Transcription of 2 deaths please.

Startet af aileen young, 06 Sep 2017 - 04:25

Forrige emne - Næste emne

aileen young

Could I please have a transcription of the death of 2 sisters who died on the same day.

Lydia Elavira Frederekke Hansen born 15 February 1894 unknown died 16 December 1897  Domsogn Roskide  1896-99 Ops 276  No 62.

Emmy Nathalie Hansen born 12 December 1895 Unknown died 16 December 1897 Domsogn,Roskide,1896-99 Ops 276 No 63.

father Henrik Charles Hansen.

Thank You,

Aileen Young
Kobenhavn,Vejle.

Ellen Steen-Petersen

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=154953#154953,25869468

I read:

Den 16. December 1897 på Amtssygehuset i Roskilde af forbrændingssår, kulilteforgiftning
Begravet d. 23. December 1897 på Sct, Ibs Kirkegaard
No. 62 Lydia Elvira Frederikke Hansen
No. 63 Emmy Nathalie Hansen
Datter af Maskinarbejder Charles Hansen og hustru i Ladegaarden Mo.: 8 .. af Sct. Jørgensbjerg Sogn.

Died on Dec 16th  1897 on the County Hospital in Roskilde of burns and carbon monoxide poisoning
Buried Dec 23rd 1897 on Sct. Ibs cemetry
No. 62 Lydia Elvira Frederikke Hansen
No. 63 Emmy Nathalie Hansen
Daughter of operator Charles Hansen and wife, Ladegaarden No. 8.. in Sct. Jørgensbjerg Parish

/Ellen

Ellen Steen-Petersen

I found a mentioning of what has happened in the local paper:

Roskilde Dagblad 18. december 1897:

Lost children in Accident
A terrible tragedy occurred last Wednesday evening at Operator Hansen in Hedegardene.
Hansen’s wife went out around 6 pm. on a small erand in Roskilde. Before she went out, she laid her two young girls Lydia and Emmy to bed. As she expected her husband to be home shortly after 6, she had no worries about leaving the light on in the room, where the children were laid. Specially not, as the light was placed far from the bed.
But as Hansen came home, he was met by a terrible sight. The bed was at fire, and his youngest 2 year old girl laid nearly choked under the bed with severe burns in the face and on the abdomen. The other 4 years old child laid in the bed with severe burn on the chest.
How the accident has happened – whether the lamp has exploded or the children has turned it over can never be reveal.
Hansen got his young girls moved away in a hurry and the fire put out with help from neighbors.
Both the young girls were brought to the county hospital as fast as possible, but they have since both died from their severe burns.
The youngest died the following morning, the oldest later.
It will be a sad Christmas for the poor parents – it was the only children they had, and it will be difficult for them to miss the warn children’s eyes during Christmas.
Also in other ways has Hansens had losses, as all of their belongings burned or became damaged, and they had no insurance.

/Ellen

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

aileen young

Dear Ellen,
Thank you for your wonderful information on the deaths of the two little sisters,

How terrible for the parents.

They went on to have 9 more children.

Aileen
Kobenhavn,Vejle.