Barløse, Odense

Startet af Paul Løndahl-Smidt, 11 Okt 2017 - 18:21

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

My 7th great grandfather, Jørgen Jørgensen, was the son of Jørgen Kjeldsen according to the attached 1651 court record.  I know that Jørgen Jørgensen was a sheriff on the Brahe estate in Barløse and suspect that Jørgen Kjeldsen was also a high ranking person o the estate.  Is there anyway that I can find out more about Jørgen Kjeldsen.  I know this is a long shot.

Mange tak for din hjælp.

Med venlig amerikanske hilsener
Paul

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]
Fåborg    Barløse

Ole Westermann

Paul

What exactly do you mean with the Brahe estate in Barløse ? And sheriff ?  Foged?
Brahesborg estate is 5 km south of Barløse.

And from where do you have the attached file?

mvh Ole

Inger Toudal

Delefoged under Brahesborg gods.

See https://www.slaegtogdata.dk/forum/index.php/topic,73290.msg387914.html#msg387914

Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Hej Ole og Inger,

A Dane found the court record and e-mailed it to me.  Thanks Inger for reminding me of my earlier post.  Sometimes my 78 year old mind doesn´t remember very well

mvh
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Ole Westermann

Supplementing a bit:

Delefoged - a farmer who on behalf of the owner of the estate/manor judges between contentious farmers in a village
in smaller disputes, which don't need to go to court (ting).

Barløse parish measured in August 1680 to Christian V Matrikel
At http://ao.salldata.dk/vis1.php?bsid=126062&side=2 you see that Jørgen Jørgensen and Claus Pedersen share 1 farm
owned by Holger Rosenkrandtz. But on all the following pages only Claus Pedersens name is mentioned.

mvh Ole

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Mange tak Ole.

mvh
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

How big would the farm that Claus Pedersen, my 6th great grandfather, and Jørgen Jørgensen, my 7th great grandfather, have been.  The reason that only Claus Pedersen is mentioned in 1681 is that was the year that Jørgen Jørgensen died.

mvh
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Ole Westermann

Unfortunately there is no summing up on each farm, as far I can see, but I grabbed the calculator and went through the next c.100 pages, and I ended up with 215.809 alen² ~ 15,4 'tønder land' (which is not the same as 'tønder hartkorn') ~ ca 85.000 m².   1 alen is appr. 2 feet.

mvh Ole

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Mange tusind tak Ole.  It sounds like Jørgen and Claus were farming a large farm.  Thank you so much for your great effort.

mvh
a grateful Paul
Fåborg    Barløse