what are kopibøger?

Startet af Lisa Petersen, 25 Feb 2017 - 15:10

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lisa Petersen

There are kopibøger for some amter on AO, like these for Præstø Amt

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17186257#217111,41007745

What are they?  Are they useful?  How are they organized (so many letters for each year)?  Is there an index?

På forhand tak.

Lisa Petersen
near Washington, D.C.

Trine Nielsen

Its basically a copy of the main church book, no indexes though they would generally have the same layout as the main book, like births - confirmation - weddings and then deaths. Sometimes they are useful if the other book is damaged, not scanned well, the priest had an awful hand writing and so on.

Peter Kristiansen

Kopibog has nothing do with the parish registers.

In every administration you have a "Journal" - a list of in-going matters
and a Kopibog - a list of copies of out-going matters.

So in the Journal you'll find the letter from the concerned citizen and in the Kopi-bog, you'll find at copy of the councils letter to the citizen. Of course the citizen got the original letter, but the council kept a copy of the content - it was before xerox-machines were born....

How they matters are listed differs from institution to institution.
M.v.h. Peter Kristiansen

Lisa Petersen

Thank you for the reply Peter.  That helps a little.

What do the column headings mean?  "Indkommen" must be the incoming matter.  Does "Det øvrige Indkomme" mean the other places that were told about the matter?  And what is the third column "Expedieret"?

I have searched all the Journalregister for Præstø Amt for the years my ancestors lived there, and found numerous entries in the Journal.  If they mentioned Kopibøger letters and numbers, I looked for those.  Is there anything more I can do? 

And what can I do about the years when there is no Journalregister?  Do the Kopibøger contain only 1 type of case?

Thank you.

Lisa Petersen
near Washington, D.C.

Peter Kristiansen

The columns

Indkommen: incoming matter
Det øvrige indkomne - other incoming matters - which gives no sense - can you show an example
Expederet: when an answer has been made and sent to the citizen.

I have searched all the Journalregister for Præstø Amt for the years my ancestors lived there, and found numerous entries in the Journal.  If they mentioned Kopibøger letters and numbers, I looked for those.  Is there anything more I can do?  
The journal and the kopi-bøger are only lists and registers - then you can look for the correspondance in each case - but then you have to find out how they archived stuff.

And what can I do about the years when there is no Journalregister?  Do the Kopibøger contain only 1 type of case?
??

The journal sager are here:
https://www.sa.dk/daisy/fysiske_enheder_liste?a=&b=&c=pr%C3%A6st%C3%B8+amt&d=1800&e=1850&f=&g=&h=&ngid=3948&ngnid=3960&heid=4165&henid=4167&epid=4172&faid=11&meid=&m2rid=&side=1&sort=&dir=&gsc=&int=&ep=&es=&ed=

but not online.

County-archives can be quite difficult to navigate in... so I'm afraid you need to make the questions more specific if I shall try to assiat you.
M.v.h. Peter Kristiansen

Lisa Petersen

Thank you for the reply, Peter.  I am happy to hear that there are Journalsager, even if they are at the RA.

I am now looking at all the pages in the Journaler from 1811 to 1823 (they don't have indexes).  I may understand everything better when I am done with that.   ;)

When I have looked at all the years my ancestors lived in Præstø Amt, I will see how many are interesting enough to get the Journalsager.  If it's too many, I should go to the RA myself!

Thanks again,

Lisa Petersen
near Washington, D.C.