Help with and guidance on Lægdsruller

Startet af Lynn Christiansen, 23 Feb 2017 - 23:14

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lynn Christiansen

I am trying to learn how to use the Lægdsuller registers.

I have these situations that I am trying to learn what they mean:

I have followed my 2nd great Grandfather- Christian Sørensen through the Lægdsuller registers in Thisted. He was born 5 Mar 1806 in Tved, Hillerslev, Thisted Lædg No 21.

I do not find an 1807 Thisted Tilgangsrulle and when I look at the Thisted 1808 Tilgangsulle I do not locate him. I find him first in the Thisted 1809 Hovedrulle image 83 Number 66 at the age of 3

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/billedviser?epid=16481031#18117,1001556

Number 86-66.

I then find him in the 1812, 1815, 1818, 1821, 1824, 1827, 1830, 1833 Lægdsrulle. He was married in 1834 but the following Tilgangsruller do not reflex this change but I believe the 1836 register Image #141 does

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/billedviser?epid=16481031#18651,1153270

Number 16-13. I believe the Bedtegninger (?) column makes reference to "Hustrue" but I can not be sure myself because of the curvature of the page.

The 1839 register Image 142 Number 13-10, lists him, then has him crossed out with a couple of comments under his information and in the Bedtegninger column.

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/billedviser?epid=16481031#18652,1153970

Could someone look at the 1836 comment and the 1839 additional comments and tell me what they mean?

Where do I look for the 10 number provided by the 1839 register?

Is the birth of a male child entered in the Tilgangsrulle after he is born or only when a full Hovedrulle is registered? If it is only when a Hovedrulle is issued, what does the 86 in the 1809 register refer to?

Thank you for any help you might be able to provide me.
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Grethe Leerbech

Hey Lynn

They are difficult also for danish people

But, for the first it is "Vedtegninger" and means marginal notes.

And in 141 it stand: tjenlig Kudsk : serviceable or fit for service as driver (i beleive as horsedriver)

I'll try to look in the others too

Greetings
Grethe
Thyholm,Vang, Gislum,Hornum,Hindsted, Slet, Års i Aalborg a. Ginding,Ringkøbing a.Rinds, Fjends,Hindborg,Viborg a. Nybøl, Sottrup,Sønderbog a.sogne i Tyskland, Sunds,Svendborg a.Tuse,Års,Løve i Holbæ

Grethe Leerbech

Hey again Lynn

The name of the books means: Udskrivning : Conscription /levying books

When he is crossed out  it normaly means that he has served his time and is leaving, but then they would write "afsked"
and I cannot read the word over 1842 - but I am sure they write Omsk. 1842 -Omskrevet - normally transported to a new book So I am unsure that he left in 1842 . Hope anyone else can read the single word over 1842
Also in the vedtegninger - marginal notes - it says, that his last service was :
Tjenlig Kystmilit.  =serviceable or do service by coastmilitary

Greetings
Grethe

Thyholm,Vang, Gislum,Hornum,Hindsted, Slet, Års i Aalborg a. Ginding,Ringkøbing a.Rinds, Fjends,Hindborg,Viborg a. Nybøl, Sottrup,Sønderbog a.sogne i Tyskland, Sunds,Svendborg a.Tuse,Års,Løve i Holbæ

Ole Westermann

In 1836 and 1839 the marginal notes (vedtegninger) say
tjenlig Kystmilice - suitable for the coast militia
  and in 1839 also to the left:
Fripas  Sess.1842    (Free pass at the session in 1842)

So he is cut out of the roll. His name and numbers striken out.
And then you can't find him later.

The coast militia was mostly a kind of reserve near the coasts used during periods of war, and many were volonteers. It was unarmed, and the members should guard the batteries along the coast, make observations
and eventually prevent plunderings.

Ole

Lynn Christiansen

Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg