Is this a confirmation record? I need first three lines translated to English.

Startet af Claude Anders Hanson, 03 Dec 2017 - 03:15

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Claude Anders Hanson

https://www.danishfamilysearch.com/sogn1818/churchbook/source138950/opslag15217483
This looks like it may be confirmations.  If so, I'd like someone to translate the first two and a half lines... I note two "Winds" names I am interested in.  Thanks, Claude

Christian Konstmann Autzen

Corpulation/married

Nr. 6. Den 16 oktober (1778)

Boelsmanden Peter Hansen Wind , ungkarl fra Lygum, fordum (= afdøde) boelsmanden Hans Wind og Boel født Laustes, ægte søn fra Lygum med Kiesten Peders, fordum (= afdøde) boelsmanden Jens Pedersen og Ancke født Hanses ægte datter i Kløying og Peter Sørensens kromands i Kløying efterlevende fader.

Greetings
Christian
Min slægt: Autzen, Konstmann, Nansen, Hegelund, Sønberg, Matzen, Schmidt, Kruse, Wolf. Min hustru's slægt: Mærsk, Fogh, Møller, Hark, Lund, Aaskou, Blom, Dethlefsen, Beyer, Troels Winther.

Claude Anders Hanson

Thanks Christian:  Gosh, at least in this entry I could read the names!  I actually need to learn how to translate a whole message like you wrote into English so I can understand what is going on.  I know it is possible because when my son was visiting he showed me how to do it...however; I am so forgetful...the whole process seems to have flown out the window!!  Thanks again for all the help you have given me in my efforts to better understand my past.  Claude

Claude Anders Hanson

I just translated the two lines you transcribed for me and I can't understand it.  Would you look at the entire entry and just tell me what the message is in English.  I can't tell who is dead and who is alive!  Woe is me!!!  Claude

Christian Konstmann Autzen

Hi Claude

I will try, but there seems to be something in the text:

Small farmer Peter Hansen Wind, bachelor of Lygum, former (= deceased) small farmer Hans Wind and Boel born Laustes, real son from Lygum with Kiesten (Kirsten) Peders, former (= deceased) small farmer Jens Pedersen and Ancke born Hanses real daughter in Kløying and Peter Sørensen's inn-owner (kro = inn) in Kløying still living father.

Kiesten (Kirsten) Peders normally would be called Kiesten (Kirsten) Jensdatter - as the daugther of Jens Pedersen and Ancke Hansdaughter), but here she is callede Peders; and this Peder then could be her husband or her stepfather.

Jens Pedersen is dead (= former) and therefore it could be in the meaning of Peter Sørensen, who could be Ancke's 2. husband. But Peter Sørensen could also be the father of Jens Pedersen, and still alive, as I may be seeing it - wrongly ?

You will have to check carefully.

Greetings
Christian

Min slægt: Autzen, Konstmann, Nansen, Hegelund, Sønberg, Matzen, Schmidt, Kruse, Wolf. Min hustru's slægt: Mærsk, Fogh, Møller, Hark, Lund, Aaskou, Blom, Dethlefsen, Beyer, Troels Winther.

Lynn Christiansen

Claude--

Literal translation:
Marriage:
No 6 the 16 October 1778
Smallholder Peter Hansen Wind, bachelor from Lygum, deceased Smallholder Hans Wind and Boel born Laustes, legitimate son from Lygum with Kiesten Peders, deceased Smallholder Jens Pedersen and Ancke born Hansen, legitimate daugther in Kløying and Peter Sørensen, innkeeper in Kløying the serviving father.

Englishized:

{Groom} Peter Hansen Wind, a bachelor and farmer from Lygum, the legitimate son of the deceased farmer Hans Wind and his wife Boel whose maiden name was Laustes, and who were also from Lygum married {Bride} Kiesten Peders, the legitimate daughter of the deceased farmer Jens Pedersen and Ancke, whose maiden name was Hansen, both from Kløying and Peter Sørensen an innkeeper in Kløying who was the serviving father.

Claude—I may be wrong and stand corrected if so, but it appears that the parents of Kiesten are Peter Sørensen and Ancke Hansen. Something happened and Ancke then married Jens Pedersen, who had passed away by the time that Peter Hansen Wind and Kiesten Peders{datter} married.

This would be my help with this.

Lynn
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Claude Anders Hanson

Thanks to both of you.  Actually when I ran across the names of Peter Wind and Hans Wind I was looking for this marriage in Vinblaes parish, Alborg parish, image 47, #3
https://www.danishfamilysearch.com/sogn146/churchbook/source130387/opslag13919257

I can almost read it.  I think it says Peter Christensen, 28 years old and Else Christensdatter, 38 years old and the daughter of Jens Jensen.  The witnesses were Jens Simonsen and Anders Christen  ?.  Would like someone to read the entry and make additions and corrections to my interpretation.  (seems like Else's father's given name should be Christen).  Thanks, Claude

Lynn Christiansen

Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Claude Anders Hanson

Thanks Lynn, I guess I got most of it okay.  Surprise!  Surprise!  Claude ::)