Cause of Death

Startet af Trisha Weathers, 14 Okt 2015 - 04:47

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Trisha Weathers

Is any one able to read or understand the cause of death listed here?   ???

I will have two others later that I will need help with.  I am having a hard time compressing them to be able to attach.

Thanks
Trisha

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Ole Westermann

Hi Trisha

For Ane Kirstine:
Fl. puerperalis  Embolis art. pulm (Latin)
I would suggest this 'translation': thrombosis/embolism in the lungs after childbirth.

For Jens Peter Hans Frederiksen:
Formentlig Brud paa Hjerneskallen
Probably fracture of the skull.

Ole

Ole Westermann

... in the lungs after childbirth.
More correctly: ... in the lung artery ...

Ole

Trisha Weathers

Interesting ... My great grandmother is the daughter of Ane and Jens.  She said that her parents died in a car accident.

After I found their date of deaths I were 5 months apart, I didn't think that was true.  Given that Jens past from a fractured scull, maybe he was involved in a car accident.

Were there obituaries written for when someone died?  If so, are these accessible somewhere?

Trisha Weathers

After the death of her parents, my great grandmother went to live with her aunt and uncle.  Here Aunt and Uncle also ended up passing away the same year about 6 months apart.

Here is the death record for Augusta b. 9 Apr 1860 d. 28 Jul 1909

Can you please help read her cause of death.

Trisha Weathers

Here is her uncle Christian Berthelsen – b. 16 Feb 1858 d. 19 Jun 1909

I apologize for the separate posts.  I could not make the file small enough to post them all at the same time.

Ole Westermann

Augusta:
Phtisis tubercul(osis) pulm(onis), = pulmonary tuberculosis

Christian:
Coma (not a disease, but a symptom). Morb(us) cerebri acut(a) = acute brain disease
(probably caused by a cerebral haemorrhage or thrombosis)

Obituaries usually are in the newspapers. I don't know if they are online yet, and which newspapers.
And the scull fracture could very well be from a car accident.

Ole

Trisha Weathers

Awesome! Thank you very much Ole.   ;D

Jakob Ramlau

Re Ane Kirstine: I think that the first words might be Fb. puerperalis, that is febris of the puerperium. An infection of the uterus after birth. Serious in itself, and the closeness of the infected uterus to the great veins(vv. iliacae) in the pelvis predisposes to thrombus formation. These thrombi might migrate to the right side of the heart and from there to the pulmonary artery
And the risk of thrombi is definitely generally increased after birth. 

Trisha Weathers

Makes sense Jakob.  I've gotten other stories that my great grandmother said her mom died in childbirth.  Puzzle pieces are starting to come together.

Trisha Weathers

Per these records Jens and Ane were buried in Assistens Cemetery and Augusta and Christian were buried in Hvidovre Cemetery.

I cannot find a website or information on Hvidovre Cemetery, and when I visit the Assistens Cemetery website, I can't find anywhere where I can contact someone for a map of the cemetery.

Would anyone be able to assist in providing contact information, or a map to the cemetery showing where they are buried?

Trisha Weathers

The cause of Death for Ane Kirstine was possibly in childbirth

Ane cause of death mentioned in this forum as well other details here:
https://www.slaegtogdata.dk/forum/index.php/topic,26246.0.html

Would there be any record if she was in labor, or had pregnancy complications. Also would there be record of the baby?

Trisha Weathers

Oh wow!

This is a sibling we didn't even know about.  So it seems then that Ana didn't die in childbirth, but most likely effects of childbirth that couldn't be treated at the time, or were not caught in enough time.

Thanks Inger.  I will be checking out those sites you shared.  What is the second link on your first post?
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17116786#204762,38848615

Inger Toudal

The link was meant to show that the church records 1892-1903 for Københavns Kommunehospital are not online.
Close the first church book 1863 D - 1878 D, and you get a list of the church books available at Arkivalieronline.

Children aged 0-12 years are only listed in the burial protocols, not in the indexes (Registre) for the burial protocols at
http://www.kbharkiv.dk/sog-i-arkivet/kilder-pa-nettet/begravelser-i-hele-kobenhavn-fra-1861-og-frem

Best regards,
Inger
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Trisha Weathers

So did Karla pass away as an infant, or do we not know this yet from the information found. I was trying to make out her birth record, but I haven't mastered Danish cursive yet.

Inger Toudal

What we know about Karla is that she was born 29 Jan. 1899 at Farvergade 15, Copenhagen, and baptized 15 Mar. 1899 at Kommunehospitalet.

The witnesses at her baptism were nurse Miss Henriette Franciska Kragh, and widow Caroline Helene Cathrine née Juel, living at Kommunehospitalet.

The remarks are about Karla's parents' marriage 1891, and comparing the church books (Hovedministerialbog and Kontraministerialbog) Feb. 1899.

There's a reference to Estrid Damm's birth 29 Jan. 1899 (opslag 236), which has nothing to do with Karla.

Maybe the records from Kommunehospitalet would reveal more. 

Best regards,
Inger
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Trisha Weathers

Ok, great, that is a big help.

I will take a look at the records from Kommunehospitalet and see if I can find any more.

Thank you very very very much for all of your help, Inger!