Where to find parents of Kriestine & Anna Jensdatter of Janderup, Ribe, Denmark

Startet af Claude Anders Hanson, 10 Sep 2016 - 04:54

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Claude Anders Hanson

I need help finding where and when Kiersten Jensdatter and Anna Jensdatter were baptised.  Both married in Janderup, Ribe County and raised their families there.  Kiersten married Niels Jensen Riber on 18 Feb 1774 and Anna married Bonni Nielsen on 18 Nov 1774.  Each carried the child of the others two times at their baptisms and have four or five common witnesses at these services.  Based on census records, Kiersten was born abt. 1750 and Anna abt. 1753.  I think they may be sisters.  There is a Anna Jensdatter born in Janderup parish to Jens Justesen and Anne Jensdatter in 1753; I can't find a birth for Kiersten in that parish, and neither of the girls have any Justesen's as witnesses of their children.  If anybody has any suggestions of where I should look, please let me know.  Thanks, Claude

Ralph Rasmussen

I haven't spotted the baptism, but Jens Christensen's daughter Kirsten of Hylløse was confirmed in 1763, opslag 395.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Inger Buchard

The local name Hylløse is correctly spelled Hyllerslev.
This is placed half way between Varde and Janderup - mayby you could find a birth in the church books of Varde?

Inger
Redaktør på DIS-Wiki

Claude Anders Hanson

Thanks Ralph and Inger.  The record of the confirmation was a godsend  (I hope)!  And, Inger, unfortunately there are no 1700's church records for the parish adjacent to Janderup that you suggested.  Unfortunately, I was excited that I was trying to read records of that parish for a long time before I noticed I was in the 1800's, not the 1700's.  Thanks again to both of you.  Claude