Does marriage record indicate where she is from or who her parents are?

Startet af Claude Anders Hanson, 28 Okt 2017 - 03:28

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Claude Anders Hanson

https://www.danishfamilysearch.com/sogn1789/churchbook/source138518/opslag15130661
Again, I know the dates and the names of the bride and groom; however I can't read what it says under the name of the bride.  I'd appreciate it you could look at the record and let me know.  Thanks.  2nd down on the page, Oct. 22, 1842.  Thanks, Claude

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Bodil Maria Høms, gårdmandsdatter fra Østergaard, 29½ aar.

- farmers daughter from Østergaard

Census 1845:

Tønder, Hviding, Arrild (Slesvigsk), Øbjergby, Gaard, 62, FT-1860, D6997
Navn:  Alder:  Status:  Stilling i familien:  Erhverv:  Fødested:
Anders Hansen Wind   53   Gift   Gaardmand. Huusfader      Her i Sognet  
Bodil Marie Høms   47   Gift   hans Kone      Skjærbæk Sogn Haderslev Amt   
Hans Hansen Wind   14   Ugift   deres Søn      Her i Sognet  
Hans Peder Brodersen   22   Ugift   Tjenestefolk      Her i Sognet  
Andreas Lauritsen   39   Gift   Tjenestefolk      Vilslef Sogn Ribe Amt  
Ane Cathrine Beyer   40   Ugift   Tjenestefolk      Skjærbæk Sogn Haderslev Amt  

/Ellen

Niels Conradsen

It says "Gaardmands Datter fra Østergasse" - i.e. Farmers Daugther from Øster Gasse - a location in the parish : Skærbæk, Hvidding Herred, Tønder Amt. Close to Arrild
Best regards Niels

Christian Konstmann Autzen

The father was Willads Pedersen and wife Anne af Øster Gasse.

Testes: Niels Pedersen from Høm - may be therefor "Høms". Willads Pedersen could be born in Høm i Seem parish, Ribe amt ?

Greatings
Christian

Min slægt: Autzen, Konstmann, Nansen, Hegelund, Sønberg, Matzen, Schmidt, Kruse, Wolf. Min hustru's slægt: Mærsk, Fogh, Møller, Hark, Lund, Aaskou, Blom, Dethlefsen, Beyer, Troels Winther.

About "marriage"  - see this:

https://h58.dk/Lovbog/Lovbog_Kap1.pdf

Normally the marriage was in the parish of were the bride was born.

9. Brudevielsen tilfalder Sognepræsten for den Menighed, hvoraf Bruden er
Medlem. Dette bestemmes imidlertid efter den Tid. da Vielsen finder Sted, saa at
naar en Pige, som tjente i et andet Sogn, da Lysningen foregik, inden Vielsen
lovlig forlader sin Tjeneste og tager Ophold i et fremmed Sogn, tilfalder Vielsen
den Præst, til hvis Sogn hun er flyttet, om end Flytningen er skeet til en anden
Tid end rette Fardag, naar den blot er foregaaet med Huusbondens Minde, og
selv om den befalede Skudsmaalsforeviisning ei har fundet Sted.

- Derimod kan det ikke komme i Betragtning, om Bruden, uden at hendes
Forbindelse med det Sogn, hvori Lysningen foregik, er ophørt, tager øieblikkelig
Ophold i et andet Sogn, for der at lade sig vie; ei heller kan et lovstridigt Ophold
sammesteds virke Forandring af det Sted, hvor hun skulde vies.

Et saadant lovstridigt Ophold er det, naar Bruden inden Vielsen flytter ind til
Brudgommen, da ifølge Fr. 19 Febr. 1783 § 6 de Trolovede ei maa flytte til
hinanden og boe under Tag sammen, forinden Brylluppet er holdt. (§ 14. Rskr.
27. Juni 1835, 24 Dcbr. 1832, 1ste Juni 1830).

- Dersom Brudefolkene forskaffe sig Bevilling til at vies af uvedkommende
Præst, skal dog den Præst, som Vielsen ellers vilde tilfalde, nyde Betaling som
om Vielsen af ham var forrettet, ligesom der heller ikke maa afgaae
Kirkebetienterne eller Andre noget i deres Rettigheder, og Attest om at dette er
fyldestgjort bør fremlægges inden Vielsen maa forrettes.

Tillige bør i intet Tilfælde Vielsen forrettes paa egen Haand af Nogen, der ikke
er bestikket som Præst ved en vis Menighed, hvorimod enhver ordineret Mand
kan paa en anden Præsts Vegne forrette Vielsen. (§ 14).

Greatings
Christian

Min slægt: Autzen, Konstmann, Nansen, Hegelund, Sønberg, Matzen, Schmidt, Kruse, Wolf. Min hustru's slægt: Mærsk, Fogh, Møller, Hark, Lund, Aaskou, Blom, Dethlefsen, Beyer, Troels Winther.

Ellen Steen-Petersen

According to the konfirmation of Bodil Maria is the name of the parents Willads Pedersen and Ane Pedersdatter.

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=202374#202374,38360587

/Ellen

Claude Anders Hanson

Thanks everybody - especially Ellen who continues to gift me with lots information from her efforts.  I couldn't read the information concerning marriage ceremonies in Denmark because I can't translate; however, my assumption is that it tells the traditions of the ceremonies....and thanks for the help.  Claude

Citat fra: Claude Anders Hanson [52616] Dato 29 Okt 2017 - 00:23
Thanks everybody - especially Ellen who continues to gift me with lots information from her efforts.  I couldn't read the information concerning marriage ceremonies in Denmark because I can't translate; however, my assumption is that it tells the traditions of the ceremonies....and thanks for the help.  Claude

Try with google translation

https://www.google.es/search?q=translate&oq=translate&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0l5.5559j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

9. The wedding ceremony commits the parish priest to the congregation, of which the bride is
Member. However, this is determined after that time. when Vielsen takes place, so that
to a girl who served in another parish when the litigation took place before the wedding ceremony
legally leaving his service and taking residence in a foreign parish, commits marriage
the priest to whose parish she has moved, though the move has been made to another
Time than a good day, when it is just the memory of the Huusbond, and
even though it has taken place for a while, it has taken place.

- On the other hand, it can not be considered, about the bride without her
Relationship with the parish in which the glow took place has ceased, takes place immediately
Stay in another parish to let it go; nor can a lawful stay
together, change the place where she should be wiped.

Such a statutory stay is when the bride moves before the wedding
The groom, according to Fr. 19 Feb. 1783 § 6 The Trolovede must move to
each other and boe under the roof together before the wedding is held. (§ 14 Rskr.
27 June 1835, 24 Dcbr. 1832, 1st June, 1830).

- If the bridal people acquire the appropriation to be wiped out by unauthorized persons
Priest, however, the priest whom the wedding ceremony would otherwise fall to have to pay as
if the marriage of him was done, nor should he go away
Church officials or others in their rights, and attestation that this is
Completed should be submitted before Vielsen has to be appealed.

Additionally, in no case should the wedding be proclaimed on its own by someone who does not
is the cutlery as the priest of a certain church, whereas any ordained man
on behalf of another priest, can establish the marriage. (§ 14).

This is the direct translation.

Greatings

Christian

Ellen Steen-Petersen

My English is not perfect - but it is better than google translate:

9. The Marriage falls upon the Parish priest in the congregation to which the Bride is a member. However, this is determined depending on the time of marriage. If a maid who served in a different parish when the bann to place leaves her service and settles in a different parish, the marriage falls upon the priest in the parish to which she has moved. This will be the case even if the move has taken place on a different time that the right change day, as long as the change has taken place with the permission of her Master and the decreed recommendation has been given.

However, it will not be accepted if the Bride settles momentarily in a different parish to be married in this, if her connection to the parish in which the bann has been announce has ended. Likewise an unlawful settlement in the same place will not change the place in which she should be married.

According the regulation of Feb 19th 1783  6 a settlement is unlawful if the bride moves in with the groom, as this regulation states the betrothals are not allowed to move together and live under the same roof before the marriage. (§14 Rskr. June 27th 1835, Dec 24 1832. June 1st 1830).

In the case the couple receives permission to be married by a different priest, the priest who the marriage should have been performed by should still be paid as if the ceremony has been performed by him. Likewise the church wardens or others should not be reduced in rights. An certificate that this has been ensured must be produced before the marriage can take place.

Neither should the marriage be performed by anyone who is not appointed as Priest to a congregation. However any ordinated man can on behalf of a different priest conduct the marriage (§14).   

/Ellen