Need translation of entry #14, Harre parish, Viborg, Christen son of Peder

Startet af Claude Anders Hanson, 04 Dec 2017 - 20:33

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Claude Anders Hanson

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/billedviser?bsid=163465#163465,27455653

I would like someone to translate into English the entire entry #14 including the attendees.  I think it is for Christen Pedersen, the son of Peder Christensen and Else Christensdatter....I need to know any locations and the names of those who attended... so I try to determine if  this is the same Peder Christensen and Else Christensdatter whose marriage entry is a decade later.  Thanks so much, Claude

Jesper Skov

This is the family

Viborg, Harre, Harre, Dalstrup Bye, en Gaard, 44, FT-1834, C3815

Navn:    Alder:    Status:    Stilling i familien:    Erhverv:    Fødested:
Peder Christensen     51     Gift          Gaardmand      
Else Christensdatter     51     Gift          hans Kone      
Christen Pedersen     22     Ugift          deres Børn      
Anders Pedersen     14     Ugift          deres Børn      
Søren Pedersen     6     Ugift          deres Børn      
Inger Pedersdatter     17     Ugift          deres Børn      

Kind regards,

Jesper Skov

Claude Anders Hanson

Thanks Jesper! Thank goodness for helpers like you.  I had put a little too much confidence in the marriage of another couple with the same names in the county just north of Viborg...listed in "My Heritage"... I looked for clues and then always check the churchbooks to validate the information... and I had just accepted that information.  I was awfully happy that you found the marriage in the same parish of Christian's birth.  Now I have to find who the parents of Peder Christensen and Else Christensdatter are.  Unfortunately, I've been looking at the parents of the other 'Peder' and 'Else' couple.  Again, thank you very much... and if you have time and interest would you translate that whole marriage entry into English.  It may give a clue as to who their parents are.  Claude

Christian Konstmann Autzen

Hi Claude

MyHeritage = think of this as "rubbish", you will always have to check every information, and the only use of it is to give you a possibility, and nothing more. "Smart Match" is the devils work :D

To find the real people (your people), check also there death description. There are so many people in Denmark with the same name - including in the same parish.

Greetings
Christian
Min slægt: Autzen, Konstmann, Nansen, Hegelund, Sønberg, Matzen, Schmidt, Kruse, Wolf. Min hustru's slægt: Mærsk, Fogh, Møller, Hark, Lund, Aaskou, Blom, Dethlefsen, Beyer, Troels Winther.

Claude Anders Hanson

Thanks Christian - actually I KNOW I shouldn't trust 'My Heritage', however; apparently I sometimes suffer from severe brain drain!!!  I sometimes need a swift slap to bring me back to my senses. :o  Claude

Ole Westermann

Claude

The marriage 1811
D 8 Febr mødte Ungkarl Peder Kristensen >af Harre?< og Pigen Else Chri-
stens Datter af Bajlum* og begjærede sig aflyste af Præ(di)kesto-                  *in Hjerk parish
len. Underskrevne bevidnede med Hænders Underskrivt
at intet Loven eller Ritualet Modstridende kunde hin-
dre deres attraaede Ægteskab. Ægteviede d 28de Febr. s.A.
I Wolling Kirke fordi Brylluppet stoed hos Brudens Broder, Gaardmand s.St.
            Peder Sørensen Kaastrup        Bertel Nielssen
            Forlover for Brudgommen        Forlover for Bruden
---------------- translation
On Febr 8 met bachelor Peder Kristensen >of Harre?< and the girl Else Chri-
stens Datter of Bajlum* and requested proclamation from the pulpit.                 *in Hjerk parish
Below signing witnessed with hands signatures
that either the law nor conflicting the ritual could hin-
der their desired marriage. Married the 28th Febr. same year
in Wolling church because the wedding happened at the brother of the bride, farmer same place.
            Peder Sørensen Kaastrup        Bertel Nielssen
            Best man for the groom          Best man for the bride

Ole

Claude Anders Hanson

Ole:  Thank you so much.  Honestly, I was about to throw in the towel on this  family....I had made so many false starts.  As usual, you give me inspiration to continue.  Claude