Translate Death Record, Toftlund, Haderslev, 1822, page 71 #3, Anders Hansen

Startet af Claude Anders Hanson, 04 Mar 2018 - 19:03

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Claude Anders Hanson

https://www.danishfamilysearch.com/sogn346/churchbook/source139117/opslag15246981

Would someone kindly translate to English the 4th columm?  I'm hoping it gives the names of Anders' parents.  If it is easy to read, would you also translate the last column.  I know it has something  to do with drowning in a stream.  Thanks, Claude

Ole Westermann

Died April 29, 1822
Anders Hansen - cottager, Clog maker and thatcher, living in Ørderup - in his 70th year - (nothing about parents or birth place)
He had by walking late from Arnum near the village fallen into a ditch, where he, though only with a small amount of water, but mud,
was found drowned and dead.

So this also gives his birth year ca 1751.

mvh Ole

Claude Anders Hanson

Thanks Ole!  As you can see I'm still trying to locate the parents of Anders.  I found a Hans Olufsen listed as a witness at the baptism of Anders oldest child....also found that he was born in the same village in about 1732...it is possible (but not probable) that he could be the father of Anders Hansen b. 1751 or 1752.... he would have been a witness for his grandson when he was about 51 years old.  Why I don't have a lower "I Give Up" threshold, I'll never know.!!  Claude