Eleonore von Gall (1806-1878) and Detlev von Linstow (1746-?)

Startet af Lison Harris, 10 Jul 2017 - 13:32

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lison Harris

Hello - I am looking for advice about where to find information about my third great-grandmother, Eleonore Marie Henriette Gerhardine Adamine von Gall (1806-1878). She was raised with Princess Vilhelmine (1808-1891), the youngest daughter of King Frederick VI of Denmark. Her mother Eleonore von Linstow died in 1806, presumably in child birth, and the baby Eleonore was taken to live with her aunt Gerhardine (1782-1860) was the Hofdam of the Princess. Her father Friedrich was sometime officer in the Danish court.

An archivist at the Rigsarkivet kindly sent a list of some archives which might contain references to Eleonore or her aunt, but they are difficult to access from here in New Zealand! Does anyone have any advice about where else to look? Gerhardine lived in the Stift in Vallo - did they keep any records?

I would also like to find out more about Detlev Rudoph Heinrich von Linstow, Eleonore von Linstow's father. I can find no reference to him except for a book of letters between him and his wife, Charlotte von Witzleben.  He was the youngest of 14 children so perhaps the record keeping became too hard...

with thanks
Lison Harris

Christian Konstmann Autzen

Min slægt: Autzen, Konstmann, Nansen, Hegelund, Sønberg, Matzen, Schmidt, Kruse, Wolf. Min hustru's slægt: Mærsk, Fogh, Møller, Hark, Lund, Aaskou, Blom, Dethlefsen, Beyer, Troels Winther.