Need help with 1789 Military Levy Roll

Startet af Karen Baggs, 05 Dec 2016 - 06:18

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Karen Baggs

Peder Olsen is found in the 1789  Military Levy Rolls of Em, Hjørring.  He is also in the 1801 census with wife and family or at least I think it is him.  The age does not quite match.  I can't find any other Peder Olsens in either the Military Roll or the 1801 census.  Please can you transcribe/translate and help me understand what is being said.

Thanks for any help you can give.

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Ole Westermann

Karen,

25 Peder Olesen , son of Ole Lorensen, born in ?undelef, age 22, height 63½ inches, now in Emb
LS (Landsoldat, soldier serving on the countryside) in 3JR (3rd Jyske Regiment) 89
---------------------
1793 he is here http://ao.salldata.dk/vis1.php?bsid=18209&side=102
25 - 14 Peder (father Ole Lorentzen), born in Hundelef, age 23, height 63½", in Emb - same remarks
(Hundelev in Jelstrup parish, Vennebjerg herred, Hjørring amt)
--------------------
1795 at http://ao.salldata.dk/vis1.php?bsid=18284&side=318
14 - 11 Peder  still Landsoldat in 3JR from 1789 - now in 7.dep.nr 74
   Left: AP 97 (Amtspas (passport to leave the county (amt)) 1797

Is he the man you are looking for?

Ole

Karen Baggs

Ole
Thank you for your help.  I really appreciate your help with what the Levy rolls are saying.  It is somewhat difficult to understand.
I thought this Peder was the one I was looking for, but I have been told the age between the Military Rolls and the 1801 census are years apart and may not be the right Peder.  the 1801 census is mine.  He is age 37 and living with his family.  His 4 sons born 1792 -1798 are all born in Emb and on the Levy Rolls.  Does Passport to leave the county mean Peder left the county or was taken off of the military rolls.  My Peder, age 37 in 1801 should have been 25 in the 1789 Military Roll, but Peder of Hundelev, Jelstrup was age 22.  Question is are they the same person?  I don't know yet.
Is there a reason my Peder would not have been in the Military Roll?

Thanks again for your help
Karen