
Søren Nielsen   2   Ugift   Deres søn   Hjemme

Sophie's father died in 1810 and at the start of his probate, she is said to be unmarried and living at home.  Since the Visborg church records before 1813 were destroyed by fire, I lose track of her after 1810.  I just discovered that she is mentioned again in the probate in the final settlement.   However I can't read enough of it to see if it offers clues as to what may have become of her.

Can someone please take a look at this record and give me a synopsis of what it says about Sophie?

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-99W8-ML26?i=380&wc=M52J-2J2%3A333468001%2C334692401%2C334701201%3Fcc%3D2015318&cc=2015318

Ålborg Visborggård gods Skifteprotokoller 1772-1823 image 381

John Wrenholt

P.S.:  I'm looking at the top of the right hand page (numbered 385).

Grethe Leerbech

Are you sure this is the right probate record. because, there are more children and the name of the daughter is Anne Sophie
Its difficult to read, but He must have been married twice.

It says that there fatherly inheritage at 46 rigsdaler will stand in the "stervboe"- in the farm- until the children are 18 years- and the elderly married children and boys are settled seperately.
Then it is said that the Motherly inheritage at 80 rigsdaler is paid -or has been paid when they are 18 years, except Sophies and her smaller sisters (Sophie is 21 when her father dies), and will be paid when they are 18 years.

But I will ask for more help for the reading of the settlement

Greetings
Grethe   
Thyholm,Vang, Gislum,Hornum,Hindsted, Slet, Års i Aalborg a. Ginding,Ringkøbing a.Rinds, Fjends,Hindborg,Viborg a. Nybøl, Sottrup,Sønderbog a.sogne i Tyskland, Sunds,Svendborg a.Tuse,Års,Løve i Holbæ

John Wrenholt

Grethe 

Thank you for your efforts on reading the probate record.  I had hoped that it would mention something about (Ane) Sophie such as a parish of residence where I could search the church records for her. 

Niels Sørensen was born around 1756.  He married Dorthe Sørensdatter around 1784.  They had 9 children before Dorthe's death in 1807.  Niels remarried Dorthe Marie Christensdatter and 2 more children were born before Niels died in 1810.   Niels was the last of his bloodline to be a tenant farmer on Uhrenholtgaard.  His sons, however, eventually adapted the surname of Uhrenholt or Uhrenholdt.

In case someone else may find it useful, here is what I know about the children of Niels Sørensen:

Leene Nielsdatter

In 1811 Leene married a widower named Jens Sørensen Møller who was 33 years her elder.  They had 3 children together Brøndbjerg, the last born when Jens was 65 years old.  When Jens died, Leene remarried to Laurs Nielsen in 1819.  They had 7 children but only 3 who lived past age ten.  Leene died in 1838 and after her husband died in 1839, her younger brother Søren was able to acquire the farm land.

Maren Nielsdatter

Before her father's death in 1810, Maren had married Chresten Madsen of Glargaardene in Visborg sogn.  He was a widower who was 35 years her elder.  Although they were married for 9 years, they had only one daughter who was born shortly before Chresten's death in 1819.  Maren remarried to Peder Christensen Smed a few months later.  They had 2 daughters before Peder died in 1825.  Maren married again, this time to Jens Nielsen Mann. They had a son named Peder.  Maren died in 1853.

Ane Sophie Nielsdatter

I have been unable to find out what happened to Sophie.  It is mentioned in her father's estate settlement in 1810, that she is single and living at home. 

Ane Kirstine Nielsdatter

In 1810, she was in service at the Virring rectory.  In 1822 and still living in Virring, she married Niels Nielsen Juul, a cabinetmaker from Randers.  Kirstine died shortly after the birth of her first child in 1823.

Ane Marie Nielsdatter

In 1825, while working as a maid in Skelund, Ane Marie married Peder Pedersen Holt of Pærhagen in Visborg sogn.  They had 3 children.  In January of 1834, the eldest child died at age 7.  On April 1 of that year,  Ane Marie's half-sister Nicoline Dorthea Nielsdatter (who was in service at Pærhagen) died and the next day, Ane Marie died apparently of some type of infectious disease.

Søren Nielsen

In 1826 Søren (the elder) married Gjertrud Marie Jacobsdatter in Sebbers sogn.  He was a merchant in Hobro owning a clothing store.  They had 7 children before his death in 1844.

Karen Nielsdatter

In 1833 Karen was in service at Visborggaard.  She married a widower named Jens Pedersen of Als. They had 2 children: Niels Peder in 1833 and Dorthea in 1836.  Her husband died in 1843.  Karen married Lauge Christensen in 1845 and her brother Søren was one of the sponsors.  Apparently, Karen raised Søren's son Jens Peter (born 1844) as he is listed with her in the censuses of 1850, 1860 and 1870.

Søren Nielsen

Born Feb 10, 1805 in Visborg,  Søren (the younger) was named after his maternal grandfather.  After his mother died in 1807 and his father remarried, it appears that he was raised in Vraa by relatives of his stepmother.  In 1832, he married Marianne Sørensdatter and was then able to obtain the farm leasehold of his widowed mother-in-law.  Eleven children were born before his death in 1880 in Brøndbjerg in Rostrup sogn.

Jens Nielsen

Born in 1807, his is mentioned in his mother's estate settlement in 1808, but not in his father's in 1810.  He is believed to have died as an infant.

Christen Nielsen

In 1836, Christen married Lise Jensdatter of Als sogn.  They had 9 children of which at least 4 died in infancy.  Christen died in 1874 at Visborg Skovmark.

Nicoline Dorthea Nielsdatter

Died in 1834 while in service to Peder Pedersen Holt.