Hjælp tilbydes for at finde slægt i Norge

Startet af Litta Olsen, 10 Okt 2010 - 19:24

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Jack Frost

The name "Frederich Bohm" is preceded by the word "father" and the name "Enget Linsman" is followed by the words "mother of the child, Frederich Bohm".

Is this common in other entries?

Ole Westermann

Heading of the column in translation: Parents names, position, profession and address

The text in this:
Hanne Kirstine Hansen
til Barnefader
opgav Gartner Fre-
derik Böhm i Laurvig
sig selv. Født paa
Orrerød.
  in translation:
Hanne Kirstine Hansen
for putative father
gave gardener Fre-
derik Böhm in Laurvig
himself. Born at
Orrerød.

And so it is !! And both parents were among the witnesses at the confirmation of the baptism Dec.2

Jack Frost

Thanks, but I'm still confused.

Are you saying that Hanne Kirstine Hansen is the biological mother and Frederich Bohm is the reputed or suspected biological father of the child Frederich?  And, since they were not married the child is illegitimate?

The other couple (Linman?) are just witnesses and have no biological connection to the child?

Why do you say both "parents" are present?  Do you just mean both "couples"?  "Parents" suggest they are father and mother to the child named Frederich.

Also, Svend Frederich Bohm was born in Denmark, maybe Copenhagen, not Orreod.  Is Orreod in Norway?  Plus the name of the person who officiated the baptism at home is also named Orreod?

Finally, why is "mother of the child" inserted after Enge Linsman's name?

I appreciate your help.  I only understand the English language.

Ole Westermann

Quest. 1 - Yes   
Quest. 2 - No
With both parents I mean father and mother.
Svend Friderich Böhme was born ultimo dec.1779 in Kraghave in Tingsted p. on Falster.
Orrerød (if that's the correct name) is a farm in Sandar parish.
The person on Orrerød who performed the baptism on Oct.31 there was called Mari.

The witnesses to all baptisms/baptism confirmations in church start with 2 women
- one carrying the child, the other carrying the christening cap. The rest are usually men.

By the way - I think I found Svend Friderich Bøhme in 1801
København, Hof & Militæretaten, Kasernen (the barrack) i Sølvgade (Kronpr. Reg.), 1900, FT-1801, A5020
Andreas Joseph      27      Gift      huusbonde      Musqueter       
Margrethe Sonnie      30      Gift      hans Kone             
Andreas Sørensen      34      Ugift            Corporal       
Frederik Bøhm      20      Ugift            Corporal 

And in same census I found a journeyman grocer (urtekræmmersvend) named Ulrik Frederik Böhme, age 26.
I saw him in Larvik around 1816-20 having a child baptized, and among the witnesses was a Fr. Böhme !!

They prob. knew eachother from København. Any relations ???

Jack Frost

Thanks.  That's a good candidate for Svend Frederik Bohm in the 1801 Census.  He didn't move to Norway until 1810.  I don't know if the other Bohme is a relative.  Frederich Bohm, born 1815, did have a son Hans Lund Bohm is was named after a clergyman. 

As for the character of Svend, his grandson Johan F. Bohm wrote:
"Kjøbenhavneren», min farfar, var en velaktet mann i byen, men han var ingen gudfryktig mann. Han stolte først og fremst på seg selv, sin gode helbred og sin sterke legemsbygning.

As mentioned before he Svend seemed to have a good relationship with royalty, so maybe he had freedom to act as he wanted to.

But, I still don't understand this:
Finally, why is "mother of the child" inserted after Enge(bert?) Linsman's name?

Ole Westermann

To your last question: One carried the child, the other the christening cap. That's all.

Jack Frost

Thanks.  I think I finally understand. 

The most important thing for me is who is my Bohm blood relation and where they were born. 

What you have found seems to confirm that my blood line does indeed follow Johan F. Bohm (Norway) to Frederich Bohm (Norway) to Svend Frederich Bohm (Denmark) to Johann Gottlieb Bohme (Germany). 

I think it's likely Svend Friedrich was married to his unidentified first wife when his son Frederich was born in 1815 out-of-wedlock, and he got divorced sometime between 1815 and 1820 when he married his second wife, and the mother of his son Frederich, Anne Kirstine Hansen.  To my knowledge, Frederich is the only child born to Svend.   

Ole Westermann

Do you have any papers etc. about Svend Frederiks employment as gardener in Larvik 1810 ?
I am trying to produce a CV for JGB and his family.

Jack Frost

There's the letter that John F. Bohm wrote.  It contains some details about Svend's experience as a gardener in Larvik.  His letter was published in the book, "Larvik and villages, people and profession" by FM Hesselberg.

I have copies in a Word document in Norwegian and in English. 

Ole Westermann

You are wellcome to send it by mail to me at ole.w@mail.dk

Erling Steen

Jeg vil gerne søge om lidt hjælp fra Norge.  ;)
 Det drejer sig om en Anne Marie Neerdahl ( også kaldet nogle gange Anne Marie Josephsen ). Hun er muligvis født i København : forældre Anders Josephsen  /  Maria Christine Soetmann   i 1768
 https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17116049#151556,25187018
ved bryllup 1787  hedder hun Neerdahl, ved begravelsen 1833 hedder hun Neerdahl ( enke efter Jørgen Larsen Bruun ) og ved hendes første børn hedder hun også Neerdahl, men senere kaldes hun for Josephsen ( også ved folketælling ).

Kan man hjælpe mig med om en hr. Anders Josephsen kommer fra et distrikt med navnet Neerdahl - så jeg kan forstå " forvirringen" mellem hendes navne : Neerdahl /  Josephsen ? Eller er der en anden sammenhæng ?

På forhånd tak.

Jack Frost

Two baptism listings for Frederich Bohm:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QHK-Q3PP-76LR?view=index&action=view
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QHK-93PP-768F?view=index&action=view

The dates and cities are identical, although it's clearly two separate entries in the books. Both are marked with asterisks.

Why two listings?

Why the asterisks?

Is there anything different between the two listing?

Ole Westermann

Why two listings?
From 1814 all entrancies should be made in 2 books - Hovedministerial- and Kontraministerial Book.
So one book was left, if the other one burned up in a fire.
One written by the vicar, the other by the parish clerk.

Why the asterisks?
Looking around in the book all baptisms of an illegimate child got an * - so Frederich was illegitimate !

Is there anything different between the two listing?
Close to identical, but the second one easier to read.

Jack Frost

Ole Westermann

In Norway the books are called Ministerialbok and Klokkerbok.