Trouble reading possible birth location clue in death record

Startet af Susan Russell, 14 Jun 2017 - 20:23

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Susan Russell

Hello,
I'm researching my 4th g-grandmother, Maren Nielsdatter who died in Saltum, Hvetbo, Hjørring 26 Apr 1815: https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17126060#168476,28289624
This is page 158 in the church book and she is #15.

I can read everything except the "Stand" column, which I'm hoping has a clue to whether she was born in Saltum or elsewhere.

Here is what I have on her if this helps:

Married to Anders Nielsen (abt 1737 - 1811 Saltum) in Saltum 7 Nov. 1786 (http://ao.sa.dk/ao/data.ashx?bid=28289285)

Daughter Zidsel Andersdatter christened in Saltum 17 Sep 1794 (http://ao.sa.dk/ao/data.ashx?bid=28289355)

Saltum census 1801. Bonken. Anders Nielsen, 64, Gift, Mand, Huus uden Jord. Maren Nielsdatter, 50, Gift, Konne. Zisel Andersdatter, 6, Ugift, Datter

I could not find Anders Nielsen and Maren Nielsdatter in the 1787 census. There is a possible match of a Maren Nielsdatter age 36, Gift, but not living with her husband in Brovst, Øster Han, Hjørring. She has two children, one illegitimate and one from a first marriage. My Maren did marry Anders Nielsen fairly late, age 35, so this could be her. Though I'm also not sure if her correct birth year is abt 1751 as suggested by 1801 census or 1746 as suggested by death record.

Thank you so much for any help you can offer.
Areas of Interest:
København
Roskilde > Ramsø
Præsto > Strøby and Herfølge
Ålborg > Års > Flejsborg
Ålborg > Slet > Bjørnsholm, Kornum, Løgsted, Løgstor, Næsborg, Oudrup, Vindblæs

Christian Konstmann Autzen

Opslag 158 no. 15:

Maren Nielsdatter, in Østrup (in Saltum parish), was "of the farmer" - = stand" = gårdmand.

Greetings
Christian

Min slægt: Autzen, Konstmann, Nansen, Hegelund, Sønberg, Matzen, Schmidt, Kruse, Wolf. Min hustru's slægt: Mærsk, Fogh, Møller, Hark, Lund, Aaskou, Blom, Dethlefsen, Beyer, Troels Winther.

Christian Konstmann Autzen

Citat fra: Christian Konstmann Autzen [733] Dato 14 Jun 2017 - 21:43
Opslag 158 no. 15:

Maren Nielsdatter, in Østrup (in Saltum parish), was "of the farmer" - = stand" = gårdmand.

Greetings
Christian

Saltum census 1801. Bonken. Anders Nielsen, 64, Gift, Mand, Huus uden Jord. Maren Nielsdatter, 50, Gift, Konne. Zisel Andersdatter, 6, Ugift, Datter

Huus uden Jord = house with out land - = no farmer

Your Maren Nielsdatter is obvious not the right person (?) - or their farm is taken over, and they are in a sort of pension.

But, but ...

Hilsen
Christian
Min slægt: Autzen, Konstmann, Nansen, Hegelund, Sønberg, Matzen, Schmidt, Kruse, Wolf. Min hustru's slægt: Mærsk, Fogh, Møller, Hark, Lund, Aaskou, Blom, Dethlefsen, Beyer, Troels Winther.

Susan Russell

Christian,
Thanks so much for your assistance. Well, I guess I have more looking to do. It is seeming likely this is the wrong Maren Nielsdatter, as the birth dates suggested by the census and the death record are also different.
Areas of Interest:
København
Roskilde > Ramsø
Præsto > Strøby and Herfølge
Ålborg > Års > Flejsborg
Ålborg > Slet > Bjørnsholm, Kornum, Løgsted, Løgstor, Næsborg, Oudrup, Vindblæs