Help with handwriting transcription

Startet af Ronald Michelsen, 30 Dec 2017 - 22:56

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Ronald Michelsen

I'm unable to read or translate the handwriting in a couple of church records and I'm hoping someone can help.

My grandfather Vilhelm Michelsen and several of his siblings were born in Radsted in the 1890s, and there are notations in the church records associated with their birth. I believe it has to do with the fact that their father, Mikkel Gotfred Michelsen, originally took the patronymic Mikkel Gotfred Hansen when he was born in 1847, but changed to using his father Hans Michelsen's surname at some point after that. The top 2 handwriting samples in the attached file show these notations.

The third sample is from a much earlier record in 1828, and I refers to Jens Michelsen. But there is a word in front of his name in a couple of the records that refer to him that I can't make out, shown in the bottom handwriting sample in the attached file.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Trine Nielsen

First two in front of Mikkelsen is "navnet" which means "the name". Basically just saying he got royal permission to change his name and the date it was done. Last says "skolelærer" which means "teacher".

Ronald Michelsen

Thank you much. Jens Michelsen was a schoolteacher according to several censuses so that makes sense.