Need help translating birth record in Stokkemarke Sogn, Maribo

Startet af PrivateUser, 04 Okt 2018 - 06:49

Forrige emne - Næste emne

PrivateUser

Hello,

I am attempting to trace the progeny of my grandmother's grandmother's father, Abraham Jensen of Tjennemarke, Stokkemarke Sogn, Maribo, Denmark. My grandmother's grandmother, Maren Stine Andreasen, was born out of wedlock to Trine Andreasdatter and Abraham Jensen in Stokkemarke Sogn in 1851. I was trying to figure out how many children he had with his two wives as he was married at the time he had an affair with Trine because those would be Maren's half-siblings. I think I may have found yet another illegimiate child of Abraham Jensen's and need some help in translating two records.

The first one would be the confirmation record of Ane Hansen of Abed and she was confirmed within the Stokkemarke Sogn on 23 April 1876. Her birthday was 18 February 1862 in Tjennemarke, Stokkemarke Sogn. Her confirmation record listed Maren Hansen as her mother and Abraham Jensen as her father. I then looked up her birth record and discovered she'd been born in Tjennemarke and it lists her mother Maren Hansen, but it looks like it wasn't known who the father was but I think I may have seen "Abraham Jensen of Tjennemarke" at the very end of the notes in the birth record. Did Ane's birth record say her mother Maren Hansen was 43 years old?

Will someone please check those two documents for me and translate? There's a lot of writing in the birth record and I'd like to know what it says, if possible?

Thank you.

Svend Aage Mikkelsen

Hello

You are right in your reading. She claimed she was raped on the road between Maribo and Stokkemarke by a journeyman, but later Abraham Jensen admitted he was the father.

Svend Aage
Svend Aage

PrivateUser

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for the verification. I'm learning how to read Danish a little bit by reading the records, but that one was above my abilities.

Did the record say anything about him being her step-father? I found his first wife and she had a daughter with her previous husband and the daughter was named Maren Kjerstine Hansen/Hansdatter who was born 21 Apr 1820, which would have put her age at 41. I think it's a different Maren Hansen because of the age, but I thought I'd ask just in the off-chance...

Thank you very much for your help. It is much appreciated.

Kristine Pitkin
Corvallis, Oregon