trying to find Louis Davidson (1844)/Christine Gregerson (1837) to US abt 1870

Startet af Ann Thorsen, 01 Aug 2017 - 23:23

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Ann Thorsen

Birthdates of Louis Davidson Dec. 7 1844 Denmark and Christine Gregersen June 1837 Denmark taken from grave markers.  Gave birth to a female named Ida Bell Davidson on January 20, 1968 in Denmark also from grave marker.

What I am looking for is any information prior to their arrival in the US, which is about 1868-70.  I have their death records and most of the pertinent info from their arrival.  They settled in Wisconsin, USA.   Every record shows only "Denmark". The following is family lore:

Christine was from a wealthy family and was dis-inherited when she eloped with Louis Davidson.  Her father owned a lot of land.  It was said that Christine's maternal grandmother was a lady of the Kings Court.  Christine was disowned when she married Louis.  Louis stated in one record that they were married in 1866.  The brother of Christine (Thor) was a sea captain and owned a ship.  He died at sea and left Christine a large inheritance.  This was after they left for America which would be 1868-1870.  Inheritance appears to have been received in the 1871-1875 period.

Louie's family had owned a lot of land but lost it due to some tragedy and as such was not worthy of Christine's hand in marriage.   It was said that Louis would not talk about his family or any past, hence no records show anything other than Denmark. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Looking for birth records of Louis, Christina and Ida Belle, where they were born in Denmark and parents names.  I have looked thru the Danish census but can find nothing definitive since I have no idea of his parents names.

Ann Thorsen

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Hi Ann

Would you please confirm, this is the family of who. you are searching for the danish background?

Census 1880, Westport, Dane, Wisconsin:
9. Davidson Loui M 36 Head Married Farmer, Denmark 
10. Davidson Christina F 42 Wife Married, Denmark

11. Davidson Ida F 10 Daughter Single, Denmark
12. Davidson Peter M 8 Son Single, Denmark
13. Davidson Samuel M 6 Son Single, Wisconsin
14. Davidson Tilda F 4 Daughter Single, Wisconsin
15. Davidson Anne F 1 Daughter Single, Wisconsin

According to this census, they must have left Danmark in the years 1872-1874.

But according to the 1870 census, Louis Davidsen might have been in Wisconsin before these year time:
30. Anderson Ole D 54 M Denmark Overhoved (underforstået)
31. Anderson Johanna 52 F Denmark Kone (underforstået)
32. Anderson Anna 15 F Illinois Datter (underforstået)
33. Anderson Andrew 12 M Wisconsin Søn (underforstået)
34. Anderson Nels 10 M Wisconsin Søn (underforstået)
35. Anderson Hans 6 M Wisconsin Søn (underforstået)
36. Davison Louis 26 M Denmark

Do you have any more information on their immigration (travelling together etc)?

Regards
Ellen

Ann Thorsen

Yes this is the family however later research shows that Peter was born in Wisconsin, not Denmark.  I have searched all the passengers lists from 1868 to 1872.  I just found the naturalization record for Ida and it shows born in Denmark in 1868 and came to America via New York in July, 1871.  I can find no passenger records for her.  Since her brother was born in Wisconsin in June, 1871 it does not seem likely to me that she would have arrived in 1871.
Ann Thorsen

Inger Toudal

I think I found them. First censuses:

Tønder, Tønder, Højer og Lø, Brede (Kongerigsk), Brede By, Borg Skoledistrikt, En Gård, 4, FT-1860, D7673
Name:     Age:     Marital status:     Position in household:     Occupation:     Birth place:
Hans Jensen Feddersen     46     Gift      Gårdmand og Husfader            Daler Sogn, Tønder Amt  
Christine f. Endrup     38     Gift      Hans Kone            Brede Sogn, Ribe Amt  
Niels Endrup Petersen     20     Ugift      Deres Barn            Brede Sogn, Ribe Amt  
Cathrine Feddersen     15     Ugift      Deres Barn            Brede Sogn, Ribe Amt  
Esther Marie Feddersen     13     Ugift      Deres Barn            Brede Sogn, Ribe Amt  
Jens Feddersen     3     Ugift      Deres Barn            Brede Sogn, Ribe Amt  
Carl Feddersen     1     Ugift      Deres Barn            Brede Sogn, Ribe Amt  
Jens Sørensen Bendsen     42     Gift      Tjenestekarl            Daler Sogn, Tønder Amt  
Kirstine Gregersen     21     Ugift      Tjenestepige [servant girl]           Ho Sogn, Ribe Amt

Ribe, Vester Horne, Ho, Vesterballe, En Gaard, 44 F1, FT-1860, D5822
Name:     Age:     Marital status:     Position in household:     Occupation:     Birth place:
Gregers Poulsen     49     Gift      Gaardmand. Huusfader. Sognefoged            Her i Sognet  
Ane Kjerstine Christensen     42     Gift      hans Kone            Aal Ribe Amt  
Helvig Cathrine Gregersen     13     Ugift      deres Børn            Her i Sognet  
Poul Gregersen     11     Ugift      deres Børn            Her i Sognet  
Christian Gregersen     7     Ugift      deres Børn            Her i Sognet  
Ane Gregersen     4     Ugift      deres Børn            Her i Sognet  
Morten Gregersen     2     Ugift      deres Børn            Her i Sognet  
Søren Jepsen Gregersen     18     Ugift      Huusfaderens Søn. Søfarende [mariner]            Her i Sognet

Ribe, Vester Horne, Ho, Vesterballe By, en Gaard, 28 F1, FT-1845, B4553
Gregers Poulsen     34     Gift            Gaardmand      Her i Sognet  
Ane Kirstine Christensen     26     Gift            hans Kone      Hemmet, Ringkjøb:  
Marie Gregersdatter     5     Ugift            Mandens barn af 1.st ægteskab      Her i Sognet  
Kirstine Gregersdatter     6     Ugift            Mandens barn af 1.st ægteskab      Her i Sognet  
Søren Jepsen Gregersen     3     Ugift            Mandens barn af 1.st ægteskab      Her i Sognet  
Sidsel Christensdatter     21     Ugift            Tjenestepige      Oxbye Ribe Amt  

Ribe, Vester Horne, Ho, Vesterballe, 10, Et Huus, 46, FT-1840, C7075
Name:     Age:     Marital status:     Position in household:     Occupation:     
Gregers Poulsen     29     Gift            Gaardmand og Matros [farmer and sailor]       
Helvig Sørensdatter     29     Gift            Hans Kone        
Kristine Gregersen     2     Ugift            Deres Barn  

Kristen Vestersen     21     Ugift            Tjenestekarl        
Søren Jepsen     57     Gift            Sognefoged, Inderste og Aftægtsmand        
Mette Kirstine Mortensdatter     59     Gift            Hans Kone        
Morten Sørensen     23     Ugift            Deres Søn, Matros  

Ribe, Vester Horne, Ho, Vesterballe, , 2. En Gaard, FT-1834, C2879
Søren Jepsen     51     Gift            Gaardmand og Sognefoged        
Mette Kirstine Mortensdatter     53     Gift            Hans kone

Sidzel Kirstine Sørensdatter     28     Ugift            Deres datter og tjenestepige        
Jeppe Sørensen     25     Ugift            Deres søn, matros        
Helvig Sørensdatter     23     Ugift            Deres datter, Væverske       
Morten Sørensen     17     Ugift            Deres søn og Tjenestekarl  

Ribe, Vester Horne, Ho, Vesterbredmose, , 1. En Gaard, FT-1834, C2879
Bertel Friis Povelsen     29     Gift            Gaardmand        
Johanne Cathrine Nielsdatter     24     Gift            Hans kone        
Jens Cornelius Simonsen     16     Ugift            Tjenestefolk        
Karen Povelsdatter     37     Ugift            Tjenestefolk        
Kirsten Larsdatter     69     Enke            Aftægtsnyder        
Gregers Povelsen     23     Ugift            Hendes søn, matros

Ribe, Ribe, Vester Vedsted (Kongerigsk) Vester Vedsted, 17. Et Huus, 17, FT-1860, D5178
Hans Peder Lausen     39     Gift      Rörmager            Her i Sognet  
Bothille Jensen     40     Gift      Hans Kone            Hvidding, Haderslev Amt  
Laust Davidsen Hansen     14     Ugift      deres Børn            Her i Sognet

Mette Kirstine Hansen     12     Ugift      deres Børn            Her i Sognet  

Ribe, Ribe, Vester Vedsted (Kongerigsk), Vester Vedsted, Et huus, 24, FT-1855, D8898
Hans Peder Lauritsen     35     Gift      Dagleier [day labourer]. huusfader            Her i Sognet, Ribe Amt  
Botille Jensen     35     Gift      Hans kone            Hvidding Sogn, Haderslev Amt  
Laust Davidsen Hansen     10     Ugift      Deres born            Her i Sognet, Ribe Amt

Mette Kirstine Hansen     7     Ugift      Deres born            Her i Sognet, Ribe Amt  
Anne Dorthea Hansen     1     Ugift      Deres born            Her i Sognet, Ribe Amt

Ribe, Ribe, Vester Vedsted (Kongerigsk), Vester Vedsted Bye, et Huus, 30, FT-1834, C7091
Laust Andersen Sandholck     43     Gift            Dagleier        
Anne Michels     45     Gift            hans Kone

Dorthea Laustdatter     15     Ugift            deres Børn        
Hans Peter Laustsen     13     Ugift            deres Børn

Bachelor Laust Davidsen Hansen in Brede parish, 22 y, and maid Kirstine Gregersen in Vesterballe, 29 y, were married in Ho church 29 Dec. 1867:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17123832#164132,27561631 - No 3
- witnesses/best men were Gregers Poulsen in Vesterballe, and Gregers Hansen in Nørballe.

Their daughter Hedevig Hansen was born 20 Jan. 1868 and baptized 9 Feb. 1868 in Ho church:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17123832#164132,27561581 - No 1
- parents farmhand Laust Davidsen Hansen in Brede parish, and wife Kirstine Gregersen, 29 y, in Vesterballe.
- godmother Helvig Cathrine Gregersen, witnesses Gregers Poulsen, Poul Gregersen in Vesterballe, and Sidsel Kirstine Abelone Gregersen in Nørballe.

Laust Davidsen Hansen was born 7 Nov. 1845, and baptized 30 Nov. 1845 in Vester Vedsted church:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17127932#171986,28874345 - No 6

Kirstine Gregersen was born 23 Sep. 1838, baptized at home 24 Sep., and presented in Ho church 21 Oct. 1838:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17123832#164132,27561558 - No 3

Her confirmation 6 Mar. 1853 in Ho church:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17123832#164132,27561609 - No 1

Cannot find Laust Davidsen Hansen's confirmation (to check the vaccination data in the marriage record).

For reference: https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/Denmark_Genealogy

https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/Danish_Word_List

https://www.dis-danmark.dk/kort/kort.htm - click Ribe

Ribe, Vester Horne, Ho, Almosetoft, 1 gaard, 66, FT-1870, D8115
Name:     Age:     Marital status:     Position in household:     Occupation:     Birth place:
Gregers Poulsen     58     Gift      Huusfader      Gaardmand. jordbruger      Ho Sogn, Ribe Amt
Ane Kjerstine Christensdatter     51     Gift      Huusmoder      Forsørges af huusfaderen      Hemmeth Sogn, Ringkjøbing Amt 
Helvig Cathrine Gregersen     22     Ugift      Deres datter      Forsørges af huusfaderen      Ho Sogn, Ribe Amt 
Christian Gregersen     16     Ugift      Søn      Forsørges af huusfaderen      Ho Sogn, Ribe Amt 
Ane Gregersen     13     Ugift      Datter      Forsørges af huusfaderen      Ho Sogn, Ribe Amt 
Morten Bregersen     11     Ugift      Søn      Forsørges af huusfaderen      Ho Sogn, Ribe Amt 
Niels Peder Gregersen     8     Ugift      En slægtning      Forsørges af huusfaderen      Ho Sogn, Ribe Amt 
Søren Jepsen     87     Enkemand      [ikke oplyst]            - 
Poul Gregersen     20     Ugift      Søn      Søfarende [mariner]      Ho Sogn, Ribe Amt  

Best regards,
Inger Toudal
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Karsten Damén

The 1870 census from Vester Vedsted:

Ribe, Ribe, Vester Vedsted, Vester Vedsted, Huus, 66, FT-1870, D8901
Navn:     Alder:     Status:     Stilling i familien:     Erhverv:     Fødested:
Kjestine Hansen     31     Gift      Husmoder      Haandarbeide.  Manden i Amerika (Husband in America)  Ose Sogn, Ribe Amt  
Hedevig Hansen     2     Ugift      Datter            Ose Sogn, Ribe Amt

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/billedviser?bsid=53027#53027,11813647

"Ose" is an error.  The source says "Hoe"  

Inger Toudal

It seems Gregers Poulsen died between 1 Feb. 1870 and 1 Feb. 1880:

Ribe, Øster Horne, Ølgod, Egknud, , 78, FT-1880, D3767
Name:     Age:     Marital status:     Position in household:     Occupation:     Birth place:
Ane Kirstine Poulsen, f. Kristensen     62     Enke [widow]      Husmoder, Lever af sin jordlod     Hemmet Sogn, Ringkøbing Amt
Kildehenvisning:   Tillægsliste A   
Kommentarer:   Egentlige opholdssted Ho Sogn, Ribe Amt   

Ribe, Vester Horne, Ho, Vesterballe by, Hus, 9, FT-1890, D8117
Navn:     Alder:     Status:     Stilling i familien:     Erhverv:     Fødested:
Ane Kirstine Poulsen     71     Enke      Husmoder      Aftægtskone      Hemmet   

Laust Davidsen Hansen's parents:

Ribe, Ribe, Vester Vedsted, Vester Vedsted, 1 hus, 24, FT-1870, D8901
Name:     Age:     Marital status:     Position in household:     Occupation:     Birth place:
Hans Peder Lauridsen     48     Gift      Husfader      Rormager      V. Vedsted, Ribe Amt  
Botille Jensen     49     Gift      Hans hustru      Husmoder      Slesvig

Ribe, Ribe, Vester Vedsted, Vester Vedsted By, Et Hus, 21, FT-1880, D3720
Hans Peder Lausen     58     Enkemand [widower]     Husfader, Arbejder i Agerbrug     Vester Vedsted Sogn, Ribe Amt  
Maren Nielsen     55     Enke      Hans Husholderske            Slesvig  

Ribe, Ribe, Vester Vedsted, Vester Vedsted, -, 14, FT-1890, D8903
Hans Peter Lausten     68     Enkemand      Husfader      Rormager      V. Vedsted  
Maren Nielsen     66     Enke      -      Husholder      Slesvig  

Best regards,
Inger
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Karsten Damén

The immigration record, New York, July 5th 1870; "City of Brooklyn":

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:939V-5R2V-3?i=274&cc=1849782

Judith Olsen

Gregers Poulsen died December 29, 1879 - and this is from the probate court:

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17054347#135644,33183722

Maybe someone can translate it better than I am able to  :-\
Venlig hilsen
Judith Olsen
Terslev, 4690 Haslev
judith@olsen.mail.dk

Henrik Brandt

I read this:

Et af afdøde Sognefoged i Ho Gregers Poulsen under 10. Oktober f. A. oprettet Testamente, hvorved han meddeler sin Hustru Ane Kirstine f. Christensen Tilladelse til at hensidde i uskiftet Bo efter sig med deres myndige og umyndige Fællesbørn, fremlagdes tilligemed Samtykke dertil fra Steddøtrene Kirstine og Marie Gregersen ved deres Mænd Laust Davidsen Hansen og Laurids Peder Nielsen Lundgaard, Sidstnævnte tillige som befuldmægtiget for Laust Davidsen Hansen, fra hvem Fuldmagt fremlagdes.

Gregers Poulsen left a will in which he gave his wife Ane Kirstine Christensen permission to retain undivided possession of the estate. The stepdaugthers Kirstine and Marie Gregersen agreed, by their husbands Laust Davidsen Hansen and Laurids Peder Nielsen Lundgaard, the latter was authorized to act for Laust Davidsen Hansen, from which a written authority was on view.

Inger Toudal

There's a description of the farm Gammeltoft in Vesterballe village, Ho parish, here:

http://vardesyssel.dk/aarboeger/Aarbog2007.pdf (page 96 - 98)

It had belonged to Helvig Sørensdatter's parents 1811 - 1837, and before them to her paternal grandparents.
In 1837, Gregers Poulsen bought the farm from his father-in-law.

Ribe, Vester Horne, Ho, Vesterballe Bye, -, 45, FT-1801, b9009
Name:     Age:     Marital status:     Position in household:     Occupation:
Zidzel Michels Datter     48     Enke      Huusmoder      Bonde, Enke og Gaardbeboer        
Anna Jeppes Datter     24     Ugift      Hendes Børn      tiener Moderen        
Stina Jeppes Datter     22     Ugift      Hendes Børn      tiener Moderen        
Søren Jepsen     18     Ugift      Hendes Børn      farer til Søes for Matros.       
Mette Jeppes Datter     13     -      Hendes Børn      -        
Chatrina Jeppes Dat:     10     -      Hendes Børn      -        
Kirsten Jeppes Datter     7     -      Hendes Børn      -  

Ribe, Vester Horne, Ho, Westerballe Bye, , 1, FT-1787, B4960
Jeppe Sørensen     59     Gift      Huusfader      Nærer sig af sin bondegaard.        
Sidsel Michelsdatter     33     Gift      Huusmoder

Anna Jeppesdatter     11     Ugift      Deres ægte Børn [Jeppe Sørensen og Sidsel Michelsdatter]              
Mette Jeppesdatter     10     Ugift      Deres ægte Børn [Jeppe Sørensen og Sidsel Michelsdatter]              
Anna Kirstine Jeppesdatter     9     Ugift      Deres ægte Børn [Jeppe Sørensen og Sidsel Michelsdatter]              
Michaëline Jeppesdatter     7     Ugift      Deres ægte Børn [Jeppe Sørensen og Sidsel Michelsdatter]              
Søren Jepsen     5     Ugift      Deres ægte Børn [Jeppe Sørensen og Sidsel Michelsdatter]              
Niels Jepsen     3     Ugift      Deres ægte Børn [Jeppe Sørensen og Sidsel Michelsdatter]              
Mette Lasdatter     66     Enke(mand)      Konens Moder i Huuset [Sidsel Michelsdatter]      faar Ophold af Stæden.

Best regards,
Inger
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Ann Thorsen

This is so exciting.  It would appear that you have found them.  I never thought I would know who they were.  I thank you also for all the reference data.  I will now spend some time trying to translate and add the information to my tree.
Many, Many Thanks

Ann Thorsen

Henrik Brandt

Hi Ann

I just found extra informations in a newspaper (Berlingske Tidende) from 26th July 1913 (3rd column):

http://www2.statsbiblioteket.dk/mediestream/avis/record/doms_aviser_page%3Auuid%3A45c3de24-da15-4054-b280-027b3fbcb10d/query/%22s%C3%B8ren%20jepsen%20gregersen%22

Kirstine Gregersen and her brother Søren Jepsen Gregersen are mentioned. It is about the inheritance after their mother who died in 1843. It says that the children a long time ago have got their inheritance and have signed for it but the receipts have disappeared. That is a problem for the new owner of the family farm because the case can't be deleted from the book of mortgages (pantebogen) without the receipts. It is unknown where Kirstine and Søren are living and the authorities have not been able to find out about it. In the writ they are summoned to meet in the court. The last known adress of Søren is Ho. Nothing about Kirstine's last adress is mentioned.

Well, Kirstine probably didn't read this newspaper but the formalities had to be followed  :)

It says that Kirstine's inheritance from her mother was, in money: 77 rigsbankdaler, 11 skilling. And when she was 18 she would as a present from her father get bed clothes, certain articles of clothing and a chest of drawers.

A man called Søren Jepsen Gregersen (1891-1971) is buried at the cemetary in Ho. He is probably a relative, named after Kirstine's mariner brother:

http://sepper.dk/ho/ho_svar_soeg.php

Regards, Henrik

Ann Thorsen

I thank you so much for the info.  I am still putting all the info into my tree in Ancestry.  It is overwhelming and exciting.
Ann Thorsen

Ann Thorsen

Spent the day entering data.  It was confusing at first but it all fell into place.  The data you sent is more than I could have ever expected.  I feel like a piece of my life is complete.
On the will it says that you can "view" the consent of L. Davidsen Nelsen.  Is that available to see.

I saw that a Gregers Poulsen came to the US in 1871.  The age fits but I do not know if it is the same person.  I am thinking that as he was aging he wanted to make sure that his current wife and children would not have any problem with the estate.  He may have brought a contract for Christine to sign along with a cash payment for her signing off on any inheritance.  Just speculation.  The consent form would show the dates.
I have sent your info to my cousins and we are all grateful for your help.  It has been a puzzle for me for 4 years and I would never have found them.

I need to translate the book pages but other than that I was able to translate via the link you sent me.  Again, more than I would have ever thought would be found and am grateful for the help.
Ann Thorsen

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Hi Ann

A bit more for you on the family of Louis (or Laust):

Botilde Jensen dies on Nov 25th 1877:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=171987#171987,28874552
Botilde Jensen, smallholder Hans Peder Laugesens Hustru of Vester Vedsted. Born i Hviding Sogn.
Father: Jens Laugesen Jensen. Age 57.

Botilde was born on Oct 24th 1820 in Hviding.
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=201762#201762,38241504
Bothelle. Father Jens Lauritzen Jessen and wife Mette Kirstine Thomasdatter in Raahede.

Hans Peder Laustsen dies on Jan 23rd 1900 in Vester Vedsted:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=171992#171992,28875224
Hans Peder Laustsen
Widower in Vester Vedsted. Born in Vester Vedsted. Parents Laust Andersen Sandholdt and wife Anne Michels Christensdatter. Age 78.

Hans Peder’s was born on Oct 17th 1821 in Vester Vedsted:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=171985#171985,28874219
Parents: Laust Andersen Sandholdt, Anne Michels Chrestensdatter.

Hans Peder’s and Bolette’s marriage on July 18th 1845 In Hviding:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=201764#201764,38241782
Ungkarl Hans Peter Sandholt, 24 aar gammel af bondestand, tjenende i Øster Vedsted i Ribe Domsogn
Pige Bothelle Jensdatter, 24 aar gammel af bondestand i Raahede.
Witness: Gaardmand i Raahede Jens Lauritzen Jessen og kromand i Höxbroe Hans Schulz.

Hans Peder’s father, Laust Andersen Sandholdt dies Jan 30th 1837 in Vester Vedsted:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=171986#171986,28874444
Laust Andersen Sandholdt, Hjuulmand in Vester Vedsted. Age 45.

I think this is Laust Andersen Sandholdt’s baptism in the church record:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=171980#171980,28873906
On February 20th [1792] in the Morning at 6 am a son was born to Niels Davidsen and Anne LauritsDatter in Vester Vedsted. The day after he was baptized of the vicar Christian Hansen and given the name Lauritz Andersen Sandholt..
Witnesses were
Lauritz Michelsen
Anders Michelsen from Enderup
Hans Pedersen
Anne Marie, the wife of Christian Hansen

Hans Peder’s mother, Anne Michels dies on Jan 3rd 1847 in Vester Vedsted:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=171987#171987,28874523

I don’t think the fathers name is corrects. Here is Anne Michels in the census 1801:

Ribe, Ribe, Vester Vedsted (Kongerigsk), Vester Vedsted by, , 33, FT-1801, B9205
Navn:  Alder:  Status:  Stilling i familien:  Erhverv:  Fødested:
Christen Michelsen   47   Gift   Husbonde   Bonde og gårdbeboer     
Dorthe Clemmensdatter   45   Gift   Hans kone         
Marie Christensdatter   19   Ugift   Deres barn         
Maren Clemmens Christensdatter   17   Ugift   Deres barn         
Anna Michels Christensdatter   10   Ugift   Deres barn          
Hans Christensen   8   Ugift   Deres barn         
Jannich Jannichsen   19   Ugift   Tjenestekarl         
Annabolette Jensdatter   27   Ugift   Hos husbonde, opholdende   Væver   

And here is her birth in Vester Vedsted:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=171980#171980,28873903
On Jan 6th [1791] in the morning at 10 am was a daughter born to Christen Michelsen and Dorethe ClemensDatter in Vester Vedsted. She was baptized Dom. 1past Epiphan. With the name Anne Michels.
Witness were
Jens Hansen Jepsen
Niels Nielsen
Hans Andersen.

/Ellen

Inger Toudal

Gregers Poulsen who came to the US in 1871 is probably this man from Aalborg county:

Navn:    Paulsen, Gregers   Stilling:    Landmand
Alder:    59   Bestemmelsessted:    Webster
Kontrakt nr.:    152000   Forevisningsdato:    10-05-1871
Fødesogn:    ?
Sidste oph.sogn:    Nørresundby   Sidste oph. amt:    Aalborg
Sidste oph.sted:    N. Sundby   Bestemmelses land:    USA
Bestemmelses by:    Webster   Bestemmelses stat:    ?
Skibsnavn:    Indirekte
IDkode:    I7172P0512

- source: http://www.udvandrerarkivet.dk/udvandrerprotokollerne/

The document with authorization from Laust Davidsen Hansen to Laurids Peder Nielsen Lundgaard to act on his behalf was presented in court.
It's not clear what happened to the document afterwards.

Best regards,
Inger
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Inger Toudal

Parents and siblings of Gregers Poulsen:
https://www.myheritage.com/family-1_1000536_136363581_136363581/gregersen-poul-gregersen-anne-marie-gregersen-fodt-bertelsen

He died 18 Dec. and was buried 29 Dec. 1879: https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17123832#164133,27561817 - No 4

His birth record: https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17123828#164130,27561406 - left page (baptized 10 Mar. 1811)
- Helvig Sørensdatter's birth record is on the right page (baptized 17 Mar. 1811).

She died 21 Feb. and was buried 2 Mar. 1843: https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17123832#164132,27561687 - No 1

Ribe, Vester Horne, Ho, Vester Bremose Bye, -, 54, FT-1801, b9009
Paul Gregersen     43     Gift      Huus Bonde      Bonde og Gaardbeboer        
Anna Maria Berthels Datter     28     Gift      Hans Kone      -  

Anna Povels Datter     5     -      Deres Børn      -        
Karen Povels Datter     2     -      Deres Børn      -  

There must be an error in the 1834 census. Kirsten Larsdatter, 69 y, is not Gregers Poulsen's mother. His mother is here, living with his older brother:

Ribe, Vester Horne, Ho, Vesterbredning, 2, En Gaard, 51, FT-1840, C7075
Bertel Friis Poulsen     35     Gift            Gaardmand        
Johanne Cathrine Nielsdatter     30     Gift            Hans Kone        
Povel Friis Bertelsen     5     Ugift            Deres Børn        
Marie Cathrine Bertelsen     3     Ugift            Deres Børn        
Niels Bertelsen     1     Ugift            Deres Børn        
Hanne Nielsdatter     26     Ugift            Tjenestepige        
Ane Marie Bertelsdatter     68     Enke            Inderste og Aftægtskone

Ribe, Vester Horne, Ho, Vesterbredmose, en Gaard, 47, FT-1845, B4553
Berthel Poulsen     40     Gift            Gaardmand      Her i Sognet  
Johanne Nielsdatter     35     Gift            hans Kone      Oxbye Ribe Amt  
Poul Berthelsen     10     Ugift            deres Børn      Her i Sognet  
Marie Cath: Berthelsdatter     8     Ugift            deres Børn      Her i Sognet  
Niesl Berthelsen     6     Ugift            deres Børn      Her i Sognet  
Jens Cornelius Berthelsen     3     Ugift            deres Børn      Her i Sognet  
Ane Sørensdatter     25     Ugift            Tjenestepige      Her i Sognet  
Ane Marie Berthelsdatter     74     Enke            huusfaderens Moder der af ham forsørges      Oxbye Ribe Amt  

Best regards,
Inger
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Christian Konstmann Autzen

Mette Kirstine Thomasdatter, see this homepage:

http://troelswinther.dk/getperson.php?personID=I20270&tree=TW1

This homepage is very trustworthy.

If you have the right match here - and your family is going back to Troels Winther - I'm sure that Svend Jacobsen and Hans-Ole Mørk will be very happy to get your family members names and dates.

Greetings
Christian
Min slægt: Autzen, Konstmann, Nansen, Hegelund, Sønberg, Matzen, Schmidt, Kruse, Wolf. Min hustru's slægt: Mærsk, Fogh, Møller, Hark, Lund, Aaskou, Blom, Dethlefsen, Beyer, Troels Winther.

Henrik Brandt

Citat fra: Ann Thorsen [55631] Dato 04 Aug 2017 - 03:26
On the will it says that you can "view" the consent of L. Davidsen Nelsen.  Is that available to see

Perhaps the document can be found in this package of documents from the probate court:

https://www.sa.dk/daisy/arkivserie_detaljer?a=%C3%B8ster-vester+horne&b=skifte&c=&d=1&e=2017&f=&g=&h=&ngid=&ngnid=&heid=9711257&henid=9711257&epid=&faid=&meid=&m2rid=&side=&sort=&dir=&gsc=&int=&ep=&es=&ed=

But it is not scanned so it is necessary to go to the archives to se it.

Ann Thorsen

I finally have all the data entered into my tree.  It is so fantastic to see all of this.  I still need to go back and double check my work and add resources to my tree.
Ann Thorsen

Citat fra: Ann Thorsen [55631] Dato 05 Aug 2017 - 17:09
I finally have all the data entered into my tree.  It is so fantastic to see all of this.  I still need to go back and double check my work and add resources to my tree.
Ann Thorsen
Hi Ann

Once you have checked, please include a list of all your ancestors here in Denmark from Louis (Laust) Davidson Dec. 7 1844 Denmark and Christine Gregersen June 1837.

Then we can try to check another time here in Denmark - especially a possible line to Troels Winther, born around year 1425.

But - your Laust Davidsen seems to be born December 7, 1844, and the Laust Davidsen Hansen is born November 7, 1845, Vester Vedsted, opslag 27.

Perhaps he has tried to hide his correct identity - or something else has happened.

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/billedviser?bsid=171986#171986,28874345

http://troelswinther.dk/getperson.php?personID=I45066&tree=TW1

Greetings
Christian
Min slægt: Autzen, Konstmann, Nansen, Hegelund, Sønberg, Matzen, Schmidt, Kruse, Wolf. Min hustru's slægt: Mærsk, Fogh, Møller, Hark, Lund, Aaskou, Blom, Dethlefsen, Beyer, Troels Winther.

Lisa Petersen

There is some information about Gregers Poulsen et al. on pages 96-98 of Vardesyssel Aarbog 2007 by Gert Ravn.

vardesyssel.dk/Aarbog%202007web.doc

Lisa Petersen
near Washington, D.C.

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Hi Ann

If you don't read Danish - the pages in the document Lisa is Refering to is about the farm 'Gammeltoft', owned by Gregers Poulsen and Helvig Sørensdatter.

In one of the notes, there is a  listing of Gregers Poulsen's children:

6.   Børn af hans 1. ægteskab med Helvig Sørensdatter død 1843 er: Kirstine Gregersen født her 23.9.1838 og gift her 29.12.1867 med ungkarl Laust Davidsen Hansen fra Brede sogn.  - Marie Gregersen født her 8.1.1841. - Søren Jepsen Gregersen født her 25.10.1842. – Børn af hans 2. ægteskab med Ane Christine Christensdatter Graungaard er: Helvig Gregersen 1846-1847. - Helvig Cathrine Gregersen født her 1.11.1847, og gift her 11.12.1873 med ungkarl og styrmand Andreas Nielsen i Sønderballe. - Poul Gregersen født her 28.5.1849, - Ane Gregersen 1851-1852. - Christian Gregersen født her 16.5.1853, ungkarl og styrmand gift her 28.11.1878 med Ane Nielsen født Nørreballe 16.10.1852, bosat i Sønderballe. - Ane Gregersen født her 17.5.1856. - Morten Sørensen Gregersen 1855-1855. – Morten Gregersen født her 19.12.1858, ungkarl og styrmand gift her 23.10.1887 med Ingeborg Marie Lorentzen af Sønderside. – Niels Peder Gregersen født her 10.12.1861.

Children of Gregers Poulsen's 1st marriage with Helvig Sørensdatter (dead 1843)
1) Kirstien Gregersen born Sep 23 1838, married Dec 29th 1867 to Laust Davidsen Hansen
2) Marie Gregersen born Jan 8th 1841
3) Søren Jepsen Gregersen, born Oct 25th 1842

Children of Gregers Poulsen's 2nd marriage with Ane Christine Graungaard
1) Helvig Gregersen 1846-1847
2) Helvig Cathrine Gregersen born Nov 1st 1847, married Dec 11th 1873 with Andreas Nielsen in Sønderballe
3) Poul Gregersen Born May 28th  1849
4) Ane Gregersen 1841-1852
5) Christian Gregersen born May 16th 1853 married Nov 28th 1878 to Ane Nielsen born in Nørreballe Oct 16th 1852
6) Ane Gregersen born May 17th 1856
7) Morten Sørensen Gregersen 1855-1855
8. Morten Gregersen born Dec 19th 1858, married Oct 23rd 1887 to Ingeborg Marie Lorentzen from Sønderside
9) Niels Peder Gregersen born Dec 10th 1861

/Ellen

Ann Thorsen

I am satisfied that Laust, born 1845, is our man.  Everything fits.  Thank you for interest.
I looked at the Troels info and it appears to be the same family.  Since I cannot read Danish I could only see the Davidsen Hansen connection.
Ann Thorsen

Hi Ann

I would suggest that you send a descendant list from your system to Svend Jacobsen - he will thank you many times for this and he will then put it on the Troels Winther website. The site includes 14 generations after Troels Winther - but Svend has also begun to insert the 15th generation, for survivors only include birth data.

The descendant of Laust Davidsen Hansen and Christene Gregersen - married Dec 29th 1867.

http://troelswinther.dk/getperson.php?personID=I45075&tree=TW1

The email of Svend Jacobsen is: scjac42@gmail.dk

For your information: Svend has been researching for 50 years - and has researched Troels Winther since the 1980s, a work that his good friend Hans-Ole Mørk participates in. And the result of this very big work can be seen on the website.

As previously stated, the information on the website is very credible and you can put the information into your system directly from the website.

And so - you are within the 15th generation of Troels Winther in family with my wife and unbelievably many other Danes  8)

Greetings
Christian

Ann Thorsen

Hi Ann

My security system - Bullguard - shows that it's safe. And I have not heard that other people in Denmark have had problems with this website.

Then - try through one of your friends or acquaintances.

http://troelswinther.dk/

Greetings
Christian

Ann Thorsen

Thank you for the translations of the farm.  It was most helpful.
Soren Jepsen Gregerson, born 1842, died at sea.  Is there any possibility of finding Soren or Poul Gregersen, born 1849, who also died at sea.  Poul was listed in the 1870 census.
Thanks,
Ann

Citat fra: Ann Thorsen [55631] Dato 06 Aug 2017 - 23:03
My computer does not show it as a safe website.  Sorry.
Ann

Hi Ann

If you wish, I can send you a pdf list with ancestors to your Laust Davidsen Hansen and back to Troels Winther. - Within 2 weeks.
Do you want it or do you by your self go in and take your data from the Troels Winther website?

Greetings
Christian

Ann Thorsen

I would appreciate that.  Thank you.
Because my computer has been hacked in the past, my son would have a fit if I went on a site that did not have the security lock.
Ann