Startet af Claude Anders Hanson, 05 Nov 2017 - 21:19

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Ellen Steen-Petersen

No.

Is this who your are looking for:

Census 1801 Sæby, Harre, Viborg.
Name:  Age:  Married?:  Pos. in household:  Occupation:  BirTD place:
Anders Pedersen   36   gift   Mand   Inderste og Daglejer     
Maren Jacobsdatter   31   gift   Hans Kone   .     
Jacob Andersen   5   ugift   Deres Børn   .     
Peder Andersen   2   ugift   Deres Børn   .

This Anders Pedersen is the only Anders Pedersen in the census 1801 for Sæby.

/Ellen

Inge Hedal

No, the mother of the child is not mentioned. Married mothers were not mentioned.
There is one more Maren Jacobsdatter in Sæby in 1801, and she may have been Peder's godmother:
Viborg, Harre, Sæby, Sæbye Bye, , 1, FT 1801, A9212
Navn:    Alder:    Status:    Stilling i familien:    Erhverv:    Fødested:
Jeppe Nielsen     41     gift     Huusbonde     Bonde og Gaardbeboer      
Maren Jacobsdatter     27     gift     Hans Kone     .      
Mette Jeppesdatter     2     ugift     Deres Datter     .      
Maren Jensdatter     15     ugift     Tienestepige     .      
Kirsten Jensdatter     66     enke     Konens Moder     .     

Inge

Claude Anders Hanson

Thanks to both of you.  Seeing the two Maren Jacobsdatters on the 1801 census each in a different family was helpful.  I found two Maren Jacobsdatters on the 1787 and they are in the same family....and both listed as the daughters of their father's 3rd wife.... if I read it right.  I'm really trying to find who the Maren, who is Jacobs mother, father and mother are.  I thought perhaps I had found the marriage of Maren and Anders Pedersen... but her name was Mariane...and I guess that should not be counted as a Maren.... and the marriage was just two months before Jacob was born...so I should probably eliminate that marriage in my search.  Thank you both for your help.  Claude

Ole Westermann

1795, 23de November betrothed
Bachelor Anders Pedersen of Hellegaard and the girl Mariane
Jacobs Datter of Sæbye. Best men were Peder Jacobsen in Dalst(rup)
and Anders Dalgaard in Toustrup

It must be this Mariane who is named Maren in the 1801 census.

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=168402#168402,28278303 right
1832, 12 Juli died Mariane Jacobsdatter in Sæby, alms receiver, 63 yo
-------------
Viborg, Harre, Sæby, Sæbye Bye, , 3, FT-1787, A9211
Jacob Ochels*             73     gift     Hosbonde     Gaardmand                               *Qvuols      
Kirsten Jensdtr.     47     gift     MadModer     .       
Peder Jacobsen     46     ugift     Hs.Søn af 1ste Ægteskab     tjener Faderen       
Maren Jacobsdatter     19     ugift     Døtre af faderens 3die Ægteskab     tjener Forældrene       
Maren Jacobsdatter     12     ugift     Døtre af faderens 3die Ægteskab     tjener Forældrene       
----------
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=166890#166890,28023463
1769, 3 Dec
Jacob Qvuls 1 Datter døbt
i Sæbye Kirke kaldet MARIANNA
baaren af Johanna Jacobsd. etc...
------------
At her confirmation in 1788 https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=166891#166891,28023685
she is called Maren Jacobsdatter of Sæbye
And her younger sister Maren Jacobsdatter in 1794. She was bapt. 1775, 22.jan.
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=166891#166891,28023564
with the name MAREN, father Jacob Qvols.

Best regards
Ole

Claude Anders Hanson

Thanks Ellen, Inge and Ole!  I suspected that the Maren I was looking for was the same Mariane named on the marriage because of Pedar, from Dolstrup was an attendee and also he was an attendee a few months later at Jacob's baptism.  And thanks Ole for trying to help me understand the sisters Maren in the same family.  Quite frankly, I am going to have to draw myself a little chart using the information you found in order to really understand it.  Trying to understand that data is almost as hard as it is to understand the current political atmosphere in this country!  Thanks again!  Claude

Inge Hedal

Don't despair, Claude. At least the church records and the censuses are stable and normally to be trusted!
Regards, Inge

Claude Anders Hanson

Inge:   Thanks for the concern.  Hopefully my concerns are actually not warranted!!  Claude