Can someone help with "Schouborg"?

Startet af Sharon Allen, 26 Maj 2018 - 01:48

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Sharon Allen

Can anyone help with "Schouborg"?  The last line of the record babtism record below speaks of the mother's sister Else Jensdatter Schouborg.  Is Schouborg a place in Denmark?  On the 1787 Census [http://www.ddd.dda.dk/asp/alle_opl.asp] Else's sister Zidsel Jensdatter is living in Schougaard.  Is this the same place? Thank you!

Sharon

Jens Simonsen Birth / Baptism 1789 Ulfborg, Skodborg, Ringkøbing, Denmark
https://www.danishfamilysearch.com/sogn1331/churchbook/source165714/opslag19550784

15de Søndag efter Trinit. d. 20 Septembr var et Uægte Barn
til Kirke af Zidsel Jens Datters af Ulfborg, og blev
kaldet JENS. Dens Fader blev udlagt at være Jens
Jensen Schreder fra Stabye, Land Soldat; Baaren af
Niels Bierghs Hustrue i Kyttrup; Faddere, Anders Foldkier,
Anders Westergrds Karl Mathias Christensen, Peder Tranflods Karl
Jens Nielsen, Niels Biergs Pige, og Barnets Moster Else
Jens Datter Schouborg. -
   -------------------
15th Sunday after Trinit. the 20th of September an illegitimate child was
to chuch (of) Zidsel Jensdatter in Ulfborg, and was
named JENS. The putative father was Jens
Jensen tailor from Stabye, Land Soldier; carried by
Niels Biergh's wife in Kyttrup;Witnesses, Anders Foldkier,
Anders Westergaard's farm hand Mathias Christensen, Peder Tranflod's farm hand
Jens Nielsen, Niels Bierg's maid, and the mothers sister Else Jensdatter Schouborg. –

Christian Konstmann Autzen

Schougaard or Skovgaard or Skovgård = surely a name on a farm (=gård) and therefore "a place". And "skov" is the same as a wood or a forrest, and Skovgaard vil be a farm placed in or near at a wood or forrest.

And the place called "Skovgaard" or "Skovgård" are situated in many places in Denmark.

There will be many persons with the name Skovgaard. In Denmark there are 1.623 persons with the surname (family name) "Skovgaard" and 112 with the surname "Skovgård".

Greatings
Christian
Min slægt: Autzen, Konstmann, Nansen, Hegelund, Sønberg, Matzen, Schmidt, Kruse, Wolf. Min hustru's slægt: Mærsk, Fogh, Møller, Hark, Lund, Aaskou, Blom, Dethlefsen, Beyer, Troels Winther.

Sharon Allen

Hans Chr. Baagøe

The farm Schougaard in the census from 1787 was located South West of the old Ulfborg, close to Staby parish.

There is a location with the name Schouborg in Arnborg South of Herning, but I don't think that Else was there in 1789, because I guess that she was serving in Ulborg Praestegaard in 1787 and Arnborg is possible too far away from Ulfborg.

All information on selected person

Year:    FT-1787   Source reference:   Microkort nr.560 s.163   
Cadastre/Address:   Ulfborg Præstegaard   
Household No:   1.Familie   
Name:   Else Jensdatter      Gender:   K   
Position in household:   Tjenestepige   
Parish:    Ulfborg   District:    Ulfborg
Shire:    Ringkøbing
Source entry No:    C1688   Record No.:    39
All members of the household

Name:     Age:     Married?:     Pos. in household:     Occupation:     BirTD place:
Janus Carl Schou     45     Gift      Husbond      Præst       
Ingeborg Margrethe Andrup     20     Gift      Madmoder             
Anne Catrine Øllgaard     1     Ugift      Barn af 2.ægteskab             
Niels Thomsen     32     Ugift      Tjenestekarl             
Poul Christensen     24     Ugift      Tjenestekarl             
Jens Budersen     16     Ugift      Tjenestekarl             
Jeppe Rasmussen     13     Ugift      Tjenestedreng             
Maren Christensdatter     32     Ugift      Tjenestepige             
Else Jensdatter     23     Ugift      Tjenestepige             
Christiane Jensdatter     29     Ugift      Tjenestepige             
Karen Christensdatter     29     Ugift      Tjenestepige             

Hans Chr. Baagøe

Ole Westermann

A supplement:

Census 1787 in Ulfborg
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=1453#1453,65481 and next page
says that in a place named Sønderkiær are 12 families in all, and in the 9th family is
Sissel Jens Datter, maid, 22 yo, unmarried.
Family 8-12 seem to live in SCHOUGAARD (Skovgaard).
So maybe Schouborg could be a mishearing of Schougaard.
There is no place in the census called Schouborg.
--------
Among the confirmations is at https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=168305#168305,28264290
is in 1785 nr 19: Else Marie Jensdatter Skouborg
But she is the only one with this 'surname' among all of them.
So maybe it has been brought to the parish from somewhere else.

Ole

Sharon Allen

Thank you both, Hans & Ole.  I haven't been able to find a birth place for Zidsel.  I'll try to locate Else in other censuses - maybe I'll get lucky.  By the way, what is the Praestegaard?

Sharon

Sharon Allen

Ole,

Was Else Marie Jensdatter's confirmation in Ulfborg?

Sharon

Sharon Allen

Oh, wait she was baptised in Råsted, Ringkøbing, Denmark. Is Frauborg (if I'm reading that right) a place in Råsted, Ringkøbing, Denmark?

Ole Westermann

A præstegaard is a vicarage.

Ulfborg and Raasted parishes had common vicar, see https://wiberg-net.dk/1249-Ulvborg.htm
so the confirmations changed between Ulfborg and Raasted church with young people from both parishes.
Else Marie Jensdatter had her confirmation i Raasted in 1785, but that does not necessarily mean, that she was born there.

Hans Chr. Baagøe

I found in a probate from Sindinggaard Gods that Schouborg was located close to the church in Ulfborg:
http://ao.salldata.dk/vis1.php?bsid=197144&side=135

91 Christen Nielsen Smed i Karlsmose i Sinding sogn. 17.8.1772, fol.174B.
E: Sidsel Bertelsdatter. LV: Morten Pedersen i Sinding Mølle. B: Henrik, smed i Ørrevad, Anne Margrethe 31, Anne 21, Niels i Skovborg ved Ulfborg Kirke, Christen i Lind i Rind sogn, Jens i Karlsmose, Karen g.m. Poul Bertelsen Junge i Vinding sogn, Bertel i København, datter, død, var g.m. Jens Jensen i Sinkbæk i Flynder sogn.

I don't know if the mentioned Niels Christensen has anything to do with Your ancestors. In 1787 he was married to Anna Pedersdatter, and she was in her second marriage.

When was Else/Zidsel baptised, and what was the name of her father?

Hans Chr. Baagøe

Sharon Allen

Ole - you're correct.  I should have said confirmation, not baptism. She was confirmed in Råsted, Ringkøbing, Denmark. On the record it mentions Frauborg (if I'm reading that right). Is Frauborg a place in Råsted, Ringkøbing, Denmark?

[https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=168305#168305,28264290]

Hans - "When was Else/Zidsel baptised, and what was the name of her father?" Zidsel Jensdatter & Else Jensdatter were sisters. Zidsel was born abt. 1763 and Else was born abt. 1764.  I do not know where either was born or baptized or the names of their parents, other than there father would have been Jens something.

Can you please tell me what the probate from Sindinggaard Gods says?  [http://ao.salldata.dk/vis1.php?bsid=197144&side=135]  I'm not sure if there is any relationship to Christen Nielsen Smed at this time.

Thank you both for all the help!

Sharon

Hans Chr. Baagøe

The probate tells that Christen Nielsen Smed was dead in Karlsmose, Sinding parish.
Widow: Sidsel Bertelsdatter. Children: Henrik, blacksmith in Ørrevad; Anne Margrethe 31 years old; Anne 21, Niels living in Schouborg near Ulfborg Church, Christen living in Lind in Rind parish (South of Herning); Jens in Karlsmose; Karen married to Poul Bertelsen Junge in Vinding parish; Bertel in Copenhagen, a daugther is dead she was married to Jens Jensen in Sinkbæk, Flynder parish.

It was because you wrote "Oh, wait she was baptised in Råsted, Ringkøbing, Denmark." I asked for when she was baptised and her fathers name, because I could not find it in Ulfborg or Raasted parish.

At no. 19 it says "Skouborg", The "S" and the "k" is only a little too close together, the samt at no. 2 "Skiærum"

It was only to tell, that Skouborg could be in Ulborg parish, I showd the probate from Sinding. But it gives also the information, that Skouborg is not the same as Schougaard, because Schougaard was not at the church, but in what today is Ulfborg after the railway was build.

Hans Chr. Baagøe