Help to find Distant Danish Relatives from Slagelse

Startet af Max Rasmussen, 01 Okt 2016 - 19:06

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Max Rasmussen

I would like to try and find and get in touch with the descendants of my Great Grandmother Karen Marie Ida Christiansen's (married name Rasmussen) two sisters.

My Great Grandmother and her husband Anton Marius Rasmussen, left Denmark for England in 1901 (later moving on to USA in 1929). The families kept in touch for many years, my father even visiting both families in Slagelse in 1928 on a trip with his grandfather Anton Marius. However after that time the families seem to have lost contact.

With the release of the FT 1940, I have been able to trace the families of both the sisters down to potential relatives who could be living today.

The 3 Christiansen sisters were:-

Christine Espeline: 2nd May 1864 - After 1946: b. Lille Valby, Slagelse d. Smedegade 25, Slagelse

Karen Marie Ida 27th April 1868 - 22 Dec 1937: b. Skt Peders Landsogn, Slagelse d. Framingdale, Long Island New York

Kamille Hansine : 4th Nov 1872 - 4th Nov 1930: b.Skt Peders, Slagelse d. Herrestræde 8, Slagelse

The families were:-

Petersen Family

Christine Espeline married Niels Edvard Petersen b.15 Oct 1860 Sorø, Alsted d. 1933 - 1940 Smedegade 25, Slagelse.

Children:
Kristine Elizabeth Petersen b. 13 Nov 1899 Slagelse

Viggo Edvard Petersen b. 8 Sept 1903 Slagelse d. 1985/86 Smedegade 25 (15C), Slagelse - married; Ingeborg Marie Emma Møllen b. 24 April 1907 Germany
Child-Jytte Elizabeth Petersen b. 28 Oct 1940

Niels Edvard Petersen had a daughter from an earlier marriage Eva Johanne Pedersen who married and moved to England having two sons Paul Bleany and Brebis Petersen Bleany

Poulsen Family

Kamille Hansine married Jens Poulsen b 23 Mar 1875 Søllinge, Svendborg d. 1940 - 47 Herrestræde 4, Slagelse

Children:
Mary Kirstine Poulsen b.18 Dec 1903 32 Bredegade, Slagelse

Povl Esben Poulsen b. 16 April 1908 32 Bredegade, Slagelse; married Kirstine Nikoline Kamilla Fredriksen
b. 6 July 1912 Ottestrup
Child - Jens Jorn Poulsen b. 29 March 1940 8 Herrestrade, Sankt Peders, Slagelse.

I would like to try to make contact with either Jytte Elizabeth Petersen or Jens Jorn Poulsen or any of their own families. I would like to see if there still exist any family photos of the Christiansen sisters and their families (even their parents Niels Christiansen & Maren Espensen). In return I would be able to send photographs of Karen Marie and her family 1890's - 1940.

Any help that could be given to make contact would be most appreciated.
Med venlig hilsen

Max Rasmussen - Norfolk, England

Karsten Damén

CitatPovl Esben Poulsen b. 16 April 1908 32 Bredegade, Slagelse; married Kirstine Nikoline Kamilla Fredriksen
b. 6 July 1912 Ottestrup
Child - Jens Jorn Poulsen b. 29 March 1940 8 Herrestrade, Sankt Peders, Slagelse

All dates in that part are wrong acc. to the birth record:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/billedviser?bsid=156387#156387,26208075

Karsten

Søren Juul Mikkelsen

Jytte is born April 28, 1940 (not October as you write):

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17118503#156341,26197738

Please note that she is adopted by Viggo and Ingeborg.

Venlig hilsen
Søren

Max Rasmussen

Citat fra: Søren Juul Mikkelsen [12754] Dato 05 Okt 2016 - 13:49
Jytte is born April 28, 1940 (not October as you write):

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17118503#156341,26197738

Please note that she is adopted by Viggo and Ingeborg.

Venlig hilsen
Søren

Hi Søren,

Yes I did know about the adoption, but had not mentioned it as I was not sure that Jytte Petersen might want this to be known - but of course it is in the Kirkboger.

I really must not try to write these important dates when I am tired. You are right I put October (the month of her baptism) instead of April.

Thank you for your interest.
Med venlig hilsen

Max Rasmussen

Citat fra: Karsten Damén [736] Dato 03 Okt 2016 - 22:11
CitatPovl Esben Poulsen b. 16 April 1908 32 Bredegade, Slagelse; married Kirstine Nikoline Kamilla Fredriksen
b. 6 July 1912 Ottestrup
Child - Jens Jorn Poulsen b. 29 March 1940 8 Herrestrade, Sankt Peders, Slagelse

All dates in that part are wrong acc. to the birth record:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/billedviser?bsid=156387#156387,26208075

Karsten

Hi Karsten,

Yes unfortunately I made a few mistakes - with the year of Jens Jorn's birth and the date of his mother Kirstine Nikoline Kamilla Fredriksen's birth it should be 8 July 1912. Although the Jen Jorn's birth record indicates April, I have used the date from FT 1940 (which I believe is completed by the head of the household) this states "8/7/1912", so it seems I am not the only one making some errors with the dates!

Max
Med venlig hilsen

Søren Juul Mikkelsen

Hi Max

If the persons were still alive in 1968 they are registered in the Central Person Register.

It is possible to request information about a person if you know the full name and date of birth.
If the person is still alive you can get their current address (if not classified).

Best regards
Søren

Max Rasmussen

Hej Søren,

I have not heard of the "Central Person Register". How would I access it - is there online access or would I need to make a written application ?

I would think that someone born circa 1940 is likely to still be alive in 1968, so this may give me the lead that I need. Thanks.

Mvh

Max
Med venlig hilsen

Søren Juul Mikkelsen

Hej Max,

I know that I can do it online using my so-called "NemID" , which all Danes have.
But I don't know if it is possible to do it otherwise.

I will check it out.

Mvh. Søren

Søren Juul Mikkelsen

Hej Max

I think it is easier if I use my login to request the information you are looking for.
Trying to contact the authorities to find out how to make this request a a foreigner could be difficult.

There is a small fee (75 kr) for each request, but I wont mind paying that up front, since I am a bit curious about how it works.

The question is if I should (first) ask for information about Jytte or Jens Jørn.

I have tried to search for Jens Jørn Poulsen in public telephone registers and in general on Google, but there does not seem to be a person with that name in Denmark, so either he is dead, has left the country and possibly changed his name, or ?

There are several Jytte Elisabeth's - the last name might have changed if she married - and women in average lives longer than men, there might be a greater chance to find her alive.

Should I make a request regarding Jytte's whereabouts?

Let me know what you think.

Best regards
Søren

Max Rasmussen

Hej Søren,

If you can not find a Jens Jørn Poulsen, then clearly that line of investigation has gone cold and cannot be pursued. In which case that leaves just Jytte Elisabeth. I will have a look in the Kirkebøger today/ tomorrow to try and see if I can find a marriage for her, to try to narrow the possibilities.

Certainly, Jytte is less good as a contact as she was adopted by the Petersens, so may not have felt a great connection with the family of her adoptive parents - but she is the only lead that we have.

Please therefore go ahead with requesting her location (I will try to confirm or otherwise if I am able to find a marriage by Sunday evening).

If you can send some contact details I will of course refund the fees that your search involves.

Thank you for your help

Mvh

Max
Med venlig hilsen

Søren Juul Mikkelsen

Hej Max

I will wait until Monday to see if you come up with some new findings.

Mvh.
Søren

Max Rasmussen

Hej Søren,

I have looked at the Kirkebøger but the marriage records for Sankt Peder and Sankt Mikkel only go to the end of 1960 - Jytte would be only 20 then. I did not find anything.

I did also look at a trade register and directory for 1968 (Slagelse Vejviser) where I found the following entry that might be the Jytte Petersen we are looking for:

"Petersen Jytte Guldb ekspeditrice - Kalundborgvej 2"

I am not sure that this helps at all ?

Mvh

Max
Med venlig hilsen

Søren Juul Mikkelsen

Hej Max

I can't see this person in the 1968 Slagelse Vejviser.
Anyway she seems to be called Jytte Guldborg Petersen, so it is not the right person.

Thanks for making me aware of the Vejviser:
http://www.slaegtsoglokalhistorie.dk/bibliotek/vejvisere/SlagelseVejviser1968.pdf

One thing I can see, is that her adoptive parents still live at the same address as in 1940, namely Smedegade 25.

I can see that they own both Smedegade 25 and 27, and her parents live in number 25B.

The building is still standing today and contains a number of apartments.
A couple of them are for sale, if you are interested   ;)

http://www.boligsiden.dk/salgspris/tilsalg/alle/1?vej=smedegade&by=slagelse&sort=liggetid

I will check some other records, and then make the CPR sddress request as promised.

Best regards
Soren

Max Rasmussen

Hej Søren,

The personal directory on the Vejviser is in two lists, one for each of Sankt Peder and Sankt Mikkel; it confused me at first.

I had found the Petersens, but had not appreciated that they then (in 1968) owned both buildings at Smedegade 25 & 27. Yes and perhaps one of the sellers today (of the apartments) is a relative !?

Thanks

Mvh

Max
Med venlig hilsen

Søren Juul Mikkelsen

Hej Max

I send you an email with info about Jytte.

Best regards
Søren