Probate record for Karen Jensdatter and Thomas Christophersen

Startet af Linda Michelle Thérèsa de Bodt Rosenland, 25 Nov 2017 - 19:51

Forrige emne - Næste emne
Hello,

I have a probate record for Karen Jensdatter 17 Jan 1761 found here: https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=195008#195008,32649564

The extract says:
64 Karen Jensdatter i Klakring. 12.1.1761, side 250.
E: Thomas Christoffersen. B: Kirsten 15, Jens 13, Anne Marie 11, Christoffer 3, Anne Kirstine 6 mdr. FM: Niels Falster i Klakring, Jens Christensen i Hosby.

I am particularly interested in whether it mentions any parents for Karen and which Jens Falster acts as FM for the deceased?  I could not see a signature.  Does it say how Jens Christensen is related to the deceased?

Secondly, her husband's probate record for Thomas Christophersen 13 Oct 1763 found here: https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=195008#195008,32649585

His extract says:
75 Thomas Christoffersen i Strandhuse. 13.10.1763, side 292.
E: Maren Hansdatter. LV: Laurids Madsen i Klejs. Første ægteskab med [Karen Jensdatter], skifte 12.1.1761 lbnr.64. B: Kirsten 19, Jens 16, Anne Marie 12, Christoffer 5, Anne Kirstine 3. FM: Niels Falster i Klakring, Jens Christensen Bonde i Hosby.

And in this case it appears that Niels JENSEN Falster of Klakring signs in the bottom lower left of opslag 102/400.  I understood that the FM is the closest male relative to the deceased to act as guardian for her if she is unmarried or for her children if she is.  Niels Falster is brother-in-law by marriage to Thomas Christophersen because he is married to Thomas' sister Anne Christophersdatter.  Does it say how Jens Christensen is related to the deceased?

Any help is appreciated.

Inger Toudal

Please refer to https://www.slaegtogdata.dk/forum/index.php/topic,74919.msg690136.html#msg690136

A: arving/arvinger = heir/heirs
B: barn/børn = child/children
E: enke/enkemand = widow/widower
Fb: fæstebrev = copyhold document
FM: formynder = (children's, minor's, unmarried woman's) guardian
g.m.: gift med = married to
lbn.: løbenummer = serial number
mdr.: måneder = months
LV: lavværge = wife's/widow's guardian/spokesman
sst.: samme sted = same place

The "Formynder" is guardian for the children of the deceased (not necessarily, but very often a male relative).

In the 1763 probate, Niels Falster is guardian for the two sons, and Jens Christensen for the three daughters,
as their closest relatives "som deres nærmeste Slægt og Paarørende."

Best regards,
Inger Toudal
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Inger Toudal

I don't know if this is any help:

134 Karen Jensdatter i Hosby. 13.10.1773, side 506.
E: Jens Christensen Bonde. B: Anne Cathrine 32, Christen 28, Jens 22. Af første ægteskab B: Karen
Sørensdatter g.m. Søren Vase på stedet, Anne Sørensdatter g.m. Hans Jensen Kusk i Hosby.

- source: https://www.brejl.dk/bjerre.html#pals

Jens Christensen Bonde of Hosby is guardian in both the 1761 and the 1763 probate.

Best regards,
Inger
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Thanks Inger.  I misunderstood and thought it had to be a male guardian.

Jens Christiansen is probably related by marriage.  So I have him figured out.

I also found a sister of Karen Jensdatter named Anne and living with her niece Anne Kirstine Thomasdatter in Klakring in the 1801 Census.

I still do not know where Karen (born about 1720) or Anne (born about 1721) Jensdatters come from or who their parents are.  I checked the Klakring parish transcripts and found nothing from 1715-1725.

Ole Westermann

I do not agree with Inger about guardians.
Women could not be guardians in those days.

Ole

Inger Toudal

What I meant was that the guardian was always a male, but not necessarily a relative, even if this was very often the case.

Best regards,
Inger
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Citat fra: Inger Toudal [1655] Dato 26 Nov 2017 - 00:06

What I meant was that the guardian was always a male, but not necessarily a relative, even if this was very often the case.

Best regards,
Inger

Ahh, I see.  Thank you both for clearing that up for me.