Current Address: Odense, Lunde, Lumby, Stige, Lumby Sogn, , Et Hus, 52 F2, FT-18

Startet af Christian Moore, 26 Dec 2018 - 06:15

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Christian Moore

Hello,
I am planning to visit Denmark in 2019 and go visit the places my Great Grandfather Morten Henning Mortensen, lived with his parents and siblings.
I am pretty clear about my Danish families genealogy in NY but there is a branch from my Morten Henning Mortensen's brother; Rasmus Peter Mortensen that I know nothing about and his descendants.

One agrees is: Odense, Lunde, Lumby, Stige, Lumby Sogn, , Et Hus, 52 F2, FT-1890
and another address is: Odense, Bjerge, Birkende, Birkende, 4a, , 35, FT-1916

The family is Mortensen and here are their names and birthdates and places:
Anders Mortensen 53 Gift Husfader Bager Kjøng Sogn, Odense Amt
Karen Henningsen 48 Gift Husmoder Kjøng Sogn, Odense Amt
Karen Henningmine Mortensen 17 Ugift Barn Søllested Sogn, Odense Amt
Morten Henning Mortensen 12 Ugift Barn Søllested Sogn, Odense Amt
Maren Kirstine Mortensen 9 Ugift Barn Odense
Rasmus Peter Mortensen 5 Ugift Barn Søllested Sogn, Odense Amt
Can some one tell me where this address is today in current districts in Denmark?

Also I need to find out what happened to Rasmus Peter Mortensen who returned to Denmark from Troy NY after his wife died and lived with his married sister Karen Henningmine Mortensen (Hansen) at(?): Odense Bjerge, Birkende, Birkende, 4a, 35, FT-1916

Could someone tell me that present address that the above address: Odense Bjerge, Birkende, Birkende, 4a, 35, FT-1916

This is more info I gathered that may or may not help:
Odense, Odense, Sankt Hans Landsogn, Skibhusvej, 5ae, 89 F1, FT-1901, C4187
Navn: Alder:
Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Hans Peter Hansen 13. marts 1869 Gift Husfader Handelsmand. (Husflidsgjenstande) Haarby Sogn, Assens Amt Karen Henningmine [Hansen], født Mortensen 15. marts 1873 Gift Husmoder Jeg syr skindtrøjer Søllested Sogn, Assens Amt
Olga Marie Hansen 27. december 1897 Ugift Barn St. Hans Landsogn, Odense Amt
Karen Mortensen, født Henningsen 6. januar 1842 Gift Husmoderens moder Lidt Formue, ellers intet Erhverv Glamsbjerg, Køng, Assens Amt
Rasmus Peter Mortensen 23. september 1884 Ugift Husmoderens broder Cykelsmedlærling Søllested Sogn, Assens Amt

I'd love to meet my Danish relatives this year!

Britta Hansen

Hi Christian and welcome at our Forum,

Rasmus Peter Mortensen *23.8.1884 married Anna Petra Kirstine Jensen on 1. April 1906 at Slagelse Sankt Peders He was a Ungkarl(Bachelor)

His son Holger Henning Anders Mortensen *18.3.1907 in North Troy, New York
married in Esbjerg Vor Frelser Parish on 26. May 1929

Rasmus Peter Mortensen + wife and children in 1925 Census at Finsensgade 42, Esbjerg Obviously there were two sons born in the USA1907 + 1909
Three more children born in DK
There is no sign of a dead spouse

Census 1930 Danmarksgade 66, 1., Esbjerg

The family in Census 1940 living at Frederiksborggade 37, 1. Copenhagen

Please notice:
Due to European Legislation we don't mention the names of persons born in and after 1908, unless we know that they died 10 years ago or more.
Venlig hilsen
Britta Hansen

britta.hansen12@gmail.com

Britta Hansen

Odense, Lunde, Lumby Parish, Stige - Census 1890
Family no 15 Rasmus Peter is on the next page, and the father was not at home on 1.Feb 1890

The address or cadastre number of the house is not mentioned in the 1890 Census.
At the Historical Map – 1899 you will find the village Stige just north of the Odense City.

The address might have been Skippervej or Lodsvej
(Skippervej, 5270 Odense)
Venlig hilsen
Britta Hansen

Britta Hansen

Odense, Bjerge, Birkende, Birkende, 4a, , 35, FT-1916
Link to the original source

Odense, Bjerge, Birkende, Birkende, 4a, 35, FT-1916, C7406
Navn:    Alder:    Status:    Stilling i familien:    Erhverv:    Fødested:
Rasmus Mortensen     26/2 1832     Gift     husfader     Fhv. Landmand      
Maren Kirstine Hansen     15/10 1844     Gift     husmoder          

The property is matr.nr. 4a Birkende By, Birkende.

The address is Odensevej 37, 5559 Langeskov
Venlig hilsen
Britta Hansen

Britta Hansen

Christian,

I found some relatives of Villy Immanuel 1915-1950 and a younger sister 1931-2008 and spoke/mailed with them.

I'll send you detailed info in a private mail.
Venlig hilsen
Britta Hansen

Helmer Christiansen

I don't think the present day address is Odensevej 37. The house Odensevej 37 is situated on a plot of land with cadastral number 9a, and 9a is in Rønninge parish.
On old cadastral maps the farm buildings of 4a in Birkende was situated in the village proper. Today cadastral number 4al, address Nørrevang 3, 5550 Langeskov. Year of construction: 1870
Helmer Christiansen
2000 F

Britta Hansen

Helmer,

The property 'Truelsholm', Odensevej 37 consists of several pieces of land as displayed on the boliga site:
matr. 4a Birkende by, Birkende
        9a Røjrup
etc.

You might be right about changes of cadastral numbers. Or a mistake was made when listing the persons in the census.

Maybe the number is '4u' .The property you found was previously named matr.nr. 4u according to the old map,
On the previous census page we see matr.nr. 39b. This is the neighbour of 4u
Venlig hilsen
Britta Hansen