Transcription Review and indication that the two entries refer to same people

Startet af Lynn Christiansen, 02 Aug 2017 - 18:41

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lynn Christiansen

I have what I believe is the engagement and marriage entries for my 4th great grandparents Jens Mortensen and Anne Sørensdatter. The image is https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/billedviser?bsid=167525#167525,28127997 right hand page. The engagement is the first entry at the top. My attempt at a transcription is :

Trovole

Year: 1785
Numb: 1st entry on right hand page, center column

Onsdagen (Wednesday) d 26 (?) Januari blev Jens Mortensen og Anne Sørens
datter begge ??
Constantinsborg
forlovelse. For..??
waren Signer Lauridsen
.??..
paa Gaarden ?

Would someone review, complete and correct my transcription?

I believe the marriage entry is further down the column and is as follows:

Copulerte
Tirsdagen {Tuesday} d 29 (?) Martii
Blev Jens ?? fra Constantins=
borg og Anne Sørensdaater ibid

I need this transcription reviewed also and an indication as to whether this is the marriage entry for Jens MORTENSEN and Anne Sørensdatter or not.

Thank you for your help.

RIN 25900
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Christian Konstmann Autzen

Yes, it might be the same couple - Jens Mortensen at the engagement and Jens Kudsk at the wedding. You will have to find children born / baptized and see if he is called Jens (Mortensen) Kudsk.

Greetings
Christian
Min slægt: Autzen, Konstmann, Nansen, Hegelund, Sønberg, Matzen, Schmidt, Kruse, Wolf. Min hustru's slægt: Mærsk, Fogh, Møller, Hark, Lund, Aaskou, Blom, Dethlefsen, Beyer, Troels Winther.

Lynn Christiansen

Christian---Thank you for your help

His name, i.e. Jens Mortensen is present in each birth entry, her name is not given in the birth records of 3 of 4 children associated with Jens Mortensen.

But in none of the entries is he referred to as Jens Kudsk. In all cases it is only Jens Mortensen.

I have an engagement of Jens Mortensen and Ane Sørensdatter in January and a marriage entry of Jen Kudsk (?) and Ane Sørensdatter in March.

Hence, the reason for my prior question: Are the engagement and marriage entries for the same couple?

Personally, I believe the entries are for the same couple, but cannot explain the difference in his surname.
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg