Help translating confirmation record

Startet af PrivateUser, 16 Okt 2018 - 00:33

Forrige emne - Næste emne

PrivateUser

Hello,

I am trying to track down Anders Hansen of Orup, Roholte, Praesto who was born approximately 1802. I think I may have found a confirmation record (in 1817 in Roholte, Praesto) for Anders Hansen of Orup who was born 7 June 1802. It looks like his father's name appears as Hans M....?

There is a JPEG attached of his confirmation. I would like to request a possible translation of Anders' father's name, if possible, please. It looks like Anders Hansen of Orup and his father is Hans M something something of Orup, Anders was 14 3/4 at the time of his confirmation and his birthdate was 7 Jun 1802. Then the last two columns, I don't know what they say. It looks like the very last column on the right is supposed to have his baptism or vaccination date, but I can't figure out what it says. Please help.

Thank you.

KP

Ole Westermann

In translation:

Anders Hansen in Orup
Hmd (husmand - smallholder) Hans Mortensen in Orup
14¾ y.o., bapt. 7th of June 1802
Good knowledge and praiseworthy behaviour
(has had the) natural smallpox

mvh Ole

PrivateUser

Thank you very much. Oh, so interesting Anders already had the smallpox and survived. First record I've seen thus far written like that where the child already had smallpox.

Thank you for your help. It is much appreciated.

Kristine Pitkin
Corvallis, OR

Ole Westermann

I think, that most of those stated to have had the 'natural smallpox', in reality had the cowpox leaving them resistent to the human pox/smallpox virus.
Cowpox is a zoonosis, i.e. can be transmitted and carried by humans and many animals, and mice and rats are probably the main hosts of the virus.

And that was probably also meant, when there was written 'natural' (and not dangerous).

Ole (vet)