Transcription and Translation for Anna Sophia Staats Ahlmann

Startet af Rhonda Staskow, 26 Aug 2018 - 20:19

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Rhonda Staskow

Hello

In the following link for the birth record of Carl Michael Hermann Ahlmann (No. 21 for the 20th of March)- There is a note in the far right margin which I believe discusses the  death of his mother, Anna Sophia Staats Ahlmann. The dates for April 15th are mentioned in the margin note which correspond to her death in Bremen which I found reported in the Hamburger Nachrichten.

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/en/billedviser?bsid=201296#201296,38125443

http://www.theeuropeanlibrary.org/tel4/newspapers/issue/3000117644345?hp=6&page=6&query=%22sophie+ahlmann%22

If I could please have a transcription and translation for the notes.

Kind regards,

Rhonda

Ole Westermann

I make it in oneliners:

Forældre:
Hans Ahlmann, Skibscap. p. T. i China >nu død< og H. Sophie 35.

Faderen er som Skibscapitain i China. Hans Hustrue var hos ham, men begav sig fra China over New-York til Hjemmet.
Barnet fødtes paa Søen paa Dampskibet Hermann mellem New-York og England en Dags Reise i Søen. Det kom over
England til Bremerhaven med Moderen, som døde der den 13 April og begravedes i Hamborg 16 April.
Det bragtes med Moderens Moder tillige med Liget til Hamborg og derfra til Faderens Søster og Svoger Hr. Drescher

------------- translation:

Parents:
Hans Ahlmann, Ship captain now in China >now dead< and wife Sophie 35.

The father is as ship captain in China. His wife was with him, but travelled from China via New-York to the home.
The child was born at the sea at the steamship Hermann between New-York and England after one day at sea. It came via
England to Bremerhaven with the mother, who died there 13th of April and was buried in Hamburg 16th of April.
Along with the mother's mother it was braught with the corps to Hamburg and from there to the father's sister and brother-in-law Mr. Drescher.

Ole

Rhonda Staskow

Hello -

Thank you so much for this - it helps prove the relationship that I expected.

Kind regards, Rhonda