Please Help Find My Family - Reimath

Startet af bepositive, 17 Maj 2018 - 05:43

Forrige emne - Næste emne

bepositive

Hi everyone,
Thank you in advance for your help.

My name is Teresa, I live in Patea, South Taranaki, New Zealand.
I am looking for my Great Great Grandmothers family.
I would greatly appreciate any assistance in locating:
Family Members
Any copies/photos of any records
Shipping Information
Very Interested in any Family Photos Smiley

Mary Ann Reimath (born Reimath) ---> Marriages (Nielson) (Signal) (Rasmussen)

Born 1841-1925

Copenhagen, Kobenhagen, Denmark

Died september 26 1925

Patea, South Taranaki, New Zealand

Mary Ann's Father

William Reimath

Born ?

Denmark

Death?

Denmark

Mary Ann's Mother

Emily Sorrenson

Born?

Denmark

Death?

Denmark

Arne Møhler

I think we need a little more information in order to help you.

1. Are you sure that Mary Ann is her birth name - not Marie Anne - the Danish way?

2. Do you have a birth date - evt. from dead certificate?

3. Is she married in Denmark?

4. What do you mean with "(signal)"?

Nielson (or Nelson) is not a common Danish name but Niels is.

Rasmussen is a common family name.

Arne

Jørgen Sørensen

There is something on Geni, I do not have access.
The daughter and his wife are there
https://www.geni.com/people/William-Reimath/6000000042405201061
Venligst Jørgen - 2300

bepositive

Hi there,
I have very limited information on Mary Ann Reimath
She is buried here in New Zealand, and we have been able to find who her parents were, but beyond that, any records must be in Denmark as we are unable to locate any further information beyond her parents, or how she got to NZ.

She was born in Denmark in 1841

We believe she had her first marriage which must be where the Nielson name comes in.

Her second marriage was to my great grandfather Robert Signal 5th October 1875 in Wanganui, New Zealand.

Her third and final marriage was to Rasmus Rasmussen 29th June 1889 in Stratford, New Zealand.

She died September 26 1925 and is buried as Mary Ann Rasmussen in Patea, South Taranaki, New Zealand.

It is extremely likely that there is a varient to her birth name, and a possible english/NZ translation making this all the more difficult.
I've located all the information I can on the NZ family tree pages nd s with everyone else have come to a complete stop when we come to her parents or how she came to be in NZ.

I am terrible at googling information as I find all the varying information very confusing.
Was there any particular reason she may have come from Denmark to NZ between her birth year 1841 and her second marriage in 1875?

So the first variant is that she was born Reimath and her Father is William Reimath and mother is Emily Reimath (born Sorenson)

But another name has just popped up and there may be a record in Denmark for this name??
Brunger?
Mary Ann Brunger?
Father James Brungar, Mother Sarah Sophia Brungar (born Pile/ Pial)

Maybe Reimath was her first married name and Nielson has been accidentally picked up? Or visa versa?

I would appreciate any and all assistance as I'm really at a loss here in NZ as to where to look next.
Thanks in advance
Teresa

bepositive

Ok no there was some confusion on my part.
Elizabeth Brunger was my great Grandads first wife.
Apologies

Niels Just Rasmussen

This is the best I could find in the Danish emigration protocols:
A married family with two children.

Navn:   Nielsen, Ane Marie   Stilling:   Hustru
Alder:   33   Bestemmelsessted:   Ny Zeeland
Kontrakt nr.:   367200   Forevisningsdato:   19-05-1873
Sidste oph.sogn:   Kastrup   Sidste oph. amt:   Præstø
Sidste oph.sted:   Kastrup, Præstø   Bestemmelses land:   New Zealand
Bestemmelses by:   ?   Bestemmelses stat:   ?
Skibsnavn:   Indirekte
IDkode:   I7374N0714

Navn:   Nielsen, Rasmus   Stilling:   Landmand
Alder:   34   Bestemmelsessted:   Ny Zeeland
IDkode:   I7374N0713

Navn:   Nielsen, Rasmine   Stilling:   Barn
Alder:   07   Bestemmelsessted:   Ny Zeeland
IDkode:   I7374N0715

Navn:   Nielsen, Pouline           Stilling:   Barn
Alder:   03   Bestemmelsessted:   Ny Zeeland
IDkode:   I7374N0716

Source: http://ddd.dda.dk/udvandrer/udvandr_soeg.asp?navn=&stilling=&alder=&sidste_oph_sted=&s_sogn=&s_oph_amt=&best_by=&best_stat=&best_land=New+Zealand&kontraktens_nr=367200&aar=&maaned=

Mary Ann is not a Danish name. The combination Ane/Anne Marie is much more common than the weird sounding Marie Anne [it could have just been reversed when "anglified"].
Ane Marie Nielsen is 33 years when emigrating in 1873 - that is quite close to the year 1841 you gave.
This family is from Kastrup in southern Sjælland [Zealand], so not close to Copenhagen, though.
She is married the first time in Denmark, and has the time for her first husband to die [or divorce] and remarry in 1875.
Her maiden name is not given in the protocol, so it could potentially be "Reimath"

So try to find her in the New Zealand immigration a couple of months later in 1873 and see if you can follow her track to confirm if it's her or not.  

Niels Just Rasmussen

Found the marriage of Pauline Nielsen in Kastrup parish in 1869.
Born: 15. november 1869.
Full Name: Pauline Mette Marie Nielsen.
Father: Rasmus Nielsen.
Mother: Ane Marie Hansen. [so we have her maiden name].
Source: https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17116526#152513,25391557

So no "Reimath" or the like in her name, sadly.  

The family's immigration to Canterbury, NZ is here [20. september 1873]:
Source (bottom): https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-XH29-1PN?i=7&cc=1609792

bepositive

Niels Just Rasmussen
Thank you so much!!!
I will look for these dates and details, thank you so much for stopping to help me.

Can you help with this?
Translation.

Navn:   Name  Stilling: ?
Alder:   Age   Bestemmelsessted: ?
Kontrakt nr.:   Contact Number   Forevisningsdato:   ?
Sidste oph.sogn: ?  amt:  ?
Sidste oph.sted:  ?,?   Bestemmelses land:   Land in which they were going to?
Bestemmelses by:   ?   Bestemmelses stat:   ?
Skibsnavn:  ?
IDkode:   I7374N0714 ID code

So Rasmus Nielsen being her husband, and Rasmine and Pouline her two children, fascinating, I'll see if I can trace Rasmus' death details over here also thank you so much!! This might just be the link we needed.
Youre amazing!

bepositive

Niels Just Rasmussen

I've just read your second message  :o thank you so much!
Im actually crying that I can now start that search. You are such a wonderful person for helping me!!!!#
Thank you

Niels Just Rasmussen

Citat fra: bepositive [57229] Dato 18 Maj 2018 - 21:38
Niels Just Rasmussen
Thank you so much!!!
I will look for these dates and details, thank you so much for stopping to help me.

Can you help with this?
Translation.

Navn:   Name  Stilling: ?
Alder:   Age   Bestemmelsessted: ?
Kontrakt nr.:   Contact Number   Forevisningsdato:   ?
Sidste oph.sogn: ?  amt:  ?
Sidste oph.sted:  ?,?   Bestemmelses land:   Land in which they were going to?
Bestemmelses by:   ?   Bestemmelses stat:   ?
Skibsnavn:  ?
IDkode:   I7374N0714 ID code

So Rasmus Nielsen being her husband, and Rasmine and Pouline her two children, fascinating, I'll see if I can trace Rasmus' death details over here also thank you so much!! This might just be the link we needed.
Youre amazing!

Just so you know we can't be certain it is her, since she is only called Ane Marie Hansen at the baptism of Pauline......
It's just the best fit I could find, but if she travelled from a german port for instance she wouldn't be in the Danish protocols....

Name   Position [Hustru = Wife, Landmand = Farmerm, Barn = Child]
Age      Destination (they want to go to).
Contract number   Date of showing papers [I assume going on the boat]
Last Parish stayed.  Last "Amt" stayed [greater area]
Last Place stayed    Destination Country.
Destination Town.   Destination State.
Name of Ship.
ID Code

Niels Just Rasmussen

There is another possibility.
An early immigration to New Zealand in 1858, so before the Danish protocols.
BUT she is 10 years to old.

Arrival in Canterbury, NZ: 21. september 1858 [number 3 on the page].
P.L. Nielsen. Saddler.
Anna Maria Nielsen. Wife 29 years [so that is born 1829]
Frederica Maria
Christina
Source: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-68Y9-6HV?i=10&cc=1609792

Sadly they don't state from where in Denmark they are from.

Inger Toudal

The family that emigrated in May 1873:

Præstø, Hammer, Kastrup, Nedervindinge By, 1 Huus F2, 141, FT-1870, D6416
Name:     Age:     Marital status:     Position in household:     Occupation:     Birth place:
Rasmus Nielsen     31     G      Huusf [Husfader]      Arbmd [Arbeidsmand]      Vborg Lds [Vordingborg Landsogn ]  
Ane Marie Hansen     30     G      Huusmoder og      Hustru      Udby S [Sogn], Præstø Amt  
Rasmine Lucie Emma Nielsen     4     U      Barn            Kallehave S [Kalvehave Sogn], Præstø Amt  
En Udøbt Pige     !!     U      Barn            Her i S [Her i Sognet]  

Marriage 27 Dec. 1864: https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17116455#152364,25358557 - No 16

Præstø, Baarse, Ørslev, Ørslev sogn, nr. 23, fattighuset, 38. fam., FT-1850, B7101
Name:     Age:     Marital status:     Position in household:     Occupation:     Birth place:
Mette Christensdatter     38     Enke(mand)            almisselem      her i sognet, Ørslev  
Karen Hansdatter     15     Ugift            hendes børn      her i sognet, Ørslev  
Christen Hansen     13     Ugift            hendes børn      her i sognet, Ørslev  
Ane Marie Hansdatter     11     Ugift            hendes børn      Udbye, Præstø amt  
Hans Pedersen     6     Ugift            hendes børn      her i sognet, Ørslev  

Ane Marie's confirmation 1854: https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17120019#159275,26779545 - No 2

Birth record 23 Dec. 1839: https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17119433#158112,26550721 - No 8
- parents: Hans Andersen and Mette Christensdatter.

Best regards,
Inger Toudal
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Niels Just Rasmussen

That is problematic that her mother is Mette Christendatter and not ?Emilie? [Emily] Sørensdatter [Sørensen] and from the confirmation information the father is Hans Andersen.

Checking the name-combinations Ane Marie/Maria, Anne Marie/Maria, Johanne Marie/Maria, Marianne, Mariane she is still the only real good fit agewise in the danish immigration protocols.  
[A few others are also fairly close, but all from Jutland and they would hardly say they were from "Copenhagen"?].

bepositive

But could that be right seeing as Poulines middle name is Mette?

Full Name:Pauline Mette Marie Nielsen.

bepositive

I have found this but am not sure of it's relevance as I can't translate the language or the writing lol

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-994C-HS5W?i=158&cc=2078555

Inger Toudal

In Danish records, I find the surname Reimuth, e.g. here in Copenhagen:

København, København (Staden), Nørre Kvarter, Teglgaardsstræde, Gaarden nr. 195, Forhuset, Stuen, 242 F1, FT-1840, C9480
Name:     Age:     Marital status:     Position in household:     Occupation:   
Margrethe Egeroed     39     Enke            Haandarbeide       
Dorthea Egeroed     17     Ugift            hendes Datter       
Emil Reimuth     22     Ugift            Stud. theol., Logerende       
Gollich Strøm     21     Ugift            Stud. theol., Logerende         

København, København (Staden), Klædebo Kvarter, Store Fiolstræde 206-7, 3. Sal, 968, FT-1845, C2788
Name:     Age:     Marital status:     Position in household:     Occupation:     Birth place:
Laura Meyer     39     Enke            Enke efter Universitets Pedel Meyer      Jylland 
Charlotte Meyer     6     Ugift            Datter      Kjøbenhavn 
Sabine Jessen     26     Ugift            Tjenestepige      Christianshavn 
August Carl Christian Købke     23     Ugift            Cand. Juris. egne Midler      Odense 
Jens Christian Emil Reimuth     26     Ugift            Stud. Theol. Informator      Kiel

Perhaps Mary Ann was born out of wedlock?

Best regards,
Inger
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

bepositive

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/TH18880703.2.15?end_date=21-10-1925&phrase=2&query=mary+signal&start_date=01-05-1820&title=HNS%2COPUNT%2CPATM%2CSTEP%2CTDN%2CTH&type=ARTICLE

This is 100% the Mary who is my Great great grandmother, and in this article it says she is widowed with 5 children!
This is when she was married to my great great grandfather Robert Signal. She married Rasmus Rasmussen after this so I have narrowed down her second marriage but no certain links prior to the signal marriage still

bepositive

I really think this one is close possible, it says Ann Marie but I cant see the writing to find an age for either of them?
Can anyone see the age for them by looking at the original document please??

https://www.familysearch.org/search/record/results?count=20&query=%2Bgivenname%3A%22ane%20marie%22~%20%2Bbirth_place%3Adenmark~%20%2Bspouse_givenname%3Arasmus~%20%2Bspouse_surname%3Anielsen~

bepositive

how do I delete my rambling posts  ???

bepositive

Citat fra: Verner Bentsen [62] Dato 19 Maj 2018 - 07:48
Here is another Rasmus Nielsen

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/178671435

I was very excited by that, :( only theyre buried together which means that might just be a dead end, as my ane marie/ mary ann went on to marry twice more and be buried as a Mary Ann Rasmussen

Verner Bentsen

Is this your Mary and Rasmus ? Then Rasmus was  born in 1850

Attached Patea Burials

bepositive

Citat fra: Verner Bentsen [62] Dato 19 Maj 2018 - 11:07
Is this your Mary and Rasmus ? Then Rasmus was  born in 1850

That's correct,
This is Rasmus Rasmussen, Mary Ann's (apparently) 3rd and final husband.

All I can find of Mary Ann is that 100% she was Married to my great great Grandad Robert Signal because that's where I came from, Newspaper clippings confirm scandal involving her Signal children and Rasmus Rasmussen and confirms they were married, so these two facts I can guarantee.
But beyond that, all I can consistantly locate in family trees or family searches is her by two other names, either Mary Ann Reimath, or Mary Ann Nielsen. Neither of which have come up fruitful apart from the first hint that was given in this link.

Inger Toudal

Citat fra: Verner Bentsen [62] Dato 19 Maj 2018 - 07:48

Here is another Rasmus Nielsen https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/178671435

- it would seem, that this is the couple emigrating in 1873.

Rasmus Nielsen's confirmation 1853: https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17116455#152361,25358118 - No 28
- born 29 Dec. 1838

Birth record: https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17119879#159022,26732841 - No 48

Præstø, Baarse, Kalvehave, Steensby, nr. 15, et hus, 17. fam., FT-1850, B7094
Name:     Age:     Marital status:     Position in household:     Occupation:     Birth place:
Niels Pedersen     50     Gift            daglejer      i sognet, Kallehave  
Kirsten Rasmusdatter     45     Gift            hans kone      i sognet, Kallehave  
Rasmus Nielsen     12     Ugift            deres barn      Vordingborg, Præstø amt  

Citat fra: bepositive [57229] Dato 18 Maj 2018 - 00:02

Her second marriage was to my great grandfather Robert Signal 5th October 1875 in Wanganui, New Zealand.

- at the marriage 1875, is there any mentioning of her marital status? Single, widow, divorced?

Maybe we should look for a Reimuth born in Copenhagen?

Best regards,
Inger
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal