Need help using Danish Family Searchl

Startet af Claude Anders Hanson, 19 Sep 2018 - 01:53

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Claude Anders Hanson

I need someone to tell me how to use the Census section of Danish Family Search.  My log in apparently works because it says "Logged in as Claude Hanson.  When I try to use the Census information I can get the "View Surnames" with a list of all of the surnames.  However, when I try to bring up one of the surnames I get the message "Name cannot be displayed".  What am I doing wrong,,, or what additional step should I make?  Right now I'm trying to find Christian Jensen in Toftlund parish, on the 1801 census.  Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.  Thanks, Claude

Shari Jensen

Hi Claude Anders,

I didn't have any problems bringing up information on DanishFamilySearch.com, I'm not sure why you are having problems. Could be a temporary technical glitch.

Below is info copied & pasted from Danish Demographic Database (dda.ddd.dk). It has an English translation option which as you will see is quite comical here and there. (example: going to day care. :D

With the English translation option, Christen seems to be translated to Christian in some records.

The spelling of Danish names back in the day often varied, thus Christen and Christian are sometimes interchangeable. Laur and Lars is another example.

Note: I found the same info on DFS, but DDD is easier to copy & paste from.

The history of Southern Jutland is a complex one, and I'm no expert. You may wish to consult others here on Forum who can educate you on the subject which is quite fascinating. There is also a wealth of info on the web of course.

PERSON # 1:

All information regarding the chosen person

Name:   Christian Jensen   Sex:   M
Position in the household:   Male
Profession:   Innerste and going to daycare
Source:   381
No. marriage:   1
Source:   FT-1801   Household / familienr:   11
Parish:   Toftlund (Kingdom)   Shire   Nørre Rangstrup
county:   Haderslev   Place:   Ørderup Bye
Indtastningsnr:   B8776   Serial No .:   496

All persons in the household
Haderslev, Nørre Rangstrup, Toftlund (Kingdom), Ørderup Bye,, 11, FT-1801, B8776
Name:    Age:    status:    Family position:    Profession:    Birthplace:
Christian Jensen     40     Married     Male     Innerste and going to daycare       
Merret Hansdatter     43     Married     his wife     The woman is knitting       
Mette Maria Christensdatter     9          Their children            
Hans Jensen Christensen     5          Their children            
Jens Christensen     2          Their children            
Maren Jensdatter     30     Single          Boer for rent and lace       
Anna Cathrina Lorentzen     6          Maren Jensdatters Children            
Paul Jensen     3          Maren Jensdatters Children            

PERSON # 2:

All information regarding the chosen person

Name:   Christian Jensen   Sex:   M
Position in the household:   His children
Source:   379
comments:   In the field of civil status is "likewise", which refers to the marital status of the previous one, ie. single.   
Source:   FT-1801   Household / familienr:   2
Parish:   Toftlund (Kingdom)   Shire   Nørre Rangstrup
county:   Haderslev   Place:   Ørderup Bye
Indtastningsnr:   B8776   Serial No .:   444

All persons in the household
Haderslev, Nørre Rangstrup, Toftlund (Kingdom), Ørderup Bye,, 2, FT-1801, B8776
Name:    Age:    status:    Family position:    Profession:    Birthplace:
Anders Hansen     51     Married     Male     Innerste, Gør Træskoe and Vognkurve and covers       
Johanna Margretha Hansdatter     40     Married     His wife     The woman is spinning       
Hans Christensen     19     Single     His children     have in winter helped the father to make a curve, teens otherwise       
Christian Jensen     17     Single     His children            
Dorthe Christina Andersdatter     13          His children            
Jens Hansen Andersen     4          Their children            
Woldborg Andersdatter     3          Their children       

Helle Jespersen

You have to make a mark in the little box concerning the privacy data information. According to the new law which came in may 2018
Forsker i området omkring Skibby, Horsens, Als & Sundeved, og lidt syd for Viborg. Har afstikkere til København, USA og Australien, samt enkelte indgifte fra Sverige og Polen.

Helle Jespersen

Make the login as usual.
Click the at the box to the left saying "Persondatalov".

Then, a new window is shown. In the grey box, make the mark, at save your informations.

By setting the mark, you agree to the new privacy police.

Forsker i området omkring Skibby, Horsens, Als & Sundeved, og lidt syd for Viborg. Har afstikkere til København, USA og Australien, samt enkelte indgifte fra Sverige og Polen.

Helle Jespersen

Claude Anders Hanson

Thanks everybody!  Halle, I  can't find where to check "save your information".  Looking forward to hearing from you again.  Claude

Lynn Christiansen

Claude---

Login as you normally would
Once you sign in and it indicates that you are "Logged in as Claude Hanson" click on User tab and select "My Details"
On the left there should be a menu select the option "The Personal Data Act"
A form will appear, in the grayed box, check the box indicating the you acknowledge etc.
Click the red button "Continue"

You should now be able to work your way through to the Surnames on the Census records.

Lynn
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Claude Anders Hanson

Lynn:  My ignorance is overwhelming!  I tried.  However,, I couldn't find a tab called "my details"----I did find the Personal Data - and I couldn't find the acknowledge....However, I did find the red button and when I pressed it, a message "Are you sure?" and when I said "yes" it sent me back to start all over again.  I think Trump must have put a hex on my machine because he learned somehow that I occasionally had unpleasant thoughts about him!!! 

Perhaps on Tuesday you can rid me a bit of mental weakness!

Clawed

Lynn Christiansen

Claude--

Once you are Logged in, click the User tab again (see attachment, arrow #1), a short dropdown menu should appear containing "My Details" and "Logout" options. Click the My Details option and then proceed. Note the option to select next is "The Personal Data Act" (see attachment, arrow #2)

Lynn
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Claude Anders Hanson

HALELUJH!I finally found that last grey box and where I needed to put a check mark.  It was on the same page as the red continue button.  Thank you for unscrambling my brain, Lynn.  Klod

Shari Jensen

Claude Anders, you never mentioned if the info I gave you was of any use to you.

Claude Anders Hanson

Sorry Sheri:  I thought I had responded to you.  The first person  you found was 12 to 15 years to young.  The second is  the second son of my ggg grandfather Anders Hansen.  The first son is the father of my g g grandfather Hans Chistensen Andersen.  My sincere apologlies for not responding to you.   I am looking for Niels Jensen who was connfirmed in Farup in 1764.  Incidentally, I have looked for the parents of Anders Hansen who was apparently born  ca 1750 and he married Woldborg Christensdatter and their first two children were Hans Christensen Andersen and Christen Jensen Andersen listed above.   If you can help me find Neils Jensen or Anders Hansen's birth parents.... you would make me the happiest old man in Boise, Idaho!!!

Shari Jensen

No worries, Claude Anders. 

I think I will leave it up to one of the more seasoned folks here to help you with the info you are looking for. They can find almost anything it would seems.

Best to you in Boise!

Claude Anders Hanson

Thanks Sheri!  I'm always appreciative of  those who  try to help me.