Birth #9, image 37, left side #8, Seem Parish - Carolyn Andrea Johnsen - 1900

Startet af Claude Anders Hanson, 25 Jan 2018 - 16:45

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Claude Anders Hanson

https://www.danishfamilysearch.com/sogn1170/churchbook/source19939/opslag4021120o
Several months ago I found a second baptism for this child in Ribe parish.  Somehow, I can't find it again.  I am interested because it listed the child's grandmother, Carolyn Andrea Hansen as being present.  The grandmother was married first to Rasmus Johnsen, he died, and she married Peter Petersen in Bedsted parish, Aabenra.  This was the first time I found Carolyn Andrea Hansen after her marriage to Peter Petersen... and I have no idea what happened to Peter Petersen.  HELP!  Claude

Claude Anders Hanson

Ingar:  Thanks, would you mind translating the entry you  found where she is baptized.  I can understand it through the parents and the witness, who is Bodel, the sister of the father of the child.  Somehow, somewhere, I read an entry that made me think the baptism was at the home of the priest and not the church.  Also, I got the impression that the father's mother was living in city of Ribe.  She is the only sibling of my gggrandfather that I don't have information on where or when they died.  Here is what I know of her:  Carolyn Andrea Hansen, born in Skaerbaek in 1842 married Rasmus Johnsen and had two children - Anton, 2 and John 6 months - when the went to America in 1883 with two of her brothers.  Within two years they were back in Dostrup where two daughters were born - Carolyn Amalie in 1875 - and Bodel
Marie in 1881 - next I find the famiy in Bedsted a year or so later where their father Rasmus dies.  Their mother Carolyn Andrea marries Peter Petersen there in 1883 or 84.  Then I lose them all until I found John with the daughter here being born.  I have no idea what happened to the mother or her new husband.  And, I know I shouldn't write such a huge response!  Sorry, Claude

Christian Konstmann Autzen

Min slægt: Autzen, Konstmann, Nansen, Hegelund, Sønberg, Matzen, Schmidt, Kruse, Wolf. Min hustru's slægt: Mærsk, Fogh, Møller, Hark, Lund, Aaskou, Blom, Dethlefsen, Beyer, Troels Winther.

Inger Toudal

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17125792#167941,28203689 - top:

16 Jun. 1900, Varming, Seem parish, Ribe district. Caroline Andrea Johnsen.

Parents: Worker John Nissen Johnsen and wife Sidsel Marie Jensen of Varming [she's called Sidsel Marie Jensen Klit, 29 y, in the Seem church book].

Baptized by the parson 29 Jul. 1900 in the home at Skolegade, where the child is in temporary care.

Witnesses: The parents and Madam Bodil Kirstine Marie née Johnsen.

Baptism reported to Seem parish 29 Jul. 1900.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Caroline Andrea is living with her grandmother and two aunts at Skolegade in Ribe at the time of the 1901 census:

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=23422#23422,2702312

According to the census record, widow Caroline Andrea Petersen and her two daughters had moved from Døstrup to Ribe in 1898.

Best regards,
Inger
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Claude Anders Hanson

Thanks Ingar...your information confirms my thoughts that Carolyn Andrea Hansen (the grandmother) was living in or near Ribe!  Where did you find the census information?  And, now I just have to see what happened to Bodil and Carolyn who were living together in 1901.  I'm going to go back to Dostrup to see if I can find a death for Carolyn's husband Peter Petersens.  Or, perhaps he died in Bedsted and she took her kids and went back to her family parish of Dostrup.  Anyway, thanks to both of you for your help ;)  Claude

Inger Toudal

Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Claude Anders Hanson

Thanks Ingar - Would you transcribe what it says in column 12 on the census for Karoline, Amalie, and Bodil.   I'm still looking for clues that might help me understand what happened to them after 1901.  I know Amalie went to Kobenhaven and married in 1930 or 31.  Thanks, Claude

Inger Toudal

Karoline Andrea - Statskassefattig  'poor relief from the state'

Amalie Helene Kristine - Syerske  'dressmaker, seamstress'

Bodil Kristine Marie - Blomsterhandlerske  'florist'

- unfortunately, the death year of Karoline Andrea's spouse is not mentioned in column 16.

Best regards,
Inger
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Claude Anders Hanson

Thanks Ingar:  I learn a bit more with each correspondence!  Claude