Search for Drude Sophia WITH -WITT - WITTEN born around 1717

Startet af Christina Kaul, 11 Dec 2018 - 11:17

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Christina Kaul

Here comes the last puzzle I am investigating in the context of my research on the Goldt family.

Heinrich Detlef Goldt married in 1746 in St. Petri Church in Kobenhavn Drude Sophia Witten, who was born around 1717, probably in Kobenhavn as she had her confirmation in St. Petri in 1736. Heinrich Detlef Goldt died in 1754 as registered again in St. Petri.

Drude must then have left Kobenhavn at some stage. Her children had their confirmation in 1763 and 1766 in Herfoelge (Praesto) and were living in Hegnedslund. WHY WOULD SHE MOVE THERE ?

The family still lived in Herfoelge in 1771 but then the 1787 census shows Drude and her daughter Catherine living in Koege. Drude died in 1788 in Koege (Koege St. Nicolai).

I am looking for birth date and place of Drude Sophia Witt, born around 1717/1718.

Unfortunately, Witt is not a rare family name. I checked the first church book of St. Petri and there is no Witt family. The first mention of Witt  n St. Petri is actually the confirmation of Drude Sophia Witten in 1736. In 1738 a Rebecca Marie Witten got confirmated in St. Petri. So I thought this probably is the younger sister, also because the family name has the same spelling.

Rebecca Marie Witten is born around 1721 and married on 14.12.1741 in St. Petri Daniel Martens.

I found the birth of a Rebecca Marie With on 24.6.1720 in Vor Frelser Church in Kobenhavn. The parents Morten With and Karen Olsdatter (in later birth records of children called Catharine Bland) got married on 26.4.1716 in the same church.

Children are as follows:

Anna Christina 15.7.1716 Vor Frelser
Reinholdt 11.7.1718 Vor Frelser (died 6.8.1719)
Rebecc
Ulrich Reinholdt 28.10.1721 Vor Frelser (died 24.6.1722)

Christina Kaul

Sorry I hit the button too early !!

Children are as follows:

Anna Christina 15.7.1716 Vor Frelser
Reinholdt 11.7.1718 Vor Frelser (died 6.8.1719)
Rebecca Marie 24.6.1720 Vor Frelser

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/en/billedviser?bsid=158805#158805,26680414

Ulrich Reinholdt 28.10.1721 Vor Frelser (died 24.6.1722)
Martin 14.11.1723 Holmens Kirke

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/en/billedviser?bsid=151552#151552,25184685

I am not totally clear on the fathers description there, in particular the reference to Christiansfeld which I think did not exist at that time.

Martin Witt died on 1.3.1735 in St. Petri age 59, therefore born around 1675.

So it looks like this could be the correct family but no birth of a Drude Sophia With. Looking at the children, there is also not much 'space' for another child.

Any suggestions on this ? Maybe this is simply the wrong family ?

After 1740 there are plenty of other Witt in St. Petri but I could not find any clear link to my case.

Thanks in advance,

Christina

Eva Morfiadakis

I am not totally clear on the fathers description there, in particular the reference to Christiansfeld which I think did not exist at that time.

I think it says that father  Morten Wütt is a turner at Töjhuset on Christianshafn.

Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

The surname was misread by me. Probably it is Wiitt.

Eva M
Eva M

Christina Kaul

Thanks Eva. I obviously misread Christianshavn for Christiansfeld !

The family name if often spelled in different ways and I have seen Wuett alongside Witt or With or Witten.

I still have no idea how I could find the birth of Drude Sophia ! Maybe I found a wrong family although it seems to fit with some aspects like confirmation of Rebecca Marie and the death of Martin Witt ?

I thought perhaps Drude's move to Hegnedslund in Herfoelge (Praesto) could provide a clue to her origins ?

What would be the motivation for the widow of an auditeur with the Royal Lifeguards to move from Kobenhavn to Herfoelge ?

Thanks in advance for all considerations !

Christina