Bernhoft family who came to Norway - where did they come from ?

Startet af Jan Erik Slind, 15 Okt 2016 - 15:54

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Jan Erik Slind

Hi, I have many of this family in my tree. They were mainly priests. One of the first that came in the first half of the 16th century was Marcus Bernhoft. It is said that king Christian III sent him to Trondheim where he became colonel in the army and later lensherre. I have many ideas about them but I want to start with the first question. If he was sent or ordered by the danish king to Norway and it has been claimed he was a german nobelman, is it fair to think he must have been from Holsten ? or both Slesvig and Holstein ? or any other area ?

Jørn Busk Yde

I see that you have not got any answer. I can give information obout Bernhoft family that you without doubt can use. I prefer to write in danish and I hope you kan understand my letter.
På internettet (google) kan du finde den danske diplomat H.A Bernhoft (1869-1958) omtalt i Den Store Danske med en artikel fra Dansk Biografisk Leksikon (udkom 1979-86), hvor der nederst i artiklen under Bibliografi bl.a. henvises til stamtavle over slægten Bernhoft.

Venlig hilsen

Jørn Busk Yde