Trying to find birth and death of Anton Johnsen b. 1871 or 72 in Dostrup?

Startet af Claude Anders Hanson, 02 Feb 2018 - 05:43

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Claude Anders Hanson

https://www.danishfamilysearch.com/sogn1814/churchbook/source138653/opslag15157554

I'm trying to find the birth of Anton Johnsen who is listed with his mother and father Rasmus Nissen Johnsen & Carolyn Andrea Hansen on the ships manifest when it leaves Hamburg, Germany and also when it arrives in New York on March 27, 1873.  It lists:  Rasmus Johnsen, Carolyn Johnsen, Anton 2, and John 6 months.  They stayed in the U.S. for a very short time because they had a daughter Carolyn Amalie Helene Christine Johnsen was baptised in Dostrup in early 1875.  Another child Bodil Marie Kjerstine Johnsen was also born there in 1877.  The son John Nissen Johnsen who was listed as 6 months was also baptised in Dostrup on 12 May 1872.  The marriage here cited is also in Dostrup in 1871.  I cannot find a baptism record or a death record in Dostrup for Anton.  Is there anything in the marriage record that might give a clue to where he might have been born.  Also, is it possible that Rasmus and Carolyn were married in another parish and also had it recorded in her home parish of Dostrup.  I don't know how to find the records of those traveling from New York to Hamburg ... so I don't know if Anton went back to Denmark with them.  Perhaps he died here.  Any help and suggestions will be appreciated.  Claude

Karsten Damén

Rasmus Nissen Johnsen died in Bedsted Parish, Aabenraa County, 19. July 1881
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/billedviser?bsid=200986#200986,38061038

Four living children are listed, but no Anton.

The last born boy, Anders Hansen Johnsen, died 19. Nov. same year.

Karsten

Claude Anders Hanson

Thanks!  I know, however I have the ships manifest leaving Hamburg and also arriving in New York in March 1773 with a two year old son
named Anton.  I should be able to find his birth recorded in or near Dostrup in 1870 or 1871.  But, I can't!!!   Claude