Having a problem finding 3rd great grandmother’s birth record

Startet af Paul Olesen, 11 Okt 2016 - 22:01

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Olesen

I am having trouble finding my 3rd great grandmother's birth/baptism record. Her name was Ane Katrine Jensdatter. The 1801 census for Vejle, Bjerra, As, Assens Sogn lists her mother as Karen Laursdatter and her step father as Jørgen Sørensen. It also lists her age as 12. The 1787 census for Vejle, Bjerra, As Sogn lists Karen Laursdatter and her husband as Jens Jensen. I assume that Jens Jensen was probably Ane Katrine's father. A number of other children are listed as well as a child born out of wedlock. I have looked for Ane Katrine's baptism in the records for As Sogn and have not been able to find any. I also looked for the records for the other children but have not been able to find any for them either. Am I looking in the wrong place? Some advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Paul

Inge Hedal

Anne Katrine, As sogn, 1790 – Dom 1 Adv. Her father is Jens Jensen in Vesterbye:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=159777#159777,26863851
The 1787 census:
Vejle, Bjerre, As, Ringstholm, , 4, FT-1787, A3583
Navn:    Alder:    Civilstand:    Stilling i husstanden:    Erhverv:    Fødested:
Jens Jensen   40   Gift   Mand   Bonde og Huusmand   
Karen Laursdatter   32   Gift   Kone      
Jens Jensen   10   -   Deres Børn      
Søren Jensen   6   -   Deres Børn      
Laurs Jensen   4   -   Deres Børn      
Jens Jensen   2   -   Deres Børn      
Ankirstine Nielsdatter   23   Ugift   Indsidder      
Ankatrine Sørensdatter   4   -   hendes uægte Barn      

Ankirstine Nielsdatter and her daughter Ankatrine Sørensdatter are lodgers (Indsidder), not necessarily part of the family.
Regards, Inge

Paul Olesen

Thank you. Is this a different sogn? I did not know that there were two parishes.  If I had been able to read Danish a little better I might have been able to figure that out. Thank you again for your help. It is greatly appreciated. :)
Paul

Inge Hedal

Hi Paul
Please, look at the bottom of this page in the church record:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=159777#159777,26863806

The text says:
Klakring Sogns Tilførsler for samme Tidsrum
er indførte fra modsat Ende af Bogen.

It means that Assens and Klakring parishes were united and shared the record. The church ceremonies of Klakring parish are entered after those of Assens.

This is where Klakring begins:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=159777#159777,26863842

Mvh. Inge

Paul Olesen

Hi Inge,

Thanks for the information. Help from people like you is priceless. Without it I would be completely lost.

Thank You!
Paul

Ralph Rasmussen

The Jens Jensen in the 1787 census should according to the method of that and 1801 have been born in 1748, not 1747.  But as a scant year younger, this is probably his baptism:  Klakring/As 1687-177, opslag 296, March 26, 1749 - right column:  Jens Christensen ved Øxxxx døbt nomine Jens.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Paul Olesen