Niels Jorgensen Daugaard

Startet af Linda Michelle Thérèsa de Bodt Rosenland, 23 Nov 2017 - 21:14

Forrige emne - Næste emne
Niels Jorgensen Daugaard is my 4th great-grandfather.  I searched the Daugaard church transcripts and do not see a birth that matches up to him being born around 1767.

I potentially find him in the 1787 Census in Daugård, Hatting, Vejle, Denmark living with an older sister, Kirsten Jorgensdatter.  I searched the Daugaard church transcripts for a birth of a Kirsten, father named Jorgen, but found nothing.

Morthen Pedersen     43     Gift     Hosbonde     Bonde og Gaardbeboer       
Kirsten Jørgensdatter     30     Gift     Madmoder             
Jens Morthensen                   9     -     Børn af 1 ægteskab            
Anne Morthensdatter     7     -     Børn af 1 ægteskab            
Jørgen Morthensen     5     -     Børn af 1 ægteskab            
Maren Morthensdatter     3     -     Børn af 1 ægteskab            
Niels Jørgensen     20     Ugift     Konens Broder            
Maren Jensdatter     18     Ugift     Tieneste Pige  

In the 1801 Census he is living with his family in Klakring, Bjerre, Vejle and his age suggests a birth year of 1766:
Niels Jørgensen                   35     Gift     Huusbonde     Bonde og Gaardbeboer       
Mette Sophie Christensdatter     39     Gift     Hans Kone            
Christen Knudsen                  14     Ugift     Hendes Børn            
Ane Kirstine Knudsdatter                  10     Ugift     Hendes Børn            
Maren Nielsdatter                    6     Ugift     Deres Børn            
Knud Nielsen                                 3     Ugift     Deres Børn            
Jørgen Nielsen                                 1     Ugift     Deres Børn            
Rasmus Jensen                               29     Ugift     Tienestefolk            
Maren Jensdatter                  21     Ugift     Tienestefolk  

Niels Jorgensen Daugaard dies in 1828 in Klakring age 61 last entry for 1828 suggesting a birth year of 1767: https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/en/billedviser?bsid=165493#165493,27797859

His probate is found here but I do not see any parents mentioned (starts bottom left): https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=192358#192358,32263656

The probate extract reads:
105 Niels Jørgensen Daugaard i Klakring. 13.12.1828, side 242, 253.
E: Mette Sofie Christensdatter, 67 år. LV: Morten Christensen i Klakring. B: Knud 31 i Lindved, Niels 26, Maren g.m. Peder Jensen Falster i Klakring. Desuden afkald fra Hans Nielsen på sin hustrus vegne.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where I should look next to try to find his parents?

John Damm Sørensen

Hi,

I see children mentioned in the probate. Have you checked the witnesses when they were baptized? The grandparents might be among them.

This might be the father in Hornborg https://www.brejl.dk/fest.html:
280 Niels Jørgensen Daugaard fæster det hus i Hornborg, som hans far Jørgen Daugaard har afstået, 0 0 2 0 htk. 1.5.1770, fol.91B.

Best
John

John Damm Sørensen

Citat fra: John Damm Sørensen [1492] Dato 24 Nov 2017 - 13:49
Hi,

I see children mentioned in the probate. Have you checked the witnesses when they were baptized? The grandparents might be among them.

This might be the father in Hornborg https://www.brejl.dk/fest.html:
280 Niels Jørgensen Daugaard fæster det hus i Hornborg, som hans far Jørgen Daugaard har afstået, 0 0 2 0 htk. 1.5.1770, fol.91B.

Maybe not. The age doesn't fit.

/john

Yeah.  The age is off plus I am looking for a father by the name of Jorgen.

105 Niels Jørgensen Daugaard i Klakring. 13.12.1828, side 242, 253.
E: Mette Sofie Christensdatter, 67 år. LV: Morten Christensen i Klakring. B: Knud 31 i Lindved, Niels 26, Maren g.m. Peder Jensen Falster i Klakring. Desuden afkald fra Hans Nielsen på sin hustrus vegne.

Morten Christensen also known as Morten Samsing is the brother of Mette Sophie Christensdatter Samsing.  I am not clear yet as to how Hans Nielsen fits into this probate.

The children of the marriage are as follows (Mette Sophie was married 1st to Knud Mortensen)
Daughter Maren Nielsdatter Daugaard
31 Aug 1795 Klakring, Bjerre, Vejle, Denmark
Fød 31 aug - dom 19 Niels Daugårds og Mette Sophie Christensdatters barn Maren
No witnesses are mentioned

Son Knud Nielsen Daugaard
25 Jan 1798 Klakring, Bjerre, Vejle, Denmark
Hjemmedøbt 25 jan og d 3 søndag i faste i kirke frembåren Niels Daugårds og Mette Sofie Kristensdatters søn Knud, susc Ane Mortensdatter fra Daugård, test Peder Brøndum, Lars Nielsen lille Jens Falsters hustru og Knud Rasmussens datter Elisabeth

Ane Mortensdatter (born 22 Oct 1780) is possibly the niece of Niels Jorgensen Daugaard and child of Morten Pedersen and Kirsten Jorgensen Daugaard (possibly the older sister of Niels Jorgensen Daugaard).  Any Falsters mentioned are my relatives via my grandfather Jens Pedersen Falster.  I do not have a Knud Rasmussen in my tree with children that fit this timeframe so Elisabeth must be a friend?  I do not know who Peder Brondum is.

There is a possibility that the Ane Mortensdatter mentioned could be one of the following:
Anne Mortensdatter (Iversen) born 20 Nov 1757 and married to Rasmus Nielsen Falster OR
Anne Mortensdatter (Jorgensen) born 11 Apr 1757 and married to Christen Nielsen Falster OR
Anne Mortensdatter born around 1720 and possibly the mother of Mette Sophie Christensdatter Samsing but this mother is in doubt because of another discussion here: https://www.slaegtogdata.dk/forum/index.php/topic,130283.0.html

Son Jorgen Nielsen Daugaard
21 Dec 1800 Klakring, Bjerre, Vejle, Denmark
døbt 21 dec, dom sept Niels Daugårds og Mette Sofie Christensdatters søn Jørgen, båret i kirke af Knud Rasmussens datter Karen, faddere Jørgen Christensen, Kristen Rasmussen, Peder Ladefogeds og lille Jens Falsters hustru

Jorgen Christensen might be the older brother of Mette Sophie but I could not find a birth record that ties him to Mette's father Christen Jorgensen Samsing.  Karen, Knud Rasmussens datter must be a friend?  The on Christen Rasmussen Falster (born 17 Feb 1790) I have in my tree is the son of Rasmus Nielsen Falster and he would only be 10 at the time of baptism.  I do not know who Peder Ladefogeds is.

We had a discussion of the puzzle surrounding Jorgen Christensen (already included in the link above).

Son Niels Nielsen Daugaard
27 Feb 1803 Klakring, Bjerre, Vejle, Denmark
Døbt d 27 febr og dom 3 p pasch Niels Daugårds og hustru Mette Sofie Kristensdatters søn Niels, båren i kirke af Ane Sørensdatter fra Hornsyld, faddere lille Jens Falster, Anthoni Nielsen, Laue Mortensens hustru og Bendts datter fra Ny Ørum.

Ane Sorensdatter (born 27 Feb 1785) is probably the niece of Mette Sophie and child of Soren Sorensen and Karen Christensdatter Samsing but she would only be 18 at the time of the baptism.  Anthoni Nielsen is most likely Anthoni Nielsen Falster, my 5th great-uncle, born 30 Oct 1768.  Laue Mortensen is also known as Laurs and Lave is the surviving brother of Knud Mortensen and related to Mette Sophie by virtue of her first marriage to Knud who died in 1794.  I do not know who Bendts datter is.

Stillborn daughter Nielsen Daugaard
12 Nov 1805 Klakring, Bjerre, Vejle, Denmark
Fød og død d 12 nov Niels Daugårds datter der døde ¼ time efter fødselen.

So that is pretty much what I have to go on at this point.