Trying to understand Documents

Startet af Lynn Christiansen, 21 Maj 2018 - 18:01

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lynn Christiansen

Via Google Search I have come across a couple of documents that contain information on individuals with the same name as my 5th great grandfather, Peter Jensen Monstrup, possibly his father, Jens Pedersen Monstrup, and possibly a brother, Christen Jensen Monstrup. But with my limited understanding I am not sure of what the information means and if it does relate to my relatives.

The first document is located at: http://www.arkivthy.dk/images/kildevaeld/Sigrid/register.PDF.
What is this Register and what do the column headings of Fæsteår {Birth year?} and the last column with no heading mean?

Christen Jensen Monstrup is located on page 53
Jens Pedersen Monstrup is found twice on page 56, if the last column is age, then there are two Jens Pedersen Monstrups. one age 9, and the other age 32
Peder Jensen Monstrup on page 60

The second document is located at: http://www.arkivthy.dk/images/kildevaeld/Sigrid/%C3%98sterild.pdf
What is this document? Google translate indicates: Farmers at Kølbygård and Vesløsgårds estate.
What do the column heading mean? Is there a place one can look up the abbreviations?

fæstebr. =
fæster =
f. ca. =
skifte =
nævnt i andre skifter m.v. =
forr. æster =
aarsag + bet. =

I have located the following individuals on the indicated pages:
Chr Jensen Monstrup on page 2
Jens Pedersen Monstrup page 10
Peder Jensen Monstrup e. Anne Anderst. Bunde also page 10 {my 5th great grandparents-I believe, the names are the same}
Peder Jens Monstrup on page 20, I believe this is him as the spouse of Anne the daughter of Anders Peders Bonde
Jens Pedersen Monstrup {spouse? Maren Pedersdt?} Is this a different Jens Pedersen Monstrup that is listed on page 10?
Another Jens Pedersen Monstrup is listed the next entry down. Is this the same one?
Christian Jensen Monstrup on page 43. Is this the same one listed on page 2?

Any help and insight as to the meaning of these two documents would be greatly apprciated...

Thank you....

RIN 22645

Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Ole Westermann

Hi Lynn

Its a register of tenants at the estates.
The last column probably refers to the page in the the protocol for the actual years (and not to any age).

Fæsteår - year of tenure
fæstebr. = fæstebrev - deed of tenure
fæster = tenant/copyholder
f. ca. = born ca.
skifte = probate
nævnt i andre skifter m.v. = mentioned in other probates etc.
forr. fæster =  (forrige fæster) former tenant/copyholder
aarsag + bet. = reason + probably ' betingelser' - conditions

Fæstebonde is the same as Fæster, see above;  bonde - farmer/peasant
The document contains names on their wives and children (prob. taken from probates)

Just now I don't have time to look closer on the names.

Ole

Lynn Christiansen

Thanks Ole. This is a big help in understanding the document.

Again, thanks.

Helmer Christiansen

Your second document has interesting information from the cadastral surveys of 1664 and 1688 (M. 1664 and M. 1688).
Name of landowner and user of the farm. Value of the property measured i tønder hartkorn (hk., barrels of hard grain (barley, rye, wheat)).

Jens Pedersen Monstrup's and Peder Jensen Monstrup's farm: Østerild, en gård i Sønderby, hk. 2.6.3.1., senere tillagt [later added] 1.2.3.3., ialt [total] 4.0.2.0., Møllergård [farm with a mill]

1 tønde hartkorn (Td.hk.)= 8 skæpper hk. (Skp.hk.) = 32 fjerdingkar hk. (Fjk.hk.) = 96 album hk. (Alb. hk.)
2.6.3.1 = 2+6/8+3/32+1/96 Td.hk.

According to Regulation of 24 December 1760 ordinary peasant farms payed an annual tax of 1+84/96 Rix Dollars per Td. hk.
Helmer Christiansen
2000 F

Lynn Christiansen

Helmer---Thank you for some insight as to what some of the entries mean.

I am still trying to get set in my own mind what information I now have at hand.