Question about church transcript for Niels Christensen

Startet af Linda Michelle Thérèsa de Bodt Rosenland, 23 Nov 2018 - 01:00

Forrige emne - Næste emne
Hello,

I came across the following in the church transcripts in Skjold, Bjerre, Vejle and it seems to indicate that my Niels Christensen may have fathered a child with Ellen Kirstine and the child was born 8 Apr 1813?  The transcript does not translate well.

Undertegnede beboere i Stourup by bevidner herved under vor hånd og vor .. bekræfte at med .. at indsidder husmands Christen Nielsen Lundums søn Niels og indsidderske afg. Snedker Niels Bruuns hustru Ellen Nielsdatters uægte datter Ellen Kirstine som begge i år går til confirmation har haft de naturlige børnekopper, Stourup d. 8 april 1813 ..Jørgen Jensen, Niels Holgersen (den sidste med påholden pen)

Helle Jespersen

Ellen Kirstine is the daugther of Ellen Nielsdatter. Ellen Kirstine is an illegitimate child.
Ellen Nielsdatter was married to deceased Niels Bruun.

Christen Nielsen had a son called Niels.

Both parents of the children have witnessed that the children have had natural smallpox

Niels holgersen got help to write his name

Forsker i området omkring Skibby, Horsens, Als & Sundeved, og lidt syd for Viborg. Har afstikkere til København, USA og Australien, samt enkelte indgifte fra Sverige og Polen.

Citat fra: Helle Jespersen [17857] Dato 23 Nov 2018 - 08:11
Ellen Kirstine is the daugther of Ellen Nielsdatter. Ellen Kirstine is an illegitimate child.
Ellen Nielsdatter was married to deceased Niels Bruun.

Christen Nielsen had a son called Niels.

Both parents of the children have witnessed that the children have had natural smallpox

Niels holgersen got help to write his name

Thank you so much Helle.  I am not sure why Christen Nielsen's son, Niels, was mentioned in the record.

The way it translated was as follows:

I, the undersigned residents of Stourup, hereby certify under our hand and ours .. confirm that with. Husmands Christen Nielsen Lundum's son Niels and Indians. Sniper Niels Bruun's wife Ellen Nielsdatter's untrue daughter Ellen Kirstine who went to the confirmation this year had the natural children's cups, Stourup dated April 8, 1813.Jørgen Jensen, Niels Holgersen (the last one with pencil)

Ole Westermann

I would translate the actual text:

Signing inhabitants of Stourup hereby under our hand and (seal?) confirm, that cottager and smallholder CNL's son Niels and
cottager, late carpenter NB's wife, Ellen Nielsdatter's illegitimate daughter Elle Kirstine, who this year both are preparing for
their confirmation, have had the natural smallpox.
Stourup, April 8, 1813   Jørgen Jensen   Niels Holgersen (the last one with someone else holding the pen)

Ole